D-I NCAA Tournament Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-I NCAA Tournament Plans

This article includes the NCAA's plans for a women's hockey tournament for D-I:
    https://www.ncaa.com/news/volleyball...-location-each

Whoops! I guess the women's front page already has this. My bad:
    https://www.uscho.com/2021/02/04/pan...ed-in-erie-pa/
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

I'm glad Mercyhurst isn't getting shafted out of their turn to host the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
      I'm glad Mercyhurst isn't getting shafted out of their turn to host the tournament.
      Although if they host but fans can't attend, it isn't quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Although if they host but fans can't attend, it isn't quite the same.
        I wonder if that will be a consideration in deciding future hosts for the tournament. For as long as a school has to wait for the opportunity, it seems fair to give Mercyhurst another shot at the full experience. Penn State's turn is next year, and I'd hate to see them have to host with cardboard fan cutouts in the seats.

Comment

Great News, that they actually being proactive and attempting to have one this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeynation View Post

Great News, that they actually being proactive and attempting to have one this year!
            Hope the best 8 teams all stay healthy so there are no forfeits!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

This following info is also available on the Front Page. But in the spirit of having all Post-Season Tournament Info on this thread:

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Hope the best 8 teams all stay healthy so there are no forfeits!
                Yes they are having a tournament, but to me it's less meaningful since not all the teams are not even playing and the schedules are so wackily uneven. It's just not the meaningful marathon that it usually is. Just imagine if the wcha teams get hit with covid and they can't play in the ncaa's. How meaningful would the ncaa title be without those teams in the tourney?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Just imagine if the wcha teams get hit with covid and they can't play in the ncaa's. How meaningful would the ncaa title be without those teams in the tourney?
                  Now that you mention it, that might be good idea, if it would give BC a chance to finally win. Maybe Grant could come in off of the ledge; it must be getting awfully cold out there.

Comment

Now that you mention it, that might be good idea, if it would give BC a chance to finally win. Maybe Grant could come in off of the ledge; it must be getting awfully cold out there.
                    I saw Timothy's post and immediately thought of bc (just like you)...

Although...It would be so bc if even given the scenario of WCHA teams not being there, they might still find a way to lose.
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-05-2021, 01:50 PM.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

”Pandemic forcing women’s hockey NCAA Division I national tournament to potentially be played in Erie, Pa.”

Strange headline, lol. Are they saying multiple sports tourneys might all be played in Erie? Hockey was going to be there all along and some of us like Erie haha! I’m sad because I’ve been looking forward to attending this for years but won’t go afterall this year because of COVID. But that’s pandemic life of course. Hope the tourney can happen, even if without fans. Next year I will road trip to Penn State!

edit: guess I should read closer. I understand now, 8 teams in one location.
                      Last edited by Lindsay; 02-05-2021, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

I saw Timothy's post and immediately thought of bc (just like you)...

Although...It would be so bc if even given the scenario of WCHA teams not being there, they might still find a way to lose.
                        Ouch! What a burn! Come on Grant, let's see a snappy comeback.

Comment

When I wrote that, the very thought you typed was right there in my head hoping someone would hit the belt high fastball out of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Ouch! What a burn! Come on Grant, let's see a snappy comeback.
                            That was the idea but I think he hates the current forum update with the heat of a thousand suns so not likely I'm going to get a response from him.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              That was the idea but I think he hates the current forum update with the heat of a thousand suns so not likely I'm going to get a response from him.
                              So were down to 16 now? I will tweet at him and ask him to come back and at least comment.

I think a more fitting ending to BC's season would be losing to the CHA champ in the title game. Should it be in triple OT or a 7-1 drubbing?

Comment

Working...
                              X