D-I NCAA Tournament Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    ”Pandemic forcing women’s hockey NCAA Division I national tournament to potentially be played in Erie, Pa.”

Strange headline, lol. Are they saying multiple sports tourneys might all be played in Erie? Hockey was going to be there all along and some of us like Erie haha! I’m sad because I’ve been looking forward to attending this for years but won’t go afterall this year because of COVID. But that’s pandemic life of course. Hope the tourney can happen, even if without fans. Next year I will road trip to Penn State!

edit: guess I should read closer. I understand now, 8 teams in one location.
    Your first reaction is nevertheless correct. That's one awkward & misleading headline.

The actual news is that the Quarterfinals have been tentatively moved to Erie. The FF was "to potentially be played in Erie" back when the application to host was filed.

To err is human. But the headline writer was working a bit too quickly in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Ouch! What a burn! Come on Grant, let's see a snappy comeback.
      Haha honestly I can't find the lie.

I don't think this year would have less meaning if BC won it all this year. It would be special in its own way, in the sense that the players will have had to go through a whole lot to have earned it. It would be different, but not less good. Also, as a BC fan, beggars can't be choosers.

PS This forum is still maddening to navigate, seriously.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Totally agree. And why is it so s...l...o...w? Brings me back to the dial up modem days.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Totally agree. And why is it so s...l...o...w? Brings me back to the dial up modem days.
          Traditionally, the forum would get slow around tourney time, but that was because there was a lot more traffic/interest. I wouldn't think that would be the case now. But it might be possible that because there has been reduced activity this year, hits are down, advertising revenue is down, so maybe the owners have opted for a reduced level of service. I don't know, but it seems like it is a possibility.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I don't think this year would have less meaning if BC won it all this year. It would be special in its own way, in the sense that the players will have had to go through a whole lot to have earned it. It would be different, but not less good. Also, as a BC fan, beggars can't be choosers.

Nice to see you post on here...

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Traditionally, the forum would get slow around tourney time, but that was because there was a lot more traffic/interest. I wouldn't think that would be the case now. But it might be possible that because there has been reduced activity this year, hits are down, advertising revenue is down, so maybe the owners have opted for a reduced level of service. I don't know, but it seems like it is a possibility.
              The thing that's driving me the craziest is that it takes two clicks to open any link. Like what the hell?

That and there's no way for it to just take you to your last viewed post within a thread.
              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-08-2021, 07:17 PM.

Comment

The thing that's driving me the craziest is that it takes two clicks to open any link. Like what the hell?

That and there's no way for it to just take you to your last viewed post within a thread.
                Once a topic thread is open, under the 'title' and right next to the "Post" button, there is a "Latest Activity" button (not well differentiated, as may be easy to miss) which will cause the whole comment thread to reload with 'latest' the first comment listed. (In case that's what you mean, and are not seeing it.)

But then, no, no 'last viewed' indication of any kind; you just have to remember from your last time reading.

Comment

Well Said Grant! The welcome distraction of watching women's hockey has been awesome. All the Players and Programs and schools have made significant sacrifices and investments to let the girls play. With that being said it does not diminish the significance or effort it has taken for players and programs to function in this far from perfect world we live in. Great to have you back even under less than ideal forum conditions and functionality. How are those BC girls doing? I miss the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeynation View Post

Well Said Grant! The welcome distraction of watching women's hockey has been awesome. All the Players and Programs and schools have made significant sacrifices and investments to let the girls play. With that being said it does not diminish the significance or effort it has taken for players and programs to function in this far from perfect world we live in. Great to have you back even under less than ideal forum conditions and functionality. How are those BC girls doing? I miss the updates.
                    They're having a good year! Next year seems to be the next real shot at being a contender, but they are playing well enough to make noise and already know they can beat NU (although the Huskies are playing all-world right now). So, hey, who knows!

Comment

Hey, I just had a thought that is a "silver lining" to an eight-team COVID bubble all played in Erie:

No having to fret about who travels where, and how they'll mess with the Pairwise pairs to achieve it! They can leave the pairings alone, or make switches to avoid rematches or set up east-vs-west if they choose.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        Hey, I just had a thought that is a "silver lining" to an eight-team COVID bubble all played in Erie:

No having to fret about who travels where, and how they'll mess with the Pairwise pairs to achieve it! They can leave the pairings alone, or make switches to avoid rematches or set up east-vs-west if they choose.
                        Anyone have any knowledge as to whether Erie will allow fans?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

YUP that's gonna be exciting

Comment

Working...
                          X