Colgate 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hockeynation View Post
    Just excited to see the puck drop for the first NCAA game of the year. Very solid first game for Colgate. The freshman class looks great. Very aggressive group with talent. Serdachny with a strong performance with a couple of snipes. Bard, O'Donahue, Smigliani & co all looked puck hungry ready to compete. Excited to see freshmen Defenders Simpson and McEcheran really look solid as well. The returners Schneider, Larose, Demers were dangerous at times. Will be interesting to see how this team competes against the established super powers this season. Starting with Minnesota next week? Any thoughts how that's going to go?
    Colgate just graduated a very underrated goalie and how the newer goalies perform will have a lot to do with how Colgate performs this year.

Comment

Re: Colgate 2019-2020

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
      Colgate just graduated a very underrated goalie and how the newer goalies perform will have a lot to do with how Colgate performs this year.
      I think your 100 percent correct. Colgate & any successful team needs rock solid goaltending to succeed at any level. Hopefully the tenders can step up!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeynation View Post
        I think your 100 percent correct. Colgate & any successful team needs rock solid goaltending to succeed at any level. Hopefully the tenders can step up!
        Fargo's playing style, which btw I am a huge fan of, has the D constantly jumping into plays, but it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on their goalie. Last year's goalie played almost all the games and obviously handled it well the last two if not three years. I am not really familiar with the girls who are stepping up to the challenge this year at the goalie position. Other positions will surprise to the upside.

Comment

Fargo's playing style, which btw I am a huge fan of, has the D constantly jumping into plays, but it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on their goalie. Last year's goalie played almost all the games and obviously handled it well the last two if not three years. I am not really familiar with the girls who are stepping up to the challenge this year at the goalie position. Other positions will surprise to the upside.

Auby will get the lion’s share of games. She is 14-1-1 with 6 shutouts in her career which should give Colgate comfort that she can handle the starting role.

Comment

Good game tonight considering the competition. Good for the girls to see what's ahead early in the season and to play at the speed and against the puck controlling offenses they will find at the top. Auby was great and kept them in the game, but there were some very good moments. Nobody seemed out of place. We really have to focus tomorrow and bring it which coach will focus on I am sure. All in all a great experience for the freshman class and team as a whole...

Comment

Lappan - top tier scorers in the pwhl almost always translate. Smigliani played with Gates and was considered as good and they played together a number of years but Smigliani had the same birth year but different years school wise.
              Bard spent a year in the pwhl after playing for the bk selects as a junior. Has shown moxy and playmaking.

But, Fargo tells the girls all the same things, that he will build the program around you. Just ask Hoppner, who left and was MVP of the CHA tournament last year.

They picked up a nice transfer too.
              Smigliani makes the Ice Breaker tournament team as a frosh.

Comment

6-5-1 at the 1/3 mark. Losing to Clarkson 2-1 when getting a sh from Gates is tough to take.

Comment

Just watched the Ohio State game. I'm a believer longer term but right now although we can skate fairly evenly with the ECAC we simply cannot handle the top teams from the West. Minnesota kicked our butts early and now OSU does the same. The statistics don't tell the story as they appear to make it seem close but they were faster and had forwards who could score. For some reason we are in a major scoring drought notwithstanding a lot of talent on paper. Add to that the fact our Power Play is embarrassing. Remember when we had Eldridge and Zafuto the last 3 years and PP goals were givens. I'm hoping that the girls are simply not strong enough yet and when they are both the speed and puck control down low will get better. Right now nobody can take it to goal through traffic and we use way to many dump ins entering the zone. Please someone skate directly on goal and let your trailer get the rebound if there is one. All in all a good team but we will not be playing for any real hardware this year unless something changes soon. I will be very interested to see how Cornell and Princeton do vs OSU. If the play them even or better we are even further behind...

Comment

Score ??
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      Score ??
                      http://www.collegehockeystats.net/19...s/wclgosu1.n22
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                        Just watched the Ohio State game. I'm a believer longer term but right now although we can skate fairly evenly with the ECAC we simply cannot handle the top teams from the West. Minnesota kicked our butts early and now OSU does the same. The statistics don't tell the story as they appear to make it seem close but they were faster and had forwards who could score. For some reason we are in a major scoring drought notwithstanding a lot of talent on paper. Add to that the fact our Power Play is embarrassing. Remember when we had Eldridge and Zafuto the last 3 years and PP goals were givens. I'm hoping that the girls are simply not strong enough yet and when they are both the speed and puck control down low will get better. Right now nobody can take it to goal through traffic and we use way to many dump ins entering the zone. Please someone skate directly on goal and let your trailer get the rebound if there is one. All in all a good team but we will not be playing for any real hardware this year unless something changes soon. I will be very interested to see how Cornell and Princeton do vs OSU. If the play them even or better we are even further behind...
                        Seven new players and one transfer is a lot to assimilate.

I thought the game would be closer. Another chance tomorrow.

Second game was closer. 1-1 tie. That's more in line with what I expected.
                        Last edited by Reddington; 11-23-2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Seven new players and one transfer is a lot to assimilate.

I thought the game would be closer. Another chance tomorrow.

Second game was closer. 1-1 tie. That's more in line with what I expected.
                          Gates Kirwan Ross out against Princeton?

Comment

Gates Kirwan Ross out against Princeton?
                            All injured. Played with 4 defensemen three of whom were freshman and one was a forward 3 weeks ago. Very close to taking that game. Young team that hasn’t quite gotten over the hump on beating the good teams that they play tough but once they do they will be very dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                              All injured. Played with 4 defensemen three of whom were freshman and one was a forward 3 weeks ago. Very close to taking that game. Young team that hasn’t quite gotten over the hump on beating the good teams that they play tough but once they do they will be very dangerous.
                              Did Bard switch?

Comment

Did Bard switch?
                                Yes. Ross our for season.

Comment

Working...
                                X