2020-21 Women's College Hockey Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Are you familiar with the internet "Wayback Machine"? A web site that archives old versions of other web sites.

The roster page for OSU women's hockey 2019-2020 shows a coaching staff of Muzerall, Emily West, and Wisniewski. An earlier version of 2019-202 also shows McMillen.
    For 2018-2019, Muzerall, Andrew Cassells, and Milica McMillen. A prior version for 2018-2019 shows Peter Elander, but not Cassells.

There may be other variations, I certainly didn't look at all the archived versions of the page.

Unfortunately, the Wayback doesn't have anything earlier. It can be very hit-and-miss.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190901...hockey/roster/

Thanks Robertearl! I was not aware (old guy thing I guess). It was Elander I was wracking my brain over trying to remember and losing him was a very big loss to the program.
    They said he left due to health concerns but I was always skeptical. I mean you look at the rink, coaches offices and everything else that's rather substandard, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'm digging into the UW roster a bit as I excitedly ponder this season, and I just don't think UW should be ranked #1. I don't know the losses for OSU and UM or NE, but UW lost a tremendous amount of talent at F and G. They have a ton of talent coming in, but #1? I guess we'll find out really fast.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

No change in this week's USCHO poll for the top four ranked teams. Colgate takes a big leap up from No. 9 to No. 5.

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-womens-poll/
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

It's safe to say that Covid 19 should be ranked #1 right now, unless MN can jump them. There's a lot less airflow in the tiny tunnels, though once it gets in there, look out.

Comment

USCHO Division I Women's Poll - December 14, 2020
            1 Wisconsin (10) 1-1-0 141 1
            2 Minnesota (4) 5-1-0 133 3
            3 Northeastern (1) 1-1-0 112 2
            4 Ohio State 2-2-0 107 4
            5 Colgate 4-1-1 89 5
            6 Minnesota Duluth 4-2-0 69 6
            7 Providence 5-0-1 59 8
            8 Boston College 5-3-0 45 9
            9 Clarkson 1-2-1 41 7
            10 Mercyhurst 2-0-0 9 NR
            Others receiving votes: Boston University 7, Penn State 6, Quinnipiac 4, Robert Morris 3

Comment

Badgers retain their grip on No. 1. Minnesota and Northeastern switch positions at Nos. 2 & 3.

USCHO Division I Women's Poll - December 21, 2020
              1 Wisconsin (10) 1-1-0 141 1
              2 Minnesota (4) 5-1-0 133 3
              3 Northeastern (1) 1-1-0 112 2
              4 Ohio State 2-2-0 107 4
              5 Colgate 4-1-1 89 5
              6 Minnesota Duluth 4-2-0 69 6
              7 Providence 5-0-1 59 8
              8 Boston College 5-3-0 45 9
              9 Clarkson 1-2-1 41 7
              10 Mercyhurst 2-0-0 9 NR
              Others receiving votes: Boston University 7, Penn State 6, Quinnipiac 4, Robert Morris 3

Comment

Say Watts!?!?! Someone gave UM a vote for number 1 after this last weekend? Seriously, Watts kind of "logic" could possibly defend such a vote? This person should lose their ability to cast a vote in future polls. It seriously sucks the credibility right out of the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Say Watts!?!?! Someone gave UM a vote for number 1 after this last weekend? Seriously, Watts kind of "logic" could possibly defend such a vote? This person should lose their ability to cast a vote in future polls. It seriously sucks the credibility right out of the poll.
                  Wasn't me, I swear! [Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) ]
                  Seriously after this past weekend I'm surprised they only moved down to No. 2. But as they say the only ranking that really counts is the last one of the season.

Comment

You're saying the poll had credibility?!?! I remember a poll a few years back where one of the voters got confused between Cornell, Clarkson, and Colgate and mistakenly voted for one that was a number of games below .500 before correcting it the next week. It is fairly common for the voters to not yet be aware of votes from the current week, even though the solicitation of votes includes a roundup for the week. I think that when people don't have time, they just resend their ballot from the prior week without even looking at it.

The other explanation is that the voter reads this forum and enjoys getting you going.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      You're saying the poll had credibility?!?! I remember a poll a few years back where one of the voters got confused between Cornell, Clarkson, and Colgate and mistakenly voted for one that was a number of games below .500 before correcting it the next week. It is fairly common for the voters to not yet be aware of votes from the current week, even though the solicitation of votes includes a roundup for the week. I think that when people don't have time, they just resend their ballot from the prior week without even looking at it.

The other explanation is that the voter reads this forum and enjoys getting you going.
                      I feel honored you did that to specifically target me.

Who are the voters in this poll besides you, D2D, Grant and Tristar Scoop?

Comment

Who are the voters in this poll besides you, D2D, Grant and Tristar Scoop?
                        I haven't been a voter for a couple of years; I have no idea who the current voters are. But if it had been me targeting you, I'd have voted Clarkson #1.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I haven't been a voter for a couple of years; I have no idea who the current voters are. But if it had been me targeting you, I'd have voted Clarkson #1.
                          Clarkson could be #1, there's no way to disprove it. It's easy logically disprove MN being number one. That's why it's so crazy.

Comment

Clarkson could be #1, there's no way to disprove it.
                            Yes there is, because 4 out of 5 dentists recommend Colgate toothpaste....
                            “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Comment

This deserves a Kelso...

BURN
                              “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                This deserves a Kelso...BURN
                                I'm over Clarkson. A certain 2-0 win in the last game of the season in 2019 was very cleansing. And UW beat them in the process of getting to the 2-0 win. That was a double flusher cleansing.
                                Last edited by Timothy A; 01-19-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X