Minnesota Gopher Women's Hockey 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    A very frustrating game to watch if you're a Gopher fan. I lost track of the number of odd-man rushes they gave up in Periods 1 and 2. Way too many unforced errors and judgement lapses. I don't know what Frosty said to the team in the locker room before Period 3, but whatever it was, it worked.
    I'm looking for a more consistent effort in tomorrow's rematch.
    does anybody know, are these conference games? Did they work out whatever the problem was with B1G teams playing non B1Gs?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

does anybody know, are these conference games? Did they work out whatever the problem was with B1G teams playing non B1Gs?
      It appears they are...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

It appears they are...
        The results are definitely being added to the league standings.
        http://www.wcha.com/women/standings/index.php
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The results are definitely being added to the league standings.
          http://www.wcha.com/women/standings/index.php
          As long as everyone plays an equal amount of games to determine the regular season champ, though this season is pretty much meaningless anyway.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

As long as everyone plays an equal amount of games to determine the regular season champ, though this season is pretty much meaningless anyway.
            There should be plenty of time and opportunity for teams to get healthy and cleared to play their remaining league games in the second half. The question is, what should be the consequences for those teams that don't make getting healthy and remain cleared to play Priority No. 1, and therefore end up missing games? And what about teams that remain healthy and continue to be cleared to play but can't complete their regular season schedule because another team (or two) can't? Would that other team have to take a forfeit?

It will be interesting to see how the league handles these developments, should they come to pass.

Comment

Got home late and watched the replay of tonight's game. Much better 60 minute effort from Minnesota but should have buried more than two of their chances...Lots of players showed very well tonight but one who is struggling a bit is #9.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                Got home late and watched the replay of tonight's game. Much better 60 minute effort from Minnesota but should have buried more than two of their chances...Lots of players showed very well tonight but one who is struggling a bit is #9.
                Only in terms of scoring. Heise was all over the place. And Zumwinkle took a shot that hit the goalie, hit one post, slid down the goal line, hit the other post, and kicked out. Yeah, it would have been nice if they had scored a couple more, but goals are fluky things. I'll take the fact that played hard and well, with very solid defense, for 60 minutes. Do that, and goals will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

Only in terms of scoring. Heise was all over the place. And Zumwinkle took a shot that hit the goalie, hit one post, slid down the goal line, hit the other post, and kicked out. Yeah, it would have been nice if they had scored a couple more, but goals are fluky things. I'll take the fact that played hard and well, with very solid defense, for 60 minutes. Do that, and goals will come.
                  Saw a t-shirt on one of the many ads that show up here. It fits you to a tee. It says "I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right."

Another t-shirt that was on there was pretty good as well. It says "When this virus is over, I still want some of you to stay away from me."
                  Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 12-12-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

https://gophersports.com/news/2020/1...-weekly-honors

Bench receiving her third weekly honors as well getting the November monthly award, proving once again that she is a spectacular addition to this team. Excited to see what she brings to the second half of the season.

Hengler also receiving weekly honors, very well deserved. Truly shocking this is her first career weekly honors.

Seems like the Gophers D core is really coming together.

Comment

Gophers Announce Second Half Schedule

https://gophersports.com/sports/wome...hedule/2020-21
                      Last edited by D2D; 12-16-2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Gophers Announce Second Half Schedule

https://gophersports.com/news/2020/1...-schedule.aspx

So I looked at both the WCHA page and the three team web sites - UW, UM, OSU - and they all appear to say the same things:

- Minnesota plays ten two game WCHA series, including playing Ohio State THREE times, for six games, and UMD twice for four games.
                        - Ohio State plays nine series, only playing UMD once
                        - Wisconsin plays only eight series, also only playing UMD once.

(That is including series already played)

(Assuming that is all correct as listed, and it all gets played) that's gonna make conference standings ... interesting.

Comment

UMD series postponed due to insufficient number of players for the 'Dogs. Sigh.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            UMD series postponed due to insufficient number of players for the 'Dogs. Sigh.
                            Just curious, how do they define "insufficient"?

Comment

Just curious, how do they define "insufficient"?

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sp...ayers-required

Comment

I was not able to gain access to read the article. Does it provide a number of what the minimum is?

Comment

Working...
                                X