Minnesota State 2019-2020 Charging Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agfire View Post
    UW has practiced much more than most think. I don't think lack of play can be an excuse. Last year MSU beat them and in other games played them tight.
    MJ said they had 3 practices before the series after the layoff. I don't think it, I'm saying what MJ said. Shrugs shoulders.

Last year's MSU win was 100% on the UW goalie who was a back-up since Soup was injured.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

MJ said they had 3 practices before the series after the layoff. I don't think it, I'm saying what MJ said. Shrugs shoulders.
      They were forced to cancel the Minn series (and subsequent series) on Dec 1st or so. The Big Ten requires a 21 day period of "non-participation" for athletes diagnosed with COVID. Throw in maybe a "second round" of infections making its way through the roster, factor in Christmas, etc., and I have no trouble AT ALL believing they only managed a couple days of practice.

Comment

Last year's MSU win was 100% on the UW goalie who was a back-up since Soup was injured.
        In a team sport, it isn't 100% one particular players fault. Credit to MSU for taking advantage of some mistakes made by the BADgers to put pucks in the net.
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          In a team sport, it isn't 100% one particular players fault. Credit to MSU for taking advantage of some mistakes made by the BADgers to put pucks in the net.
          OK, 97.2848%. I recall 2 of the shots were totally stoppable, like every goalie in D1 would have stopped those shots. Yes, UW should have scored more than 1 and I give MSU credit for only allowing 1 goal.

Comment

Agree on the team sport. I really hope they go with the same lines going into Bemidji. That first line did a fantastic job vs. Wisco 1st line.

Comment

OK, 97.2848%. I recall 2 of the shots were totally stoppable, like every goalie in D1 would have stopped those shots.
              Then that would be on the coaches. If every other goalie in D-I can stop those shots, but the UW coaching staff didn't recruit anyone able to stop them, then it's a good thing that your transfer goaltender didn't suffer a season-ending injury in the first game of the season, or you would have to spend all of your time making excuses. ;-)
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Then that would be on the coaches. If every other goalie in D-I can stop those shots, but the UW coaching staff didn't recruit anyone able to stop them, then it's a good thing that your transfer goaltender didn't suffer a season-ending injury in the first game of the season, or you would have to spend all of your time making excuses. ;-)
                The goalie spot @ UW has been a bit of a trainwreck the last few years that MJ has skillfully and possibly a little luckily navigated through. Cece was the heir apparent to ARD, then Blesi bails on OSU for UW and throws a wrench in that idea, then Soup shows up and beats them both out, then Cece end up off the team and Blesi was decent when Soup was hurt until the Mankato meltdown, then this year Blair comes in an beats Blesi out. Kronish is a bit of a non-factor at this point and Gervais is a complete unknown.

Comment

The goalie spot @ UW has been a bit of a trainwreck the last few years that MJ has skillfully and possibly a little luckily navigated through.
                  To be fair, Minnesota has also been bailed out by a couple of G transfers, although at least they have a career-ending injury that contributed to the predicament, and the backup goalies can spell "D-I".

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    at least they have a career-ending injury that contributed to the predicament, and the backup goalies can spell "D-I".
                    Good to know...Spelling might even be part of their pregame routine.

Comment

Good to know...Spelling might even be part of their pregame routine.
                      You rodent fans dissing my roman numeral I? LOL

Comment

You rodent fans dissing my roman numeral I? LOL
                        No. I just meant that while they may not be franchise goalies, I can live with them getting the occasional start.

Comment

Mankato gets another win over Bemiji 1-0 in 3 on 3 overtime. Probably should have been a interference penalty that led to the Mankato goal but not to be.

Comment

Mankato gets another win over Bemiji 1-0 in 3 on 3 overtime. Probably should have been a interference penalty that led to the Mankato goal but not to be.
                            Probably? Or you could have called it checking, or roughing or playing like a boy, that MSU player crushed that Beaver harder than a hungry musky crushing a beaver during a major before a thunderstorm.

Comment

Probably? Or you could have called it checking, or roughing or playing like a boy, that MSU player crushed that Beaver harder than a hungry musky crushing a beaver during a major before a thunderstorm.
                              Meh...seems like your working very hard to sell this. Interesting to watch but at least the video feed from Mansucko (with announcers) is legitimately good.

Comment

SCSU shuts out Mankato 4-0...Not a good look for the Landcows.

Power play issues of their own and gave up two PP goals to SCSU. But the video feed was high quality so there is that...

Comment

Working...
                                X