Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 Women?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • D3 Women?

    Did the D3 season get cancelled?
    UWS Ladyjackets

    NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

  • #2
    Yes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
      Yes.
      Where did you see this? Just talking last night that my daughter's season slated to start Jan. 15 (tentative schedule). Or, were you referring to a specific team/conference?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DDad16 View Post

        Where did you see this? Just talking last night that my daughter's season slated to start Jan. 15 (tentative schedule). Or, were you referring to a specific team/conference?
        Actually - I was probably overbroad. I don't know about all the D3 conferences. I know that the NESCAC and the SUNY schools. Not sure about the others. Sorry - didn't mean to alarm anyone.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

          Actually - I was probably overbroad. I don't know about all the D3 conferences. I know that the NESCAC and the SUNY schools. Not sure about the others. Sorry - didn't mean to alarm anyone.
          Haha! No worries. I see NEHC announced the cancellation of the season on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the western conferences (NCHA, MIAC and WIAC) are still planning on playing and I think the UCHC may be the only eastern conference not to have cancelled as of now.
            Scott Henkle
            SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

            Proud alumn of WQKE


            GO CARDS!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Just be clear, can't speak for the other NEHC schools, but I know Norwich is actively exploring trying to still play games against any other "local" teams that are willing to play and can play safely etc. IE: Castleton, St. Michael's, NEC, Plymouth etc.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

              Comment


              • #8
                With the vaccine supposedly available in the coming weeks, if the pandemic was under control by say mid-March, would the NCAA and conferences be open to something like a single elimination tournament featuring all 69 teams?

                I did a mock-up of what that might look like using the March 8 PWR rankings on ncaa.com as a guide but making adjustments for geography if anyone wants to engage in a pointless debate: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiuZNlbiGUr3geh3...RbPmg?e=2e9l2i (this is a link to a PDF on my OneDrive account)
                Scott Henkle
                SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

                Proud alumn of WQKE


                GO CARDS!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  With the vaccine supposedly available in the coming weeks, if the pandemic was under control by say mid-March, would the NCAA and conferences be open to something like a single elimination tournament featuring all 69 teams?

                  I did a mock-up of what that might look like using the March 8 PWR rankings on ncaa.com as a guide but making adjustments for geography if anyone wants to engage in a pointless debate: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiuZNlbiGUr3geh3...RbPmg?e=2e9l2i (this is a link to a PDF on my OneDrive account)
                  It’s definitely a fun thought but 50 percent of the D3 teams have already written off the season. I don’t see that changing, but I could be wrong.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Just be clear, can't speak for the other NEHC schools, but I know Norwich is actively exploring trying to still play games against any other "local" teams that are willing to play and can play safely etc. IE: Castleton, St. Michael's, NEC, Plymouth etc.
                    Exactly. The schools can still make the decision to try to have some type of a season. Adrian, Trine, and Concordia (WI) have already played some games.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      With the vaccine supposedly available in the coming weeks, if the pandemic was under control by say mid-March, would the NCAA and conferences be open to something like a single elimination tournament featuring all 69 teams?

                      I did a mock-up of what that might look like using the March 8 PWR rankings on ncaa.com as a guide but making adjustments for geography if anyone wants to engage in a pointless debate: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AiuZNlbiGUr3geh3...RbPmg?e=2e9l2i (this is a link to a PDF on my OneDrive account)
                      Certainly something like that would be possible among those teams that would choose to participate. That being said, it would require some action and waivers to D3 rules to actually get it to happen. The NCAAs is notable for its lack of flexibility for D3 matters. Since they are floating the idea of the entire Men's DI hoopathon to take place in a bubble, it could happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If the COVID guidelines are extended in Minnesota past December, you can write off the MIAC. St. Olaf already cancelled all their Winter sports.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Just be clear, can't speak for the other NEHC schools, but I know Norwich is actively exploring trying to still play games against any other "local" teams that are willing to play and can play safely etc. IE: Castleton, St. Michael's, NEC, Plymouth etc.
                          Expect to see some type of scheduling agreement in early January. Vermont’s governor is the strictest of the bunch. If they can convince him then they’ll have some type of season schedule including Plymouth, NEC and maybe even USM. If not it’ll be Norwich, St Mike’s and Castleton.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GTOWN View Post

                            Expect to see some type of scheduling agreement in early January. Vermont’s governor is the strictest of the bunch. If they can convince him then they’ll have some type of season schedule including Plymouth, NEC and maybe even USM. If not it’ll be Norwich, St Mike’s and Castleton.
                            Yeah, he's not the strictest. There was football played in Vermont this year. It, along with basketball, volleyball, and contact cheerleading are still banned in New York. Strictest governor? Comrad Cuomo would like you to hold his beer....
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

                            If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If anyone is interested in getting jerseys or shirseys of their favorite DIII alumnae in the NWHL, the Cyber Monday deal that applies is a free mask on orders over $50 with code CYBERYEY (add a $12 mask to your cart and enter the code at checkout).

                              DIII alumnae in the shop include:

                              Buffalo Beauts:
                              Caty Flagg - UMass Boston
                              Megan Delay - SUNY Plattsburgh
                              Emma Ruggiero - SUNY Buffalo State
                              Kelly O'Sullivan - Adrian
                              Kayla Meneghin - SUNY Plattsburgh
                              Kristin Lewicki - Adrian
                              Kelsey Neumann - SUNY Plattsburgh
                              Erin Gehen - SUNY Buffalo State (also a current Elmira assistant coach)

                              Connecticut Whale:
                              Kaycie Anderson - Norwich
                              Hannah Beattie - Williams
                              Amanda Conway - Norwich
                              Maddie Evangelous - Elmira
                              Elena Gualteri - Connecticut College
                              Nicole Guagliardo - Adrian
                              Laurel Hill - St. Norbert
                              Sarah Hughson - Elmira
                              Grace Kleinbach - Neumann
                              Jane Morrissette - UMass Boston
                              Sarah Schwenzfeier - Norwich
                              Brooke Wolejko - SUNY Plattsburgh

                              Some players have only a shirsey or jersey and some players have both available in the shop.
                              Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-30-2020, 08:59 PM.
                              Scott Henkle
                              SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

                              Proud alumn of WQKE


                              GO CARDS!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X