Minnesota Gopher Women's Hockey 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

That was not good. Is it me just looking through red and white sunglasses, or does Bench lack a feel for the game? Or does the MN gig just have too much pressure? She looked very average out here, when you needed an eye popping save it just never happened.
    I don’t know what game you were watching, but Bench was left out to dry for two games straight. She might want the 4th goal back from Friday, but other than that not much that could’ve been done on her part. “Needed an eye popping save” she did manage to stop two badger breakaways as well as make consistent saves on Olympic level players in the slot. Badger goals were scored from rushes with poor defense by the Gophers and not from sustained possession, which goes to show how she can manage a game if she was given just a fraction of help.

Comment

• Originally posted by livingintheglorydays123 View Post

I don’t know what game you were watching, but Bench was left out to dry for two games straight. She might want the 4th goal back from Friday, but other than that not much that could’ve been done on her part. “Needed an eye popping save” she did manage to stop two badger breakaways as well as make consistent saves on Olympic level players in the slot. Badger goals were scored from rushes with poor defense by the Gophers and not from sustained possession, which goes to show how she can manage a game if she was given just a fraction of help.
      You mentioned the 4th Wisconsin goal that Watts scored on Friday and I would agree that was a goal that, most of the time, goalies will make the save on. But overall, other than nit-picking about a little better rebound control, she was hung out to dry by Minnesota's so called defense.

What I'm curious to see is how this coaching staff is going to try and cover up the deficiencies that exit in Minnesota's defense. They were exposed early on in the first series of the year against OSU and they even gave up 41 shots in a game against Mankato. Hey, maybe they could schedule more games against SCSU.
      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-18-2021, 09:05 AM.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        they even gave up 41 shots in a game against Mankato.
        Watt the heck????!!!!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Returning goaltenders next year will be challenged by this young lady for the starting position. To twice make the USA U18 team she has to be pretty solid.

Playing high school boys hockey, future Gophers goalie Skylar Vetter pursues golden goals
          https://www.therinklive.com/college/...s-golden-goals

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• 4-3 Gophers up after two periods. Many boneheaded turnovers by the Minnesota defense has kept OSU in this...

Like a broken record but sheesh, the video feed is just amateur hour. Is it too much to ask for an announcer? Probably, but maybe that's a good thing...
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-29-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• And gotta love the parents with their chanting. Reminds me of U12.

Comment

Like a broken record but sheesh

("broken record" makes me laugh these days. It is double anachronism. Records are mostly gone, and records that "broke" were made of shellack, pre-World War II. I try to catch myself, but I still say it occasionally.)

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

("broken record" makes me laugh these days. It is double anachronism. Records are mostly gone, and records that "broke" were made of shellack, pre-World War II. I try to catch myself, but I still say it occasionally.)
                  True...It would be better said "like a record that skips". 7-4 final the Gophers add to their 2 goal lead with an ENG. #11 for Minnesota with one of the stupidest penalties you'll ever see with just over 2 minutes left in the 3rd period up by 2 goals...

Oh and records are still around plus the younger generation is into them. Not just old fuddy-duds like me.
                  Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-29-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Oh and records are still around plus the younger generation is into them. Not just old fuddy-duds like me.
                    I have a niece-in-law, early twenties, whom I am giving mine to, a half-dozen or so at a time, sort-of artist-by-artist. She loves them.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

I have a niece-in-law, early twenties, whom I am giving mine to, a half-dozen or so at a time, sort-of artist-by-artist. She loves them.
                      Very nice...

Comment

• Another game where Minnesota was outshot by a fair margin (43-30). It has been a problem right from the get-go and they are not making adjustments to rectify the problem.

Comment

• Big border battle this weekend! I'm hoping the home team saved a good part of their energy last Saturday for the games this weekend!

Go Gophers!

https://gophersports.com/news/2021/2...der-arena.aspx

Comment

• Gophers take a 1-0 lead, after one. Goal by Madeline Wethington.

Comment

• You're up 2-0 and then you give up a terrible goal from the far side below the dot. That one is on Bench.

After 2 periods its 2-1 Minnesota.

Comment

• # 13 doing her best Zoom Boom and it's 3-1 Minnesota...

Comment

Working...
                                X