No announcement yet.

2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kampersal was a mastermind this weekend. Wallin doesn't play and he juggles the lines. He squeezed a goal out of Connolly who took Wallin's place. He also must have shortened the bench and moved Prommersberger up and got a goal out of her. Then, in the second game he gets a goal out of Bedier and an assist on a new line for her with Gough and Vaslet. Vaslet also had six shots the second game which I think is her high. Zanon was awesome on faceoffs and picked up two assists. I'm waiting for a Zanon explosion which is coming. She is a threat every time she steps on the ice. Bothun is such a competitor, good things are coming her way. She is capable of going on a hot streak like Thatcher Demko for Vancouver.

Comment

• He’s a very good coach. You can see the strategy and game smarts and what it takes to be successful against different teams. He’ll keep having positive results to give his team confidence all season.

Comment

• Congrats on the win Penn State fans. Bummed for my Lakers, but that’s hockey. Til next time.

Comment

• Sisto is the strategy king and now he has transformed his thinking on frosh and he is now getting serious production from frosh. That's quite the forward thinking for him. Six years ago Upson would not even be seeing the ice and it looks like she will be the rookie of the year I'm surprised he did not stick with his goalie platoon and went with Nystrom both games. She was a nice pick up from RPI when your other goalie transferred.

Comment

• I didn't know the CHA started doing a player podcast, but it's good to see them go beyond writing articles - the interviews are short, so they're easy to listen to:

https://www.spreaker.com/show/inside...ckey-america_2

Comment

• Julie Gough was named the CHA Forward of the Week, and Josie Bothun was named the CHA Goalie of the Week:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/11...accolades.aspx

Comment

• Josie Bothun has been named the first 2021-22 CHA Goalie of the Month:

https://chawomenshockey.com/news/202...the-month.aspx

Comment

• Penn State is back home this weekend for a CHA series against Lindenwood on Friday (6:00 Eastern) and Saturday (2:00 Eastern). Both games will be streamed on BTN+.

Lindenwood was off last weekend, after a series split with Syracuse the weekend before. Their last game was the 5-3 win over Syracuse. So far this season they've lost the non-conference games they weren't going to win anyway, to Wisconsin, St. Cloud, and Mankato, and then got the split with Syracuse, so who knows? Typically, you never know what you're going to get with Lindenwood. Sometimes they show up to play, and sometimes they don't, but it's usually always pretty chippy. They and Penn State are both 1-1 in CHA play.

I think if Penn State plays Lindenwood the way they played Mercyhurst, they should come away with a pretty healthy sweep - keep the pace flying, battle for pucks, crowd the net, shoot like crazy, and stay out of the penalty box. I don't know anything about Lindenwood strengths and weaknesses, but they're not leading the CHA in penalties so far, so maybe the coaches have tightened up on the chippiness...we'll see this weekend.

Comment

• Links for tonight's game at home against Lindenwood (6:00 Eastern).

BTN+ livestream: https://www.bigtenplus.com/en-int/playerpage/1050029

Live stats: http://pennstate.sidearmsports.com/s...hockey/summary

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 11-05-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Natalie Heising is the featured player on this week's Inside College Hockey America podcast: https://www.spreaker.com/user/154500...the-cha-natali

Comment

• After one, it's Lindenwood up 2-0 on Penn State, with assists on both goals from the Penn State defense...good grief. Penn State had a sloppy first half of the period, but looked like they're not far off of their game in the second half, so better things should come. I know I harp on the defense and their puck handling, but it's cost Penn State two goals so far, so I'll keep talking about it until they fix it. Penn State has had good chances, so I think they'll settle down and start making things happen.

Comment

• After two, it's still 2-0 Lindenwood up on Penn State. Shots on goal are 32-13 for Penn State. Lindenwood has three penalties, Penn State has two. Chemistry isn't there tonight, with Olivia Wallin not dressed for the game again, but that didn't matter last week in game two at Mercyhurst, so...who knows.

Comment

• And just like that, in four minutes of the third Penn State has its third goal of the period to take the lead 3-2.

Comment

• Penn State takes the win 5-3 over Lindenwood. Shots on goal were 50-19, and penalties were 6 for Lindenwood and 4 for Penn State. I don't know what happened to Lindenwood at the start of the third period, or what Penn State came out thinking, but three Penn State goals in four minutes pretty much knocked the wind out of Lindenwood. Jeff Kampersal shuffled the top line during the game, putting Alyssa Machado with Natalie Heising and Kiera Zanon, and she got one of the goals, so maybe that's a good mix. As always, Amy Dobson was solid, and she did get an assist, but I wish she got more good scoring chances for all the work she puts in.

A win is a win, in spite of the first two periods, so hopefully whatever Penn State changed for the third period will carry over to tomorrow's game.

Comment

• Kampersal must have given quite the inspirational talk between the 2nd and 3rd periods PSU just needs to put the shutout in game two against Mercy Hurst and 5 goals in one period in the same game. Ten different players with a point and the Captain with 3. A game PSU can't lose and they didn't.

Zed keep on posting all your links.

Comment

Working...
                                X