Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Eagle View Post
    https://uvmathletics.com/news/2020/1...cember-18.aspx

Hope the rest of the schools make a decision based on how their team has been handling the requirements and not punish them for issues going on in other parts of the school or community like UVM has chosen to do.

Not good...this is potentially a bad sign for the school to as you said, "punish" kids who have been busting their butts and making sacrifices to stay away from covid spreading situations. I hope for the other 8 schools sake that administrators dont ruin this for the kids that have been working (not on the ice but EVERYWHERE else) all semester to this point to have some part of a season and then allow Vermont to get going again in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post

Not good...this is potentially a bad sign for the school to as you said, "punish" kids who have been busting their butts and making sacrifices to stay away from covid spreading situations. I hope for the other 8 schools sake that administrators dont ruin this for the kids that have been working (not on the ice but EVERYWHERE else) all semester to this point to have some part of a season and then allow Vermont to get going again in a couple of weeks.
      9 schools... And I think you might see not only the school administrators doing this but the politicians as well. Poor kids for sure, but safety first!

Comment

Had a chat with Coach Crowley with a big COVID focus to the interview (uh, obviously): https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ey-hockey-east
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

HockeyEast Power Ranking aka - HEPI ranking system: http://hockeyeastonline.com/women/standings/index.php

HockeyEast tourney info here:
          http://hockeyeastonline.com/articles...ing-format.php

Looks like things are relatively set. Most teams have played at least half of the conference but Vermont and Boston U have only had 6 or 7 games. The high end is 18 games for UNH with BC, NE, Providence, UConn, and Holy Cross all having at least 15 games so far.

Comment

Heard from my favorite HE player that Providence has a significant enough Covid outbreak that they are done for the year. Wonder how that might change the tourney...

Comment

Heard from my favorite HE player that Providence has a significant enough Covid outbreak that they are done for the year. Wonder how that might change the tourney...
              Stay healthy and your turn might come up!
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I haven't heard that, and neither have the usual people I talk to, but it definitely could be true. PC stopped mid-weekend last week, isn't playing this weekend, and the conference tournament is literally next week.

Comment

Following up on this -- hearing PC is expected to be back next week but Merrimack is all done.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Following up on this -- hearing PC is expected to be back next week but Merrimack is all done.
                    Interesting...thank you and good for Providence. I have not heard any updates from my kid. Will ask later this weekend if she has heard anything new.

Comment

Interesting...thank you and good for Providence. I have not heard any updates from my kid. Will ask later this weekend if she has heard anything new.
                      It'll be interesting for sure. Right now Hockey East is at 9 teams for its tournament, so I'm guessing there's an 8/9 play in game being planned unless someone else drops out... which, frankly doesn't seem at all unlikely, since only 6 teams are playing this week.

Man, I am going to be SO ANGRY if we beat BU today and drop them back down to 7th. I don't want to play them in the first round at all.

Comment

Quick look at HEPI (from a BC focus) going into the last day: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...nto-the-finale

Comment

Sorry Tony but I have never seen a BC team NOT skate like this second period display! A couple of sniped goals haven’t helped but contrary to the announcers belief that UConn’s defense is spectacular.....per usual, when the Eagles get behind they lose their team play, and try to much as individuals.....look at their passes, IF they pass....home run style.....trying to skate the puck the full ice vs their typical bing-bang sharp, quick passes....anyway, still possible to pull this out but you’re probably into the NCAA’s anyway.....hope that all is well! Wanna feel better, try and watch UNH skate next!! Now that has been sickening....

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                            Sorry Tony but I have never seen a BC team NOT skate like this second period display! A couple of sniped goals haven’t helped but contrary to the announcers belief that UConn’s defense is spectacular.....per usual, when the Eagles get behind they lose their team play, and try to much as individuals.....look at their passes, IF they pass....home run style.....trying to skate the puck the full ice vs their typical bing-bang sharp, quick passes....anyway, still possible to pull this out but you’re probably into the NCAA’s anyway.....hope that all is well! Wanna feel better, try and watch UNH skate next!! Now that has been sickening....
                            (Having been tipped by whoever that CBS Sports was showing the games for free. thanks ...)

I watched the second period, and I imagine Abigail Levy thinking to herself "If I wanted to face that kind of puck onslaught, I could have stayed in Mankato!"

Yikes!

Comment

Well, I was right about sickening play of UNH.....they’re not even close to being able to stay with the Huskies....at the end of 2, it’s 6-0, Boutilier has been chased from the game but given that shots are 34-14 already! It baffles me that there are 7, if not more players in the NWHL from UNH so there is talent being brought in, but if you watch them play, you’d never believe anyone’s coaching! ‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️ Anyway, good luck Tony on selection for BC......it sounds tenuous now.....cheers, zoofer

Comment

Tony/GS - care to comment on that massive turd this team put up against a mediocre team?

What is going on? Did the bench bosses just give up and decide to call girls at random do go over the boards? More than one BC put themselves shorthanded by literally not jumping over the boards. The line combos seemed to be a random number generator.

I get it - when your kids don't show up they don't show up, but... what the heck was that??

Does BC even want to back in at 8 and get rolled 10-1 in the first round by watts-her-name-who-left-town's team in Red?

Originally posted by zoofer View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X