Minnesota Girls High School Hockey 2020-21 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Girls High School Hockey 2020-21 Season

Games are finally starting up in Minnesota at the high school level. Once again Andover and Edina are the favorites to go all the way, but upsets are always possible. In the meantime here's the annual All-Metro Dream Team and other "players to watch" as selected by the Star Tribune.

Future Ivy Leaguers, Gopher set the tone for Star Tribune preseason all-metro dream team
    https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/new...e/show/1140488

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

One player that is intriguing to me because of bloodlines and ties to the Gophers is Mercury Bischoff. 31 point as a 7th grader last year and starts off this year with 3 points (2g, 1a) for Grand Rapids/Greenway vs Duluth Marshall.

Also noticed that Breck lost to Chisago Lakes last night 3-2. Kinda surprised by that score.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-15-2021, 09:02 AM.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Also noticed that Breck lost to Chisago Lakes last night 3-2. Kinda surprised by that score.
      Breck graduated a number of forwards, including Mobley and Qualley. They also had an 8th grader named Hannah Halverson who skated with the Lindsays and seemed like a nice player; she doesn't seem to be on the roster any longer. Maybe she went back to the Edina system?
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        Breck graduated a number of forwards, including Mobley and Qualley. They also had an 8th grader named Hannah Halverson who skated with the Lindsays and seemed like a nice player; she doesn't seem to be on the roster any longer. Maybe she went back to the Edina system?
        No maybe about it...Halverson is back on Edina's roster.

Another name that caught my attention in perusing the box score of the Minnetonka/Chaska-Chanhassen matchup was Lauren Goldsworthy. She is the daughter of Sean Goldsworthy, who is the head coach of the Minnetonka boys hockey team. He is also the son of Bill Goldsworthy who many years ago played for the Minnesota North Stars.
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-15-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

All three Chisago Lakes goals were scored by senior Jenna Lawry, who is a UMD recruit.

Comment

Another name that caught my attention in perusing the box score of the Minnetonka/Chaska-Chanhassen matchup was Lauren Goldsworthy. She is the daughter of Sean Goldsworthy, who is the head coach of the Minnetonka boys hockey team. He is also the son of Bill Goldsworthy who many years ago played for the Minnesota North Stars.
            So does Lauren do the Goldy Shuffle when she scores?

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              So does Lauren do the Goldy Shuffle when she scores?
              I sure hope so...

Comment

Edina had a matchup with Eden Prairie today...You would think that would be a pretty good matchup...You would be wrong as it wound up 9-0 for Edina.

Comment

Edina is 5-0 so far this season. They have outscored their opponents 37-3.

Not to be outdone, Andover is also 5-0 and they have outscored their opponents 48-1

Mercury Bischoff, as an 8th grader, leads the state in scoring with 25 pts (14g and 11a) in 6 games.

Comment

Mercury Bischoff, as an 8th grader, leads the state in scoring with 25 pts (14g and 11a) in 6 games.
                    Hopefully her father's first name is Grant. He was a star for the Gophers back in the late 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Hopefully her father's first name is Grant.
                      I'm thinking that is the case but it might be a question for Iceburg over on GPL.

Comment

Wow. I love that name, me being a Ford car aficionado. My first car was a 68 Mercury Montclair in a lovely mint color. I wanted to name one of our son's Ford, but no dice with the ol' ball and chain. Once she vetoed that, I was hoping for Lincoln, but no dice and obviously Mercury was then out of the question, though with having 3 kids I could have pulled it off. Hopefully MJ gets her in the fold, those numbers are just ridiculous.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Wow. I love that name, me being a Ford car aficionado. My first car was a 68 Mercury Montclair in a lovely mint color. I wanted to name one of our son's Ford, but no dice with the ol' ball and chain. Once she vetoed that, I was hoping for Lincoln, but no dice and obviously Mercury was then out of the question, though with having 3 kids I could have pulled it off. Hopefully MJ gets her in the fold, those numbers are just ridiculous.
                          Long ways off on getting someone in the fold so to speak. Sometimes the competition outside of the metro area isn't that great so the stats can be inflated. Would like a chance, at some point, to see her game in person.

Comment

As mentioned in the transfer thread the Edina/BSM girls high school hockey was streamed live for free tonight. Great game as Edina was down after 2 periods 1-0 and Emma Conner scored 2 goals in the third period to come from behind and win 2-1. Benilde is a very good team but is in the same section as Edina so their road to get to the State tournament is going to be difficult.

Comment

Long ways off on getting someone in the fold so to speak. Sometimes the competition outside of the metro area isn't that great so the stats can be inflated. Would like a chance, at some point, to see her game in person.
                              Came across this excellent article about the "merger" of two families with hockey playing kids. But no mention of "Mercury" Bischoff, so she must be related, but not directly in, either of these families which "blended" after two parents tragically died way too young.

https://www.therinklive.com/big-10/u...m2TWBY.twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X