Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 Women's College Hockey Polls

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I don't think Minnesota has played particularly bad, I think you Minnesota fans have become spoiled over the years and expect perfection. (Ohio State expects that in football)
    At least your men's hockey program has seemed to have righted the ship while mine's capsizing!
    Perfection? No. I don't think Minnesota has played particularly bad, I know they have been bad, as a team, in a number of games. Minnesota has been outshot in a majority of their games this year and have been below 50% in the face-off circle in a lot of those games. Most teams block quite of few more shots than they do as well. Those stats are going to lead to bad results more often than not. What saves Minnesota, in some cases, is that they have some extremely talented players who individually can rescue them from losing games.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-16-2021, 11:47 AM.
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

    Comment


    • #47
      So that UW disliker is now voting for NE. At least that makes sense.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        So that UW disliker is now voting for NE. At least that makes sense.
        Does anyone know who votes in this poll? It makes no sense. It is actually a joke.

        Wisconsin loses a point not playing
        Northeastern gains 3, winning two games
        OSU lose 4 points, not playing
        Minn lose 2 points not play
        Colgate only lose 3 points after getting beat by a one win team and going 1-1
        BC loses 1 point losing to BU, goes 1-1
        UMD loses 6 points, winning 2 games, against a 7 win team
        Penn State gains 6 points, winning 2 games, against a 1 win team

        Comment


        • #49
          There's something wrong with the team having the best W-L in the country and the best GA (by a mile) gaining three? And even snagging one lonely first place vote? Oh, the unfairness of it all.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by HockeyGuy362 View Post
            Does anyone know who votes in this poll? It makes no sense. It is actually a joke.
            Wisconsin loses a point not playing
            Northeastern gains 3, winning two games
            OSU lose 4 points, not playing
            Minn lose 2 points not play
            Colgate only lose 3 points after getting beat by a one win team and going 1-1
            BC loses 1 point losing to BU, goes 1-1
            UMD loses 6 points, winning 2 games, against a 7 win team
            Penn State gains 6 points, winning 2 games, against a 1 win team
            The dart thrower of the week must have been a little more not awake as usual. It is a complete joke.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              There's something wrong with the team having the best W-L in the country and the best GA (by a mile) gaining three? And even snagging one lonely first place vote? Oh, the unfairness of it all.
              I think he is talking about inconsistency of the voting. NE has a great record but there is another one loss team that should move up. The Lack of inter-conference play definitely leads to speculation. I guess we will have to see who makes the final 8. Polls are great things to talk about but ultimately it is about performance during the playoffs. WHich of the teams can shine when the spotlight is on them.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by zambonidriver View Post

                I think he is talking about inconsistency of the voting. NE has a great record but there is another one loss team that should move up. The Lack of inter-conference play definitely leads to speculation. I guess we will have to see who makes the final 8. Polls are great things to talk about but ultimately it is about performance during the playoffs. WHich of the teams can shine when the spotlight is on them.
                Zamboni Driver is correct, nobody said anything bad about NE, but did beating Vermont deserve to get 3 more points. Penn State also has only one loss, but gets no respect at all. Also, how does Colgate loss to a one win team and loss only 3 points, yet UMD wins two and losses 6 points, it makes no sense. OSU lost 4 points, by not playing, just odd.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by HockeyGuy362 View Post

                  Zamboni Driver is correct, nobody said anything bad about NE, but did beating Vermont deserve to get 3 more points. Penn State also has only one loss, but gets no respect at all. Also, how does Colgate loss to a one win team and loss only 3 points, yet UMD wins two and losses 6 points, it makes no sense. OSU lost 4 points, by not playing, just odd.
                  Makes one wonder if they don't have different individuals voting each week.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Makes one wonder if they don't have different individuals voting each week.
                    That would be beyond stupid, but, um, oh, nothing should shock us, right?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Makes one wonder if they don't have different individuals voting each week.
                      I can't speak to what they are doing this season. In the past when I voted in this poll, I know that they had someone voting in a provisional capacity. That vote was only counted if one of the regular voters failed to submit a ballot by the deadline that week. So that would be a time when the voting pool could be different from one week to the next, and thus, the results could change even if nobody played.

                      I know that the general sentiment is that the voters aren't doing a good job this year, but it is a tough year to vote. It is harder than normal to see teams in person. The conferences aren't playing each other, so rankings like KRACH and RPI are useless for comparing teams from different leagues. WCHODR was always a ranking that I'd use as a sanity check, and it isn't even being updated. There isn't much of a buzz around our sport in most seasons, but there is even less of one this time. Thus, useful news is hard to come by. Finally, schedules are more disparate than usual. We've always had Ivy League teams starting late, but now we have teams not playing, teams starting later, teams going on unplanned breaks, teams playing each other six to 10 times -- it's apples and raisins.

                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

                        The dart thrower of the week must have been a little more not awake as usual. It is a complete joke.
                        Tim's dart thrower still has Northeastern at #3. Twelve votes at #1 and three at #2 would total 147, but they only have a total of 146.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Strength of schedule has no validity this year.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X