Transfer Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Season

Its transfer season so a new topic apart from whether its a good thing or not seems appropriate. Post any info.

Thirdhand scuttlebutt that THE osu is picking up a big transfer from a bottom WCHA team. PGB will be happy if this happens.
    Last edited by Rightnut; 03-23-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
      Thirdhand scuttlebutt that THE osu is picking up a big transfer from a bottom WCHA team. PGB will be happy if this happens.
      Yes, I heard that as well, also heard that one of OSU seniors is not returning for an extra year.

Comment

Should Wisconsin have its own Transfer thread? Discuss.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Possibly. Rumor is there will be departures.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            LOL, which brings up the question, why no "Recruiter of the Year" award? We have the Patty Kaz, and awards for best Goaltender and best Coach. Why not best Recruiter? <wink>
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Possibly. Rumor is there will be departures.
              If all the Sr's come back and with 3 Fr forwards coming in, certainly there is a issue where one may have thought their chance was coming and now they could get pushed back with the retainage of F's and lose opportunity to the new F's. But I think this just isn't a WI issue, all the top teams are in the same boat. WI could lose a few players to the Olympics, which could help the issue a bit though temporarily. Plus you already have 2 Natty rings, why not go somewhere where you can play more? You've accomplished a lofty goal already. Of course you are giving up a degree from one of the best U's in the country, so that is a negative. I think the transfer portal's server is going to crash this spring/summer.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Folks Wisconsin and Minnesota are on the you pay for two, we pay for two plan. Perhaps the seniors and of course their parents finally realize that there is no lucrative women's hockey after college and why accumulate more debt could be the easy answer as to why some players won't stay.

The smart school is a school that didn't sign anyone in November and held those scholarships open. I wonder if any program out there rolled the dice?

Comment

Yes, Clair Degeorge (BSU) did announce her transfer to OSU to pursue more advanced nursing classes and hockey.

Comment

Here's her '20-'21 stats.

https://cdn.streamlinehosting.net/bs...7E/plyr_26.htm

Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-24-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by livingintheglorydays123 View Post
                      Yes, Clair Degeorge (BSU) did announce her transfer to OSU to pursue more advanced nursing classes and hockey.
                      Wow, that is a huge pickup. The puck was seemingly always on her stick when I watched the BSU series. She made things happen, but she was kinda doing it by herself.

Comment

I think we've obviously learned the transfer portal brings a whole new element beyond traditional recruiting during the offseason and even DURING the season.
                        Right, Timothy A? (Wink!)

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          I think we've obviously learned the transfer portal brings a whole new element beyond traditional recruiting during the offseason and even DURING the season. Right, Timothy A? (Wink!)
                          During the season? Are you referring to Eden?

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                            Folks Wisconsin and Minnesota are on the you pay for two, we pay for two plan. Perhaps the seniors and of course their parents finally realize that there is no lucrative women's hockey after college and why accumulate more debt could be the easy answer as to why some players won't stay.

The smart school is a school that didn't sign anyone in November and held those scholarships open. I wonder if any program out there rolled the dice?
                            I have heard of some schools who touted their recruits holding them off on NLI's until this week. I guess that makes them smart? But it also kind of sucks?
                            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

During the season? Are you referring to Eden?
                              You’re brilliant

Comment

Working...
                              X