2020-21 Women's College Hockey Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 Women's College Hockey Polls

USA Today is out with the first national D1 poll of the season.
    November 3, 2020

Points-(1st Place Votes)-Last Poll-Record-Weeks in Poll
    1 University of Wisconsin 178 (9) 2 28-5-3 1
    2 Cornell University 153 (7) 1 28-2-3 1
    3 Northeastern University 149 (2) 3 32-4-2 1
    4 University of Minnesota 140 (1) 5 27-6-3 1
    5 Ohio State University 119 4 24-8-6 1
    6 Clarkson University 97 7 25-6-6 1
    7 Princeton University 79 6 26-6-1 1
    8 University of Minnesota Duluth 50 8 18-12-6 1
    9 Boston University 41 9 24-8-4 1
    10 Mercyhurst University 14 NR 21-10-5 1
    Others receiving votes: Quinnipiac 10, Boston College 6, Colgate 5, Harvard 3, Providence 1.

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/usa-today-womens/
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

UW starting where they would have finished last year, I LOVE it. wink/smile

BC 12th...wow...T3, surely it's not THAT bleak for BC, is it?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Princeton and Harvard should be dropped. Word is that they will not be playing this year. Only Cornell from the Ivies.

Comment

I thought the same thing about Princeton. The Fillier's are not going to school this year.....

Comment

The Gophers have dropped out of the Top 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus Buckice View Post
            The Gophers have dropped out of the Top 3?
            Rumor has it that the voting was tabulated with Dominion software... It's probably lucky the 13 striped ground squirrels were even in the top ten.
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 11-19-2020, 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              UW starting where they would have finished last year, I LOVE it. wink/smile

BC 12th...wow...T3, surely it's not THAT bleak for BC, is it?
              We were a .500 team last year, we'll definitely be better but hard to justify launching us back into the top 10 without having played any games yet
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                We were a .500 team last year, we'll definitely be better but hard to justify launching us back into the top 10 without having played any games yet
                We might wind up with only 10 teams playing, so that we'll see some unexpected entries in the top 10. I wonder what will happen with the Beanpot? Will you have a field that is strictly the surviving Boston teams, or will you expand the domain of entrants until you can find four participants? Don't answer now, because you'll just have to revise your answer by the hour.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The Beanpot was cancelled this week

Comment

If nobody plays any non-conference games, RPI and the Pairwise will be completely meaningless.

what will Grant do with all that extra time? :-(

Comment

Ohio State added another assistant coach in the off season (a yearly event). We hired former Duluth and Team USA member Zoe Hickel and I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do in player development.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        If nobody plays any non-conference games, RPI and the Pairwise will be completely meaningless.

what will Grant do with all that extra time? :-(
                        Ugh I know. I'll probably still run KRACH or something but that's going to be meaningless too. Honestly, it's going to be fascinating if they do get to select a tournament field.

Originally posted by top cheese View Post
                        The Beanpot was cancelled this week
                        Brown was declared champion by acclamation
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Ohio State added another assistant coach in the off season (a yearly event). We hired former Duluth and Team USA member Zoe Hickel and I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do in player development.
                          Now who left? Muzzy is a coach grinder. At some point people will stop applying when they look at the landscape of coaching corpses around her.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Now who left? Muzzy is a coach grinder. At some point people will stop applying when they look at the landscape of coaching corpses around her.
                            Well former Blue Jacket James Wisniewski was filling in as a volunteer assistant coach last season so it was assumed he was temporary, also because Coach Muzzy may have had a bigger set than him!
                            I can't recall the others who left often and when I looked up previous years rosters on the teams athletic page to find them the former assistant coaches have been deleted from the coaching roster archive - very strange!
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-20-2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Well former Blue Jacket James Wisniewski was filling in as a volunteer assistant coach last season so it was assumed he was temporary, also because Coach Muzzy may have had a bigger set than him!
                              I can't recall the others who left often and when I looked up previous years rosters on the teams athletic page to find them the former assistant coaches have been deleted from the coaching roster archive - very strange!
                              Are you familiar with the internet "Wayback Machine"? A web site that archives old versions of other web sites.

The roster page for OSU women's hockey 2019-2020 shows a coaching staff of Muzerall, Emily West, and Wisniewski. An earlier version of 2019-202 also shows McMillen.
                              For 2018-2019, Muzerall, Andrew Cassells, and Milica McMillen. A prior version for 2018-2019 shows Peter Elander, but not Cassells.

There may be other variations, I certainly didn't look at all the archived versions of the page.

Unfortunately, the Wayback doesn't have anything earlier. It can be very hit-and-miss.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190901...hockey/roster/

Comment

Working...
                              X