Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usa hockey national tournament

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Usa hockey national tournament

    I believe the at-large bids for Nationals come out today. I have been following the 16's and 19's tournament for years since my neice played. will be interesting to see what happens with 16's. There are four strong teams from MA in the top 16.

  • #2
    Re: Usa hockey national tournament

    so....i am a bit concerned that USA hockey won't give the bids to all 4 programs in MA, thinking that is a lot from one district...but went back and looked and in 2016, the ONLY time Minnesota participated in Nationals, they had 4 teams in the U19 divisions....so should not be a problem. Precedent already exists! If the ranking supports it should be a no brainer. (lowest MA team is ranked 14 and there are 3 Minnesota elite teams above them not playing so that puts them at 11). as long as the favorites win the tournaments they should all be in.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
      so....i am a bit concerned that USA hockey won't give the bids to all 4 programs in MA, thinking that is a lot from one district...but went back and looked and in 2016, the ONLY time Minnesota participated in Nationals, they had 4 teams in the U19 divisions....so should not be a problem. Precedent already exists! If the ranking supports it should be a no brainer. (lowest MA team is ranked 14 and there are 3 Minnesota elite teams above them not playing so that puts them at 11). as long as the favorites win the tournaments they should all be in.
      Minnesota hosted girls tier 1 nationals in 2016 so that was a unique year.
      Minnesota teams participated last year too- the U14 champs were from Minnesota.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Usa hockey national tournament

        sorry....only looked through the 16s and 19s

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Usa hockey national tournament

          I would love to see the champions from each division try to play against any of the MN Elite Teams.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Usa hockey national tournament

            Originally posted by agfire View Post
            I would love to see the champions from each division try to play against any of the MN Elite Teams.
            What exactly do you mean by "try to play against any of the MN Elite teams"? Are you implying the MN teams are at another level?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Usa hockey national tournament

              Everything I am hearing says Minnesota Elite Grey will be in the 16U Nationals. Of the other teams in Nationals, they have already played Selects Academy (tie) and Shattuck (3 times, 1-1-1).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by agfire View Post
                I would love to see the champions from each division try to play against any of the MN Elite Teams.
                They lost to the mediocre Madison Capitols 2-1 in early March. Any idea if that game affected by the MN state tourney and maybe Elite Grey was missing players? If not....yikes

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Usa hockey national tournament

                  yikes....kind of a surprise...a flag showed up today for the Buffalo Regals 16 (meaning attending nationals). they are ranked 19th and did not win their district! https://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2018&a=d&v=2002

                  This may be a problem for getting the 14th ranked Assabet team or the 15th ranked Mid-Fairfield team. I think these rankings look at strength of schedule, so wonder whats up.....no other at-Large bids posted? just the one, kind of odd.

                  Hope we don't have another Admission Scandal going on....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Usa hockey national tournament

                    Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                    yikes....kind of a surprise...a flag showed up today for the Buffalo Regals 16 (meaning attending nationals). they are ranked 19th and did not win their district! https://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2018&a=d&v=2002

                    This may be a problem for getting the 14th ranked Assabet team or the 15th ranked Mid-Fairfield team. I think these rankings look at strength of schedule, so wonder whats up.....no other at-Large bids posted? just the one, kind of odd.

                    Hope we don't have another Admission Scandal going on....
                    Has USA hockey totally lost it's mind? [obviously yes]....What ever happened to each District winner goes to Nationals, plus the host team? Was that really so complicated? Then again, these are the same idiots at USA hockey that did away with U12 nationals [too much fun, i suppose??]...or too competitive??? Riiiiiight....when they have the LL World Series on TV!!...and those are 11-12 yr olds playing [and having the time of their lives]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Usa hockey national tournament

                      Originally posted by agfire View Post
                      I would love to see the champions from each division try to play against any of the MN Elite Teams.
                      How about looking at actual results.

                      Jr. Whitecaps loaded up a U19 team with an entire team of D-1 recruits, including five going to the U, backed by the Wethington sisters. This team was much stronger than the multiple teams from the MN Elite League.

                      Went 1-3-1 at NAHA over Labor Day, not even advancing out of their round robin bracket. I think there are other teams who can play with the MN girls.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Usa hockey national tournament

                        Originally posted by Double Eagle View Post
                        How about looking at actual results.

                        Jr. Whitecaps loaded up a U19 team with an entire team of D-1 recruits, including five going to the U, backed by the Wethington sisters. This team was much stronger than the multiple teams from the MN Elite League.

                        Went 1-3-1 at NAHA over Labor Day, not even advancing out of their round robin bracket. I think there are other teams who can play with the MN girls.
                        From more of a scouting point of view, the current senior class of Minnesota girls has has some very good talent but not as much elite level talent as in the past couple of years by comparison so the NAHA tournament results are not that surprising.
                        “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Usa hockey national tournament

                          Originally posted by Double Eagle View Post
                          How about looking at actual results.

                          Jr. Whitecaps loaded up a U19 team with an entire team of D-1 recruits, including five going to the U, backed by the Wethington sisters. This team was much stronger than the multiple teams from the MN Elite League.

                          Went 1-3-1 at NAHA over Labor Day, not even advancing out of their round robin bracket. I think there are other teams who can play with the MN girls.
                          They were still missing at least 5 key players on that squad. Elite teams still split talent evenly usually throughout 3 teams. If they truly consolidated one or even 2 with the best they would be really really good. Also to note, the Elite league teams almost never have a full squad.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Usa hockey national tournament

                            Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            From more of a scouting point of view, the current senior class of Minnesota girls has has some very good talent but not as much elite level talent as in the past couple of years by comparison so the NAHA tournament results are not that surprising.
                            Correct, last couple classes had Elite Size and scoring ability however this class seems to have Elite speed and play-making ability. Many seem to have very good 2 way game also. Will be interesting how these new fast play-makers mesh with the Elite big goal scorers on their prospective D1 teams?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Usa hockey national tournament

                              there are 12 districts. 1 district has no teams registered. (I believe this is the North Dakota district in the u16 division). Therefore 11 district winners potentially 1 host team (they only get slots for 2 age groups). That means 4 or 5 at large bids....
                              11 of the 47 teams that are in the Tier 1 rankingsare from Massachusetts.. that means they take their money....they should allow the top 4-5 teams that don't win the district to have at large bids....

                              so far only 1 team shows up as getting an at-large bid (Buffalo Regals) and they are ranked 19th! with 5 teams above them not winning their district. The Selects won NY! Someone is gonna be ****ed.


                              Edit: hearing rumor no Assabet. Makes no sense. 23% of tier1 is Massachusetts. If they earn 4 spots they should get it. Waiting for confirmation.
                              Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 03-21-2019, 06:55 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X