2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
    Are there any known Penn State or CHA rules for fans (or no fans) regarding attending games in person this season? Mask/no mask, Vaxx card, players family only, or other rules a non-PSU family member might need to be aware of prior to booking flights or travel to see a game at Pegula this fall/winter?
    This will be a non-answer, but I've heard everything from no mask with vax card and mask without a vax card, then mask for everyone, and now I just have no idea. I couldn't tell you where I read any of this, but the last thing to stick in my head was that everyone will need a mask, regardless of vaccination status. I'd just bring a mask with you.

Penn State is actively advertising season tickets and renewals, so fans in seats is a go as of now.

I'm pretty sure zambonidriver is a player parent, so maybe he has (or can get) clearer info on this.

Comment

Zambonidriver is Bothun Dad..I’m sure he can enlighten us …

Comment

Only requirement is mask at all Penn State indoor activities.

Comment

Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
          Do you know anything about the parking, now that they're going to charge for it? Everything I've seen about the new parking fees mentions lots all around Pegula, but nothing mentions being allowed to park in the Pegula lot (which has happened before, believe it or not).

Comment

Here is what I know. Not much as last year was our first year but I will help if I can. We parked in the lot in front of the main entance. which I believe you can still do after 4 on week days. We also parked in the lot across the street which was a football stadium lot. Both were free. Being we fly in we will be using our daughters car and she has a parking pass for the players lot outside the players entrance so that is where we will park.
            Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track & Field, BJC Wrestling matches
            • General Parking locations: Jordan East, Stadium West, Porter North
            • Prepaid ParkMobile Parking Rate: $5.50 per vehicle
              • Season parking packages available for most sports
            • Day-of-Event Parking Rate: $10 per vehicle
              • Cash only for men's basketball, women's basketball and men's hockey, and for all other athletics events in this area when they coincide with Bryce Jordan Center and Pegula Ice Arena events
              • Higher rates may apply when athletics events coincide with non-athletics Bryce Jordan Center and Pegula Ice Arena events. Rates will vary and will be announced prior to each event
            • $1 per hour parking also available at the East Deck for most ev

Comment

This is the part that's throwing me:

Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track & Field, BJC Wrestling matches

General Parking locations: Jordan East, Stadium West, Porter North
              Nothing saying the Pegula lot will be open for hockey games - just Jordan East, Stadium West, and Porter North. The only one I know is Stadium West (the Beaver Stadium parking lot across the street from Pegula).

And then there's this:

Prepaid ParkMobile Parking Rate: $5.50 per vehicle
              • Season parking packages available for most sports

Day-of-Event Parking Rate: $10 per vehicle
              They advertise a cheaper parking rate if you prepay through ParkMobile, but there isn't a single women's hockey game on the ParkMobile schedule to pay for. That makes it look like it will be the $10 parking fee for each women's hockey game at Pegula, wherever we'll be allowed to park.

A $10 hockey weekend we've had since the start of Penn State D-1 hockey is now a $30 weekend - that's $450 for the home games and parking this season if you buy your tickets at the arena. If you're a season ticket holder, you'll be dropping $20 a weekend for parking - that's $300 for parking at the home games this season.

This will be the first season where I won't be renewing my season tickets. I can buy the video streaming subscription for a lot less, not have to walk from wherever I park, get the best view of the game, and get replays and commentary. We'll see what they come up with when the national tournament rolls around in March.

Comment

That's what I say on pro football, but the stadiums are so much bigger and I like or have become used to the ten camera angles where watching a game on tv is better than in person. I'm not sure you have the same dynamics in women's hockey, but it will be a big loss without you videotaping at the games. I have enjoyed watching your stuff over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                  That's what I say on pro football, but the stadiums are so much bigger and I like or have become used to the ten camera angles where watching a game on tv is better than in person. I'm not sure you have the same dynamics in women's hockey, but it will be a big loss without you videotaping at the games. I have enjoyed watching your stuff over the years.
                  Thanks, Reddington! I loved shooting videos, even if Penn State staff didn't like it. 2019-20 was by far the most fun I've had following this program, getting to mix with the players and just chit-chatting with them at post-game skates. The days of shooting videos are definitely gone - they made that very clear (hahaha). Now it's back to just numbers on the ice, playing hockey, but that's okay, too...I can't wait for this season to start!

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                    This is the part that's throwing me:

They advertise a cheaper parking rate if you prepay through ParkMobile, but there isn't a single women's hockey game on the ParkMobile schedule to pay for. That makes it look like it will be the $10 parking fee for each women's hockey game at Pegula, wherever we'll be allowed to park.

This feels like an oversight. I wonder if there’s someone related to the program or school that reads here that could address it. Similar to how there is a Wisconsin poster on the board who lurked when they used to be a volunteer advocate for the team.

At any rate, they are lucky to have you as a fan Zed . Hope you make it to SOME home games, even if not all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      This feels like an oversight. I wonder if there’s someone related to the program or school that reads here that could address it. Similar to how there is a Wisconsin poster on the board who lurked when they used to be a volunteer advocate for the team.

At any rate, they are lucky to have you as a fan Zed . Hope you make it to SOME home games, even if not all.
                      Thanks, Lindsay - I may get to Pegula this season for a game or two, but the only non-conference home game that looks intriguing to me is the one against Cornell. I'd rather watch a good hard CHA battle, and I'd love to see Penn State beat the snot out of Syracuse after last season's CHA tournament, so maybe I'll do that.

I'm really hoping all the good stuff from last season wasn't just a one-off for Penn State, and that they come back this season with an attitude. Nobody takes a team seriously for putting together one great season...consistency has to happen now. Okay, I know last season wasn't a fluke, and that this group is very talented, but they still need to stay on the fire. They bring back everyone from last season except Jenna Brenneman (who didn't play anyway) and Jessica Adolfsson, who will be missed on defense. Other than those two, it's the same team with four new freshmen and a fifth-year transfer from Clarkson (defender Avery Mitchell)..so no excuses.

Comment

Zed, You might want to watch the BC series. As an Insider the loss to Syracuse definitely left a bad taste in their mouth and they have them circled on the schedule. FYI for what it was worth. Move in for sophs through seniors was Aug 21. The first organized activity was the 25th on the 19th the entire team less the freshmen who had to cleared medically were on the ice and every day after until formal activities started so I don't think you have to worry about excuses.

Comment

Thank you ZD! Please post if anything changes...

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post

Thank you ZD! Please post if anything changes...
                            And, zambonidriver, if you can find out who has the video streaming for games this season, I'm all ears. Ten days out and Penn State hasn't said a word about it.

Comment

Home btn+

Comment

Home btn+
                                BTN+ doesn't have any Penn State women's hockey home games on their schedule yet, so I guess we'll have to wait till closer to game day. I thought they would have a season-long streaming package available by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X