No announcement yet.

2020-21 Women's College Hockey Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week's poll was 'interesting' enough (and talk of how far Minnesota might have dropped), I decided to try to work out who got what votes, like I did a couple times last year.

My best guess, through the top five, FWIW:

Wisconsin (14 #1) plus (1 #2) = 140 + 9 = 149
    Minnesota (1 #1) plus (8 #2) plus (6 #3) = 10 + 72 + 48 = 130
    Ohio State (3 #2) plus (4 #3) plus (3 #4) plus (5 #5) = 27 + 32 + 21 + 30 = 110
    Northeastern (3 #2) plus (3 #3) plus (5 #4) plus (3 #5) plus (1 #6) = 27 + 24 + 35 + 18 + 5 = 109
    Colgate (2 #3) plus (5 #4) plus (5 #5) plus ( 3 #6) = 16 +35 + 30 + 15 = 96

(Edit: I had it all spaced out to be lots more readable, and the comment system stripped out all the 'extra' spaces. Sorry 'bout that.)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

I'm over Clarkson. A certain 2-0 win in the last game of the season in 2019 was very cleansing. And UW beat them in the process of getting to the 2-0 win. That was a double flusher cleansing.
      So says you...Heck, do you even know how the Fighting Nurses are doing this year?
      “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        So says you...Heck, do you even know how the Fighting Nurses are doing this year?
        I think that you have to play for Colgate to know that. Hardly anyone else has seem them.

In other news, SLU kicks off its season tomorrow. Maybe the Saints are auditioning to be an Ivy?

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Nope, though I did peek in the Colgate thread and was not disappointed with what I saw.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/

Not sure how UMD (6-4) didn't get bumped down after splitting with the last place Bemidji team this past weekend. They'd be lucky to switch places with Penn State, who are 8-1-1 and in first place in the CHA after their weekend sweep against Mercyhurst. Maybe the Nittany Lions get some loving in next week's poll.

Comment

And that zany crackhead from MN is STILL voting MN #1.

Comment

And that zany crackhead from MN is STILL voting MN #1.
                We have different thinners than you use. We don't need crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
                  We have different thinners than you use. We don't need crack.
                  Menards, Fleet Farm, Farm and Fleet, Ace/Tru Value are all within 20 miles of me, otherwise I can throw in Lowes or Home Depot in the 50 mile range. Whatchya got? I prefer the Ace myself.

Comment

Is MN STILL gonna get a vote for #1 from that zany voter or will he or she give to OSU instead since they obviously hate Wisconsin.

Comment

Hate is a strong word...They probably have a strong dislike which is the proper stance to take.
                      “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Is MN STILL gonna get a vote for #1 from that zany voter or will he or she give to OSU instead since they obviously hate Wisconsin.
                        Full credit to that voter; it isn't easy to generate interest in this season. Clearly, you're hooked.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

So how, exactly, does a team with one loss and the best GA and GAA in the nation finish behind a 2-loss team in one poll and third behind said two-loss team and a FIVE loss team in the other?? Inquiring minds want to know.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            So how, exactly, does a team with one loss and the best GA and GAA in the nation finish behind a 2-loss team in one poll and third behind said two-loss team and a FIVE loss team in the other?? Inquiring minds want to know.
                            Wisconsin's has had the hardest schedule in the land (as has UM and OSU). Has NE played most of their games against top 3 teams all year?

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                              You could make the case that Northeastern is the best team this year. Having seen them online a few times they look the part. As Timothy points out however, the strength of schedule playing in Hockey East comes into question. On the other side of the coin, it benefits Wisconsin and Ohio State that Minnesota remains ranked fairly high when they likely don't deserve that with how poorly they have played in a number of games.

Comment

On the other side of the coin, it benefits Wisconsin and Ohio State that Minnesota remains ranked fairly high when they likely don't deserve that with how poorly they have played in a number of games.
                                I don't think Minnesota has played particularly bad, I think you Minnesota fans have become spoiled over the years and expect perfection. (Ohio State expects that in football)
                                At least your men's hockey program has seemed to have righted the ship while mine's capsizing!

Comment

Working...
                                X