2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Haha Zed. Literally speaking the days of cardboard cutout skaters are numbered.

Vaccines are here and they work. Fans will be back next season. Praying we can get folks to embrace vaccines and we don’t need to go the vaccine passport route.

I haven’t been in a rink since March 7, 2020....very excited to go today. :-) I know folks like you and many of the other fans here who routinely watch home games at the college level will be loving it in the fall. Soon!
    I think February 28, 2020 was the last game I saw at the arena...ugh. I do like your enthusiasm, so I'm going with the Lindsay Forecast, and plan to be in the stands for next season!

Comment

Penn State will officially be back with fans in the stands for all sports facilities this upcoming season - woohoo! The article focuses on football, of course, but all sports venues will welcome fans back. Unvaccinated fans will be required to wear a mask:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/6/...-the-fall.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
        Penn State will officially be back with fans in the stands for all sports facilities this upcoming season - woohoo! The article focuses on football, of course, but all sports venues will welcome fans back. Unvaccinated fans will be required to wear a mask:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/6/...-the-fall.aspx
        Great news! Bodes well for the frozen four too. Next up is for them to give you rights to bring a tripod to the rink or a media pass. :-)

Comment

Next up is for them to give you rights to bring a tripod to the rink or a media pass. :-)
          I think I'll have to go to a parallel universe to have any chance of that happening! I'll just be happy to be in the stands for hockey, especially when tournament time comes around.

Comment

Penn State has posted its roster for 2021-22 and there aren't any surprises, other than that it's missing any incoming freshmen. There should be two forwards and two defenders coming in the freshman class, for a total roster of 23 players, goalies included.

https://gopsusports.com/sports/women...roster/2021-22

Comment

Penn State has posted its roster for 2021-22 and there aren't any surprises, other than that it's missing any incoming freshmen. There should be two forwards and two defenders coming in the freshman class, for a total roster of 23 players, goalies included.

https://gopsusports.com/sports/women...roster/2021-22
              Hopeful we also see some transfer names populate the PSU roster for this coming year. Also hoping we get to see a schedule sometime soon as the other conferences have already released them. Perhaps the RMU news has delayed the scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post

Hopeful we also see some transfer names populate the PSU roster for this coming year. Also hoping we get to see a schedule sometime soon as the other conferences have already released them. Perhaps the RMU news has delayed the scheduling.
                Now Penn State has taken down the link to the 2021-22 roster, but there weren't any surprises on it. I kind of expected at least one transfer to jump to Penn State from Robert Morris, but there isn't really much room on the roster, or any huge holes to fill. Jessica Adolfsson is the only active player from last season who won't be back, so it's last season's roster with four new freshmen added to it.

Comment

Now Penn State has taken down the link to the 2021-22 roster, but there weren't any surprises on it. I kind of expected at least one transfer to jump to Penn State from Robert Morris, but there isn't really much room on the roster, or any huge holes to fill. Jessica Adolfsson is the only active player from last season who won't be back, so it's last season's roster with four new freshmen added to it.

Kind of funny it goes up and then down again. I recall them doing that in a prior year. I scanned their roster yesterday and counted 5 with U18 national team experience. I like how they put that right on the roster info instead of making a person dig.

23 seems like a normal Roster size, but not sure how typical for this year. In other words, like you I am surprised no RMU transfers. I tried to count Hurst yesterday and came up with 28 unless some people are transferring out. And they are def not only program with numbers like these.

Comment

23 seems like a normal Roster size, but not sure how typical for this year. In other words, like you I am surprised no RMU transfers. I tried to count Hurst yesterday and came up with 28 unless some people are transferring out. And they are def not only program with numbers like these.
                    With 23 on the Penn State roster, it makes me wonder if Jeff Kampersal has declined requests for transfers that he may have gotten, choosing to go with what he has instead of adding a "bonus year senior" like Lexi Templeman from Robert Morris (who transferred to Ohio State). Kampersal is finally up and running with a group he recruited, and maybe he just wants to focus on whatever he had planned with them before Covid screwed everyone up. Adding a bonus-year senior really sounds more like it would be a wrench in the system, when she only gets one season with the team. Adding a transfer who has at least a couple seasons left sounds good, but again Kampersal may want to just stick with who he recruited and work the plan and systems he had for them.

I'm trying to think of holes in Penn State's game from last season, but I'm coming up short. The freshmen went out and overachieved to such a degree that I can't remember the shortcomings. Does anyone remember low spots for them to work on? Jessica Adolfsson is going to be missed on defense, for sure, so that's going to be some big skates to fill. That's all I have.

Comment

True to form, Penn State has something up its sleeve, welcoming six new players this season instead of the expected four. No mention yet of who the additional two players are, though.

https://***********/PennStateWHKY/st...03266398990340

Comment

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/sports...ock_id=1035497

Comment

Penn State has posted short intros for the four incoming freshmen that are on CollegeCommitments.com, but they keep saying six are coming. Any idea who the other two are?

Comment

Penn State has posted short intros for the four incoming freshmen that are on CollegeCommitments.com, but they keep saying six are coming. Any idea who the other two are?
                            Perhaps you are getting transfers from RMU, and they are still working their way through the admissions office. Michaela Boyle has 2 yrs eligibility left, 22 points in 25 games this year. Ellie Marcovsky had 18 points, 4 yrs eligibility left, Maggy Burbidge had 17 points - 3 years eligibility left. It's possible the Canadian folks go back to Canada or all them could even stay at RMU and play club, but I suspect there will be at least another handful of RMU transfers announced and wouldn't be surprised to see Penn State on the receiving end.

To answer your q about bonus years from the Hurst thread - I'm fine with them! Short story - competitive hockey, if its within the rules, and a coach thinks its right for their program go for it. I could go on and on about it, but will stop myself for once lol. What do you think?

Comment

Five are Freshmen. This is the one transfer I know that is coming. https://clarksonathletics.com/sports...-mitchell/6801

Comment

Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
                                Five are Freshmen. This is the one transfer I know that is coming. https://clarksonathletics.com/sports...-mitchell/6801
                                Okay, thanks for that. Maybe the fifth freshman is a former Robert Morris commit, as Lindsay says below:

Perhaps you are getting transfers from RMU, and they are still working their way through the admissions office. Michaela Boyle has 2 yrs eligibility left, 22 points in 25 games this year. Ellie Marcovsky had 18 points, 4 yrs eligibility left, Maggy Burbidge had 17 points - 3 years eligibility left.
                                To answer your q about bonus years from the Hurst thread - I'm fine with them! Short story - competitive hockey, if its within the rules, and a coach thinks its right for their program go for it.
                                I guess I'm having a hard time imagining a player making any lasting impact on a program when she will only be there for one season. She has to acclimate to a whole new team and coaching staff, new climate, new playbook, new team chemistry, all the intangibles, etc. I guess it depends on the player and what she wants to accomplish in that season, too. I look at UMD, who had a good season, and now has Elizabeth Giguere from Clarkson for her bonus senior season - I don't think a player of her caliber would have any problem going anywhere else and doing big things. Regardless of where she went she is going to make some noise, and probably make everyone around her better for it, at least for this season. But what about after she leaves? What will her year at UMD have done for UMD?

Just to be clear, I'm just talking in "normal season" terms, not this "Covid/bonus" season, especially now with the cancelled Robert Morris program added to it, too (and I hope all of their seniors from last season find a home for this season). Also, I'm talking lasting impact, beyond any lift a player brings for a season.

I could go on and on about it, but will stop myself for once lol. What do you think?
                                Please go on and on about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X