2021 Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award

For anybody else wondering about this strange season and whether there was even going to be an award handed out, evidently there is. I axed USA Hockey and got the following somewhat generic response:

Thank you for reaching out about this year’s Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award Ceremony. Unfortunately, we are hosting the award ceremony virtually this year, similar to how it was last year, and the exact date for that will be announced in the next couple of weeks.

We appreciate your support of the event and hope to be back celebrating women’s hockey and this prestigious award in 2022, and hope to see you there!

Please let me know if you have follow up questions. Have a great rest of the weekend,

Madison Brown | Manager, Events
    1775 Bob Johnson Drive | Colorado Springs, CO 80906
    T (719) 538-1167 | madisonb@usahockey.org

Y'all coulda just asked me! haha
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

So whose going "beat" out Watts this year?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        So whose going "beat" out Watts this year?
        The list is relatively short. The potentials would appear to be Mueller (NE) Shirley (WIS) Zanon (PSU) Giguere (CLA).

Comment

Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post

The list is relatively short. The potentials would appear to be Mueller (NE) Shirley (WIS) Zanon (PSU) Giguere (CLA).
          I do not think Giguere will be on the list for this year. Still the leading scorer on Clarkson in points but her goal scoring is down from last year. Lonergan is having a terrific season scoring goals (Just ask Colgate).
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post

I do not think Giguere will be on the list for this year. Still the leading scorer on Clarkson in points but her goal scoring is down from last year. Lonergan is having a terrific season scoring goals (Just ask Colgate).
            Good input. I'm sure there will be a goaltender or two on the list as well.

Comment

Sure, let's automatically disregard the 2nd highest scoring player in the land. Leads the country in goals and is 3rd in assists, tied for 2nd in GWG's. Plays on the PP and PK. Yes I will die on this hill again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post

Agreed. Giguere racks up her points against the LIU and SLU’s of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Sure, let's automatically disregard the 2nd highest scoring player in the land. Leads the country in goals and is 3rd in assists, tied for 2nd in GWG's. Plays on the PP and PK. Yes I will die on this hill again this year.
                  Didn't you start the discussion by asking who could beat out Watts? So how is she getting disregarded when she was the first person mentioned? Back away from the thinner.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Frankel is currently putting up statistically the best goaltending season in the history of women's hockey, soooo I think she will be a factor. NCAA single-season record for save percentage is .960, (Frankel is at .973), and goals-against average is 0.76 (Frankel is at 0.60). Both on pace to shatter the records. She's also roughly on pace to match ARD's crazy pace of more than half of her games being shutouts.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Frankel is currently putting up statistically the best goaltending season in the history of women's hockey, soooo I think she will be a factor. NCAA single-season record for save percentage is .960, (Frankel is at .973), and goals-against average is 0.76 (Frankel is at 0.60). Both on pace to shatter the records. She's also roughly on pace to match ARD's crazy pace of more than half of her games being shutouts.
                      Competition level?

Comment

You think the Patty will go to a goalie now that there's a goalie-specific award?
                        It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                          You think the Patty will go to a goalie now that there's a goalie-specific award?
                          If she puts up literally the best season in the history of goaltending I think she should be in the discussion haha

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

If she puts up literally the best season in the history of goaltending I think she should be in the discussion haha
                            As a former goalie coach there’s a lot more to goalie than numbers
                            1. How good is rebound control
                            2. game situation how many games with shots over 30 (Cornell last year had the best defensemen in the game goalie put up outstanding numbers hardly any shots
                            3 how well do they execute RvH
                            4. the y theory
                            5. Positioning

I would argue the goalie that played against us this last weekend in the ECAC is one of the best i seen in the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                              Sure, why not? The goalie specific award is NOT the Patty. There's only 1 award that is recognized across the board and that is the PK. I had no idea there was even a goalie specific award! Is there one for D? They are continually ignored on the PK front.

Comment

Working...
                              X