Minnesota Gopher Women's Hockey 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I get that the level of Good you expect out in the twin cities is high, though.
    That is true...Was thinking about that this morning. As Minnesota fans we really have been spoiled.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      As Minnesota fans we really have been spoiled.
      In so many seasons, you watch the Gophers, and when someone makes the wrong play, it is jarring. Especially watching from the suite/club level, you can see where the puck should go, and mostly, that's where the player on the ice, who doesn't have the luxury of that view, sends it. The pass/shot might not be accurate, but the player knows the right play.

This season? I've been jarred a lot.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• 1-6-1 in their last 8 games...Sure, you can attempt to rationalize that it is against Wisconsin and Ohio State who are very good teams but...Is that where this program is at now and if so how did it get to this point?

Most teams now go max in on an aggressive fore check against the Gophers...Why would they do that? Pretty simple. The risk is worth the reward since the Gopher D are not capable of handling that pressure and there is no cohesiveness with Minnesota's forward lines to counter-attack. Hard to counter attack when Minnesota's go to plays for most of their D's is to just chuck it off the glass to get it out of the zone or keep it along the rails where they too easily get bottled up. And too much "I will do it myself" from their forwards when they do actually get the puck out of their zone.

You have recruited what you have and I don't know if management can persuade this team, with it's makeup, to adopt a more defensive posture to help cover up their area's of weakness. I think most Gopher fans would like to see more consistent "effort" out of this squad at the very least.

Comment

• In a season for the Gophers that hasn't had much to be upbeat about, sometimes you just need a little pick-me-up wherever you can find it ...Talking about Mama Power and oh yeah...Don't mess with Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ESN...ature=emb_logo

Comment

• It will be extremely interesting to see how the team responds after a very disappointing series vs. Ohio State. Normally on such a trip to Bemidji I would be pretty optimistic that the Gophers would sweep, but for some reason, for this series, I'm just not feeling it.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• To date this season, the Gophers have been successful at sweeping lower-ranked teams in a very uninspiring fashion.

Comment

• This season has been one to forget. There are only a handful of Gopher supporters on the forum (Is the forum that bad? I guess so...). Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm even missing a certain poster telling me I don't know what I'm talking about...Heck, I can't even get a poster to want to meet me at the rink! I must be slipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  To date this season, the Gophers have been successful at sweeping lower-ranked teams in a very uninspiring fashion.
                  Hoping the Beavs approach this series as if these are the tournament games they’re being denied. An upset this weekend would be a great salve on a tough season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                    Hoping the Beavs approach this series as if these are the tournament games they’re being denied.
                    The WCHA definitely has a precedent for tournaments where only some of the teams qualified. As for motivation, BSU has always gotten up to play UM, and I doubt this will be an exception.

Bemidji's problem has been that it can't score. In the dozen games in 2021, it has never scored more than two goals, and only twice reached that total. Minnesota's problem is that teams don't have any difficulty scoring against the Gophers. It would appear that something will have to give ...

Comment

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm even missing a certain poster telling me I don't know what I'm talking about
                      I hope Pokechecker is ok. We can't afford to lose any posters no matter how crazy they are sometimes.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I hope Pokechecker is ok. We can't afford to lose any posters no matter how crazy they are sometimes.
                        I wasn't sure he he meant Pokechecker or Eeyore. But in the year of COVID, I hope both are doing OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Pokechecker...Geez I hadn't thought about him. Maybe he had a run-in with the neighbor that had the dog that was getting on his nerves?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I wasn't sure he he meant Pokechecker or Eeyore. But in the year of COVID, I hope both are doing OK.
                            The latter...

Agreed. Health wise, I hope they are doing good as well. Eeyore posted on the forum a while back so I think he is still lurking about. Just haven't seen a post from him in a while

Comment

The latter...

Agreed. Health wise, I hope they are doing good as well. Eeyore posted on the forum a while back so I think he is still lurking about. Just haven't seen a post from him in a while
                              Well, in his defense, there hasn't been a whole lot of good lately to talk about.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Meh...6-1 is the final score, Minnesota over BSU. That is more a reflection of some below average goaltending for BSU. Minnesota was moving their feet pretty good so that was good but they still found a way to give up the puck in their own zone in a spectacular way. Number 21 with quite the gift that number 26 for BSU couldn't put away.

Comment

Working...
                                X