No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gopher Women's Hockey 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mean to be getting ahead of myself but I can't wait until the end of the month for the next series between Minnesota and OSU. That series could well decide the conference with 4 games albeit there is a bye week for OSU between the first and second pair of games but you guys play Wisconsin again while we rest. Will that be a good or bad thing for the Gophers? I don't know but the final run for everybody should make for some great hockey!

Comment

As disjointed as the first part of the season has been, I would think the coaches prefer a steady series of games to work out the bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
        As disjointed as the first part of the season has been, I would think the coaches prefer a steady series of games to work out the bugs.
        Agree. Two games a week with an occasional bye week to rest is perfect. By now the players should be getting into mid-season form. But as respect the Gophers we're still seeing too much inconsistency. They certainly have the talent to correct this! And we'll need it for all six periods this coming weekend.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I probably shouldn't post this, since it likely won't last long, but the Gophers this week hold the No. 1 position in both the women's and men's polls. Does anyone have any idea as to when this last occurred?

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
            I probably shouldn't post this, since it likely won't last long, but the Gophers this week hold the No. 1 position in both the women's and men's polls. Does anyone have any idea as to when this last occurred?
            Undoubtedly, it has happened since. But it an opening a Wisconsin fan cannot resist driving the truck through:

2006 - Mens and Womens National Champions.

:-)

Comment

Saw on YHH and noticed it in the RPI thread that Sophie Helgeson (Roseau HS) has de-committed from RPI for 2021. She is a very good player and will be a nice pickup for somebody...
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                The only one that counts is the one at the end of the year and 2006 is the only one you need to remember.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

The only one that counts is the one at the end of the year and 2006 is the only one you need to remember.
                  With the Ivy League shut down, and many other teams playing a greatly reduced number of games, are we even going to have a national champ this season?

Comment

I can't say the Gophers played that badly but they are down 2-0 to the Sinners after 1 period.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      I can't say the Gophers played that badly but they are down 2-0 to the Sinners after 1 period.
                      No, just a couple of "right place, right time" rebound put-backs for UW.

Comment

• What is with the Gophers and 2nd periods? Another stinker and they are down 4-0. They should just forget about going on the power play. Not really Bench's fault except on that last goal.

Comment

• Hey BF...Your squad has to be better than what I'm seeing today.

Comment

• I don't think that is a goal by Zumwinkle...And it is no goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Hey BF...Your squad has to be better than what I'm seeing today.
                              Needless to say, that was easily the best Wisconsin has looked this year. Way more energy, way better connecting on passes, way better overall puck movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Needless to say, that was easily the best Wisconsin has looked this year. Way more energy, way better connecting on passes, way better overall puck movement.
                                Enough of all that for an easy victory over a Gophers squad that was on its heels pretty much the whole game. They can play much better than what we saw today, and they better do that if they're going to avoid getting swept. Every player needs to step up, from goalie on out.

Comment

Working...
                                X