No announcement yet.

Transfer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giguere's Fiance lives 80 miles from Duluth according to the Watertown NY Paper. So you can guess where she may end up.

The fact that Bernard decided to head to OSU really puts the knights in a bind. According to a post on the Clarkson Roundtable, she is from Ohio and was home sick. Complicating factor was COVID lockdown and losing season. OSU makes sense for her. Best of luck to her
    Last edited by vicb; 04-04-2021, 02:31 PM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I'm hearing that RIT cut a whole bunch of their players, does anyone know what's going on there?

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

Greig to Colgate. Lauren Bernard from Clarkson to OSU. OSU is loading up. They must have a lot of space or don’t mind just cutting people.
        I heard again from someone pretty plugged in here in MN that OSU has told all freshman that ALL scholly $$$ from this years Freshman class has a been taken away to make $$$ available for transfers that are better players than them. You would be nuts imo to be committed to them as a HS kid knowing that sort of stuff is happening. Should be an interesting off-season and fall when all these transfers start showing up different places.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Giguere's Fiance lives 80 miles from Duluth according to the Watertown NY Paper. So you can guess where she may end up.

The fact that Bernard decided to head to OSU really puts the knights in a bind. According to a post on the Clarkson Roundtable, she is from Ohio and was home sick. Complicating factor was COVID lockdown and losing season. OSU makes sense for her. Best of luck to her
          Do you have a link to said post from the Watertown Paper?

Comment

Originally posted by TitleIXHockey View Post

Do you have a link to said post from the Watertown Paper?

College women’s hockey: Clarkson’s Giguere in transfer portal, could leave program

Comment

The article says the boyfriend is 80 miles away, on the Minn-Wis border, etc.

Ok...

It is maybe 150 miles between Duluth and Minneapolis. The article doesn't mention a specific town, but 'on the Minnesota-Wisconsin border' pretty much has to be south, towards the Cities. So if Duluth is closer, it's gotta be by a matter of five or ten miles...

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post

I heard again from someone pretty plugged in here in MN that OSU has told all freshman that ALL scholly $$$ from this years Freshman class has a been taken away to make $$$ available for transfers that are better players than them. You would be nuts imo to be committed to them as a HS kid knowing that sort of stuff is happening. Should be an interesting off-season and fall when all these transfers start showing up different places.
                Interesting to consider that...

The Muzzinator gonna muzzinate.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

This is going to be a wild offseason. I feel bad for the freshmen who are going to get screwed. From what I've heard BC is not targeting any transfers at all and is honoring all freshman schollies. We were lucky, though, that we only had two seniors. One is returning for a 5th year and one has a job lined up.

I also read that more than 15% of all men's players are currently in the portal. Guessing women's probably isn't far off. Last I heard there were 3 Wisconsin players in the portal, 5 Clarkson players, 7 (!) BU players... Unless you're a Giguere, there's just no way you're going to find a landing spot.
                  Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 04-04-2021, 10:41 AM.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Also I'm hearing Corinne Schroeder is going to QU.

Comment

Only thing I've heard about with UVM is that Val Caldwell has grad-transferred to Lindenwood
                      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Should have said "According to a Speculative post on the Clarkson Roundtable"

Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          This is going to be a wild offseason. I feel bad for the freshmen who are going to get screwed. From what I've heard BC is not targeting any transfers at all and is honoring all freshman schollies. We were lucky, though, that we only had two seniors. One is returning for a 5th year and one has a job lined up.

I also read that more than 15% of all men's players are currently in the portal. Guessing women's probably isn't far off. Last I heard there were 3 Wisconsin players in the portal, 5 Clarkson players, 7 (!) BU players... Unless you're a Giguere, there's just no way you're going to find a landing spot.
                          Are you saying 5 Clarkson Women are in the portal or a combination of men and women?
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

Greig to Colgate. Lauren Bernard from Clarkson to OSU. OSU is loading up. They must have a lot of space or don’t mind just cutting people.
                            Here's my question as I haven't had time to research it personally. If the seniors can return for next season to play if they want and the coach still wants them has the NCAA waived the roster limits or do the incoming freshmen get told to wait a year before coming in? Add the transfer portal players who a coach can't resist to grab and it looks like a slow motion train wreck to me.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

The article says the boyfriend is 80 miles away, on the Minn-Wis border, etc.

Ok...

It is maybe 150 miles between Duluth and Minneapolis. The article doesn't mention a specific town, but 'on the Minnesota-Wisconsin border' pretty much has to be south, towards the Cities. So if Duluth is closer, it's gotta be by a matter of five or ten miles...
                              the article says fiancee and makes no mention of a boyfriend.

Giguere [sic], who turns 24 on May 8, has been engaged since last season and her fiancee [sic] lives near the Minnesota/Wisconsin border, so entering the transfer portal could be a way for her to play her final season closer to where she lives.
                              Last edited by TitleIXHockey; 04-04-2021, 11:18 PM. Reason: Added quote. Really need to allow non-english characters here.....

Comment

Are you saying 5 Clarkson Women are in the portal or a combination of men and women?
                                From what I was told it is 5 Clarkson women in the portal

Comment

Working...
                                X