No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gopher Women's Hockey 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like OSU's chances but I'm not making any predictions. We've split every time this season with Minnesota, Wisconsin & Duluth. Who wants it more and who will get the breaks and puck luck?

Comment

• Another game for Minnesota...and the same mistakes are being made...Outshot, outhustled and now down 1-0.

What a comedy of errors...now 2-0 OSU.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Another game for Minnesota...and the same mistakes are being made...Outshot, outhustled and now down 1-0.

What a comedy of errors...now 2-0 OSU.
        I missed the first period, but have been watching the second. As best I can tell, Minnesota has made the strange choice of playing in sneakers instead of wearing ice skates.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I missed the first period, but have been watching the second. As best I can tell, Minnesota has made the strange choice of playing in sneakers instead of wearing ice skates.
          I've become fairly apathetic to what I see from this team as it just a roll of the dice as to what kind of effort you will see from them. Disappointing from the aspect of the supposed talent that is on the team. For this coaching staff, this has not been a good showing as far as the team's preparation and effort. Big time lack of adjustment to the forecheck pressure that teams are using against them.

Comment

I've become fairly apathetic to what I see from this team as it just a roll of the dice as to what kind of effort you will see from them. Disappointing from the aspect of the supposed talent that is on the team. For this coaching staff, this has not been a good showing as far as the team's preparation and effort. Big time lack of adjustment to the forecheck pressure that teams are using against them.
            They picked it up after the second OSU goal, but the goalie held them off. And with all that, they still almost drew even. Cliche to say "see how they respond tomorrow".

Comment

They picked it up after the second OSU goal, but the goalie held them off. And with all that, they still almost drew even. Cliche to say "see how they respond tomorrow".
              Tomorrow will be interesting. Will Minnesota be properly motivated to play to their potential? I think OSU will want to ride the momentum but have not swept a strong opponent all season. Also will OSU have any energy left in the tank after tonight's effort and with an early game tomorrow?

Comment

True...But, I think Dan said on the broadcast that at one point, Minnesota had gone over 16 minutes without a shot on goal. How are you going to score if you can't even get the puck on net? Either OSU is so good playing team defense (which there is some aspect to that) or, as you noted, Minnesota came out looking like they were playing boot hockey.

Gopher women's hockey this year, is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

• Gopher #16 with a big cheap shot crosscheck to the back at end of game in corner. Frustrations running high and will be interesting to see if OSU makes them pay again today.

Comment

Sure will be interesting to see how that plays out across all of women's college hockey next year.
                    This is a super interesting plot. If a player has completed their degree, they can't come back unless they do the grad school thing or can they come back no matter what? Can a graduated player get a full time job that somehow allows them the time to practice and play and they can play? Surely these answers have to be out there already as many football players for UW are coming back. Maybe all those guys simply haven't had enough credits to graduate? My systematic logical brain is struggling with the unknowns.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post
                      Gopher #16 with a big cheap shot crosscheck to the back at end of game in corner. Frustrations running high and will be interesting to see if OSU makes them pay again today.
                      Like a few of her teammates, #16 has been non-exsistent on the ice this year since coming back from injury. Still not an excuse for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post
                        Gopher #16 with a big cheap shot crosscheck to the back at end of game in corner. Frustrations running high and will be interesting to see if OSU makes them pay again today.
                        I absolutely agree cheap and completely unnecessary. But not really very big. However I assume that more than one Buckeye will have noted her number and she should keep her head up and on a swivel as payback may be coming.

The Gophers were awful, easily the worst they have been this year and in fact in many years.
                        Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post

I absolutely agree cheap and completely unnecessary. But not really very big. However I assume that more than one Buckeye will have noted her number and she should keep her head up and on a swivel as payback may be coming.

The Gophers were awful, easily the worst they have been this year and in fact in many years.
                          Definite BS move. I hope a Buckeye gets some payback today but I’ll be surprised if that happens. I’ve always wanted a bit more from the women’s game in that regard. I love it when a team stands behind its players by sending such messages.

Comment

• Like a moth to flame, I watched today's game. I don't know why I expected anything different. The reality is that this Gopher team is just not very good.

Comment

Like a moth to flame, I watched today's game. I don't know why I expected anything different. The reality is that this Gopher team is just not very good.
                              I've come to the conclusion that in this team's case "the whole is [LESS THAN] the sum of its parts".
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Like a moth to flame, I watched today's game. I don't know why I expected anything different. The reality is that this Gopher team is just not very good.
                                The record isn't super good but it's largely because of a super high SOS: https://twitter.com/Salzano14/status...11652728049666

I get that the level of Good you expect out in the twin cities is high, though.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X