2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-22 Penn State Nittany Lions

Going strictly by what's on collegecommitments.com (not always complete), Penn State only has four incoming freshmen next season:

Audrey Shirer, Forward, Dallas Stars U19
    Mya Vaslet, Forward, Nepean Junior Wildcats
    --------------------------------------------------
    Karley Garcia, Defense, Naha White
    Erika Shirer, Defense, Dallas Stars U19

Since the only active player loss from this season's team will be Jessica Adolfsson on defense, Penn State looks to be in good shape for next year. Natalie Heising will be back for a bonus run, too. 99% same team, with four new additions.

As always, the incoming freshmen are unknowns, so any info on them would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 03-25-2021, 12:09 PM.

Jenna Brenneman's farewell video: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...60419756179467

Jessica Adolfsson's farewell video: https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...56309058805768

Comment

♪
      She dreams in color she dreams in blue
      Can't find a Brenneman
      Can't find a Brenneman
      Can't find a Brenneman...
      ♪

Comment

Originally posted by TitleIXHockey View Post
        âª
        She dreams in color she dreams in blue
        Can't find a Brenneman
        Can't find a Brenneman
        Can't find a Brenneman...
        âª
        Those are the links for the videos when the videos are playing...you'll just have to scroll down into the tweet to watch them.

Comment

Grabbing some stuff from the 2020-21 thread:

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
          Short memory people, PSU did better out of conference the last two years than in conference. And that was before the highly acclaimed class came in.
          Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          I hope this entire experience sends a message to the CHA players about grabbing every point you can out of conference all year long.
          I think that's going to be the story for 2021-22 - seeing if Penn State continues to do well out of conference. What a shame that this team couldn't do that this year (true for every other D-1 team, too, I know). They can't look past CHA opponents, though. Consistency is going to be key. They had this great season, got people looking, and now they're going to be judged on where they go from here. There's nothing in their way except themselves.

Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
          To wrap up an interesting season.

1. They got to play!
          2. They set season records.
          3. Huge culture change.
          Pretty cool that they got their full CHA schedule played - that sure wasn't expected at the start of the season.

4. Hats off to Kampersal for cutting out the cancer.
          I understand the sentiment, but I would've loved to see this team with Shea Nelson and Katie Rankin in the lineup. Rankin, obviously, for her much-needed faceoff skills, and Nelson for her size and strength in front of the net.

5. Best Freshman class in college hockey.
          Without a doubt.

9. The Frozen 4 is at Pegula.
          10. Fans will be in the stands.
          I hope fans will be in the stands next season! I wonder if tournament selection would've been swayed this season if it had been Penn State hosting the tournament, as close as they were to being in it. It's as good a reason as anything else the committee came up with this season.

Comment

Jeff Kampersal on Jessica Adolfsson's impact at Penn State: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Exp1GYUW...jpg&name=large

And the same with Jenna Brenneman: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExbMPwXW...jpg&name=large

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 03-29-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

A really nice write-up on Josie Bothun being named USCHO Rookie of the Year: https://www.uscho.com/2021/04/01/wom...r-of-the-year/

(And welcome back, USCHO Fan Forum)

Comment

Kiera and Josie on the USCHO all rookie team also

Comment

Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post
                  Kiera and Josie on the USCHO all rookie team also
                  I was surprised that with three All-USCHO teams, they couldn't fit Kiara Zanon into anything better than an all-rookie team. She was third nationally in scoring regardless of class - that should have been good enough for one of the three teams. I guess it doesn't really matter...they got plenty of awards this season.

Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 04-04-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Per 5 Holio A Hole
                    Good luck everyone at Penn State. Oggie is her Dad, I think it's like the 4th different Name he's used on here. You can tell what you're going to get with this one. Going from rink to rink asking everyone who will give his kid a glowing endorsement is not an overstatement It really happens. By the way, if by some chance she doesn't have a good game or good results it is because someone else is at fault. Final note, If you are that good do you think the team's parents and players would really let you go play somewhere else that easy? Maybe they couldn't stand the constant fishing for attention and it was easy to say BYE BYE.
                    Now talk
                    A really nice write-up on Josie Bothun being named USCHO Rookie of the Year: https://www.uscho.com/2021/04/01/wom...r-of-the-year/

Comment

Wow, I get to post something Penn State-ish! Okay, it's nothing crazy cool, but it's a video of the players thanking their trainer for winning a "Behind The Scenes Hero" award from Penn State Athletics. I thought I'd add some timing notes so you know who's talking as they go from scene to scene.

It starts with (left to right) #13 Rene Gangarosa, #35 Jenna Brenneman, and #27 Izzy Heminger
                      0:43 - #20 Natalie Heising
                      1:02 - #28 Mikayla Lantto
                      1:18 - #21 Anna Promersberger
                      1:45 - (left to right) - #32 Cam Leonard, #29 Rachel Weiss, #14 Julie Gough, #18 Amy Dobson
                      1:57 - #26 Mallory Uihlein
                      2:11 - The Freshmen

https://twitter.com/GoPSUsports/stat...64655127351300

Comment

Interesting - the Pegula Ice Arena has reopened for public skating and other programs, with specific health guidelines in place (https://gopsusports.com/sports/2020/...g-updates.aspx). I wonder if this has anything to do with hosting the women's national tournament next season. Are they getting a head start on learning how to safely handle groups in the arena? If so, I like it, and hopefully by the start of next season they will have figured out how they can allow fans at the women's hockey games, and of course the national tournament, too.

Comment

That’s great Zed. With vaccines widely available to folks older than 16, and the health system not overwhelmed (to my knowledge), reopening seems reasonable. I see the limit is 25 people on the ice... I’m taking my kids skating somewhere tomorrow where the limit is 65 skaters and they’ve been open for months. Another example of difference in regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                            I see the limit is 25 people on the ice... I’m taking my kids skating somewhere tomorrow where the limit is 65 skaters and they’ve been open for months. Another example of difference in regulation.
                            I didn't really pay attention to what different schools in different conferences were doing for Covid safety this past season, but I know Penn State was following some pretty strict rules and never had to postpone a game due to Covid. As long as the powers-that-be get things right by the time hockey season rolls around, so fans are allowed back inside the arena, they can restrict Pegula to 25 cardboard skaters until then.

Comment

Haha Zed. Literally speaking the days of cardboard cutout skaters are numbered.

Vaccines are here and they work. Fans will be back next season. Praying we can get folks to embrace vaccines and we don’t need to go the vaccine passport route.

I haven’t been in a rink since March 7, 2020....very excited to go today. :-) I know folks like you and many of the other fans here who routinely watch home games at the college level will be loving it in the fall. Soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X