No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gopher Women's Hockey 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zumwinkle in the blue ice before the puck, makes contact with Blair and prevents Blair from moving to the puck. No way is that a good goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

You are so much more positive than me...LOL
      They are playing much better than usual against their old nemesis. Going to overtime...3 on 3.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
        They are playing much better than usual against their old nemesis. Going to overtime...3 on 3.
        Still tied after the 3 on 3, now going to a shootout.

Comment

Still tied after the 3 on 3, now going to a shootout.
          Taylor Wente was the only player to score in the shootout, Gophers get the win and the extra point.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            Zumwinkle in the blue ice before the puck, makes contact with Blair and prevents Blair from moving to the puck. No way is that a good goal.
            I think you're right. Maybe they decided since it went off the Sinner player and it was called a good goal on the ice they wouldn't overturn it? I don't know.

Going by D2D example I will stick to the positive. #22, #7, and #33 were players that I thought played very well for Minnesota. Big goal by Boreen and nice job by Shearen filling in for Skaja. Pahl was very good between the pipes today.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I think you're right. Maybe they decided since it went off the Sinner player and it was called a good goal on the ice they wouldn't overturn it? I don't know.

Going by D2D example I will stick to the positive. #22, #7, and #33 were players that I thought played very well for Minnesota. Big goal by Boreen and nice job by Shearen filling in for Skaja. Pahl was very good between the pipes today.
              I'll be interested to see/hear what the refs told Mark Johnson, if he mentions it in the newspaper tomorrow, or in 'press conference' on Monday, etc.

I only really thought about or noticed today, but if UMD wins their next four games - all against Mankato - and then takes (I think) five or six points from UW the last weekend, they will win the conference championship. And the two points UW didn't get today go a long way to making that possible.
              Last edited by robertearle; 02-06-2021, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I'll be interested to see/hear what the refs told Mark Johnson, if he mentions it in the newspaper tomorrow, or in 'press conference' on Monday, etc.
                Hopefully he doesn't muzzinator the thing...Wisconsin has really had a very good 4 games against Minnesota this year. 9 of 12 points is pretty darn good

Comment

He hasn't noticed yet that it isn't Bench in goal today...
                  I have no dog in the fight but is there a budding goalie controversy at MN?

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                    I have no dog in the fight but is there a budding goalie controversy at MN?
                    I don't believe it would be accurate to call it a "budding goalie controversy" but Coach Frost has given the start in the second game of the last two series to Makayla Paul. She also played the 3rd period in the Wisconsin game on January 15. Both Paul and Bench have very solid stats when it comes to SV% at .936 and .927 respectively. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the two continue to alternate in goal the rest of the way.

Comment

Nothing in the Sunday newspaper article. And MJ was not asked about it today.

(The guy from the Wi State Journal tried a backdoor version of 'which seniors are coming back to play next year?' but Johnson didn't bite on it.)

Comment

• With the regular season coming down to the wire this weekends series with you guys hosting Ohio State should contain a lot of serious effort on the part of both teams!

Comment

(The guy from the Wi State Journal tried a backdoor version of 'which seniors are coming back to play next year?' but Johnson didn't bite on it.)
                          Sure will be interesting to see how that plays out across all of women's college hockey next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            With the regular season coming down to the wire this weekends series with you guys hosting Ohio State should contain a lot of serious effort on the part of both teams!
                            I'm confident we will see OSU's best effert...Less confident that will be the case with Minnesota.

Comment

I'm confident we will see OSU's best effert...Less confident that will be the case with Minnesota.
                              If the Gophers can match the effort they put forth this past weekend, they should be OK. I am 50% confident of this...

Comment

If the Gophers can match the effort they put forth this past weekend, they should be OK. I am 50% confident of this...
                                That is a big if...

10%

Comment

Working...
                                X