Minnesota Gopher Women's Hockey 20-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Please tell me when I watch the games on BTN this weekend that there will be more than 1 camera, they will be able to zoom in and out, the resolution quality of picture will be better than a camcorder from 1991 and they are not mounted practically in the basement of the building. Now don't lie to me, the truth will be known tomorrow. I just want to know how excited I should be to watch the games.
    You already know the answer to what your asking...

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Please tell me when I watch the games on BTN this weekend that there will be more than 1 camera, they will be able to zoom in and out, the resolution quality of picture will be better than a camcorder from 1991 and they are not mounted practically in the basement of the building. Now don't lie to me, the truth will be known tomorrow. I just want to know how excited I should be to watch the games.
      When you watch the games on BTN this weekend there will be more than 1 camera, they will be able to zoom in and out, the resolution quality of picture will be better than a camcorder from 1991 and they are not mounted practically in the basement of the building. You should be very excited to watch the games.
      Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        You already know the answer to what your asking...
        When Mankato produces a better online product than OSU, a guy has to assume nothing.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

https://gophersports.com/news/2020/1...postponed.aspx
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

(No, it isn't the right word, but I can't come up with anything better...)

So I guess we "lucked" out that Ohio State has a bye this weekend. Because if they can put a team together eight or nine days from now, I assume there would have been no way they could have tomorrow or the next day.

(I'm also concerned about how infectious the Buckeyes were a week ago, and what it might mean for a Badger team this weekend... and a Gopher team in another week. Because that's how viruses work...)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              (I'm also concerned about how infectious the Buckeyes were a week ago, and what it might mean for a Badger team this weekend... and a Gopher team in another week. Because that's how viruses work...)
              The series is cancelled. Shocker. The B16 has a 21 day no contact period.

Comment

Gophers looked unprepared.

Comment

The series between Wisconsin and Minnesota scheduled for Dec. 4-5 in Minneapolis has been postponed.
                  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

I just want to know how excited I should be to watch the games.
                    With MBTC's news, I can confidently advise you to curb your enthusiasm, Tim.

Comment

The time period between weekend series - six days, generally - might be 'optimally bad' with regard to COVID. Ohio State has not-yet-diagnosed COVID cases, they play Wisconsin, who get infected. Then Wisconsin plays Minnesota six days later. If the infected UW plays happen to not develop symptoms or at least a detectable viral load, they quite likely infect Minnesota players. 'Median' time period between infection and the onset of symptoms is - IIRC - 5.3 days. Luckily for the Minn team, some on UW have a detectable load such that the series gets cancelled.

Happy that the Minn players 'dodged the bullet' this time. Unhappy and worried about UW players, and the OSU players.

This all sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        With MBTC's news, I can confidently advise you to curb your enthusiasm, Tim.
                        Imagine frown face GIF

Comment

No games in Madison this weekend due to too many Badgers have tested positive. Bummer as I was really looking forward to watching the streams later today and again tomorrow afternoon. It's always a great series and fun to watch.

I do wish all of their players a complete recovery.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            No games in Madison this weekend
                            Even in an all negative PCR testing world there were going to be no games in Badison this weekend...

It looks like the Gophers have added the Land-Cows as a home and home series to their schedule for Dec 10th and 11th
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Even in an all negative PCR testing world there were going to be no games in Badison this weekend...
                              Ooops, at least I had it written down correctly in my calendar! ::confused face goes here::

It looks like the Gophers have added the Land-Cows as a home and home series to their schedule for Dec 10th and 11th
                              Good to see! Last games until ??/??/21?
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Based on the WWCHA experience so far, I can't conclude that the programs who decided to sit this season out were wrong. The good news is that at least when the WCHA coaches want to look for a new dance partner, they all have each other's phone numbers after so many years. Yeah, the SCSU coach is only a year plus into being head coach, but he's been in the league for long enough.

At times like this, I miss Shannon. You know that she'd be claiming that people were getting Covid on purpose, just to gain some imagined competitive advantage. Crowell is far too rational to ever generate any interesting stories. She's like the hockey equivalent of Biden when it comes to successors.

Comment

Working...
                                X