Colgate 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
    Can I ask where you found the 2 recruits? Is there a D-I list somewhere?
    We are getting heavy in upperclassmen, could make it challenging when it comes time to replace them with young, incoming classes
    https://www.collegecommitments.com/C...x?x7cq9=FEMALE

Comment

• That's the spot. upper right choice for men or women. Usually bottom of the page has conferences and teams by class but women on the fritz this year although men still working. Now for women just choose college up top and you'll see everyone by class. A lot of top D talent to go with the forwards...

Comment

• I agree Golintz looks very strong...

Comment

• Thx RN...that's unreal...15 recruits, sophomores and juniors already committing to 'Gate, all so unheard of for the #$^@! men's team!
          Hardly any stats, but Kaitlyn Chan, 5'1", 37pts...what a pistol!
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Thx RN...that's unreal...15 recruits, sophomores and juniors already committing to 'Gate, all so unheard of for the #$^@! men's team!
            Hardly any stats, but Kaitlyn Chan, 5'1", 37pts...what a pistol!
            I got your back

Comment

• Colgate stepped up with a big win. Controlled the game. Not as close as the score. Need one more against a very hot SLU team.

Comment

• We scored first, something we rarely do. It makes a big difference. Gritty win against a stingy team. SLU goalie is also very tough. Not sorry to see Clarkson's reign end, not one bit! Goodbye, Gugiere! What a thorn!
                Score first and stay out of the box, a good recipe for a TITLE!
                What is up with the damn Pairwise?
                Go 'Gate!
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• ECAC Title Day is here! Good luck, Colgate!
                  ’Gate 10-1-1 when scoring first
                  ’Gate 4-5 when not scoring first; also their record over last 9 games
                  ’Gate 9-0 when leading after 2
                  Saints on 4 game win streak vs a common nemesis, Clarkson!
                  And all that means nothing bc it’s playoff hockey lol!
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• 3-2 win means something!

Comment

• Congrats to Gate. Well deserved champion.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Great game which showed the strengths of this team. Relentless offensive pressure and grit and the ability for many players to score. One big boo boo but heh, we're not perfect. Now on to play UMD who lost big to OSU yesterday but is very, very solid. One of few teams to beat Wisc this year.
                        Interesting factoid, the Bulldogs are coached by Maura Crowell, Colgate hockey player and Class of 2001 alum. A former Harvard Asst coach she's now also USA Hockey's head coach for U18 women. You think she knows some of our players?
                        Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-07-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• ECAC Champions, Congrats to ‘Gate! Could not be happier for them. A bittersweet season with only 4 league teams playing. IMO the league was very competitive and their records are not necessarily indicative of that.

Was wondering if Sammy’s last goal deflected off a skate...

‘Gate came out a little flat; poor defense, couldn’t pass or clear the zone or get any shots! Glad they got their mojo! Osborne played a much better game. Credit to SLU, a team that consistently gets outshot yet finds ways to win or keep it close.

Colgate still struggles scoring 5x5. That ppg was a lifesaver. Serdachny without a point, hope she turns that back around!

A lot of slack about our league and repetitive schedule and teams like PSU getting bumped from the tournament, but their conference was weak and it’s all about strength of schedule IMO. Clarkson has been a national contender for the last 5-7 years; tell me you want to play them 10x!!!
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

A lot of slack about our league and repetitive schedule and teams like PSU getting bumped from the tournament, but their conference was weak and it’s all about strength of schedule IMO. Clarkson has been a national contender for the last 5-7 years; tell me you want to play them 10x!!!
                            Can't agree on SOS. Compare MN & UMD on SOS; see if your opinion changes.

From the outside looking in, it appears that PSU was penalized as you suggest, yet UMD got a free pass on this factor. The inconsistency is very unfortunate.

Congrats on your playoff title, of course. But I have to point out that it's the playoff title that got you into the NCAA tournament. Perhaps respect for ECAC strength gave Colgate its #4 seed. But otherwise I don't see it.

Comment

• You're entitled to your opinion. In 2018 it was the same thing and all midwest team alums made the the same arguments about Gate and Clarkson. Oh well...

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                                Congrats on your playoff title, of course. But I have to point out that it's the playoff title that got you into the NCAA tournament. Perhaps respect for ECAC strength gave Colgate its #4 seed. But otherwise I don't see it.
                                Disagree; Colgate has been #1/2 PWR all year, ranked #5/6 all year. They would have received an at-large over Providence IMO. I think you’re underestimating the records of the other 3 ECAC teams. Had you seen them play against each other as often as I have, the talent is there. Hard to speculate.
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Working...
                                X