Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
    On behalf of all us that are 54.... he’s still young!

He’s won a whole bunch of national championships and it’s well documented that he’s at the top of the heap in DIII compensation.

Unless he gets a great DI opportunity I can’t see him leaving anytime soon.
    I definitely wasn't implying he was old, but I believe 55 / 30 years would make him eligible for his New York State retirement, if he were so inclined. I have absolutely no inside information, just know this milestone is coming up for Coach Houle. I know I'm not advocating any changes for the women's team at this point!!!
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
      On behalf of all us that are 54.... he’s still young!

He’s won a whole bunch of national championships and it’s well documented that he’s at the top of the heap in DIII compensation.

Unless he gets a great DI opportunity I can’t see him leaving anytime soon.
      You know there are Youth AAA coaches making over $100K?
      Last edited by joecct; 04-12-2019, 05:07 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        You know there a Youth AAA coaches making over $100K?
        Unfortunately I know. Some coaches are double and triple dipping by coaching / assistant coaching on multiple teams

Comment

2018-19 All-USCHO teams are out:

First Team
          F: Bre Simon — Hamline
          F: Annie Katonka — Plattsburgh
          F: Amanda Conway – Norwich
          D: Holly Turnbull — Wisconsin-Eau Claire
          D: Meg Lahey — Elmira
          G: Kenzie Torpy — St. Thomas

Second Team
          F: Courtney Wittig — Wisconsin-Eau Claire
          F: Katie Granato — Elmira
          F: Leah Schwartzman — Hamline
          D: Kelly O’Sullivan – Adrian
          D: Samantha Benoit — Norwich
          G: Kassi Abbott — Plattsburgh

Third Team
          F: Rachel Anderson — St. Scholastica
          F: Courtney Moriarty — Plattsburgh
          F: Gina Scibetta — William Smith
          D: Hannah Kiraly — Plattsburgh
          D: Nikki Nightengale — Augsburg
          G: Jacque Rogers — Lake Forest

Rookie
          F: Molly Garin — Hamline
          F: Hailey Redders — Nazareth
          F: Eliza Beaudin — Elmira
          D: Stephanie Kubis — Nazareth
          D: Sierra Benjamin — Plattsburgh
          G: Denisa Jandová – Adrian

I agree with most of this. My only quibbles:

1) Sierra Benjamin on the Rookie squad over Hanna Rose who was the NEWHL Rookie of the Year.

2) I would have put Keeley Rose on the Rookie squad if we're going with multiple Naz players. I think she would have beat out Redders for points if she hadn't been moved to defensemen at the end of January.
          Last edited by Scott_TG; 04-12-2019, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            The WIAC could find themselves with an auto bid if a couple of more things happen. The WIAC will now have 5 teams on the women's side. If St. Thomas is out of the MIAC and finds another DIII home, would they be eligible to be an associate member of the WIAC for hockey? If they could pull that off, that's six. Then you have Finlandia, a member of the NCHA in hockey but is a member of the WIAC for baseball. They could join them for hockey as the 7th team if both WIAC and Finlandia agree to it. The longest trip would be St. Thomas to Finlandia, which is still a shorter trip on the TES than Plattsburgh to Buffalo State.

If the above somehow happens (a lot of hurdles) and the CHC/CCC Women can get a 7th member they could eventually have every conference with an autobid. Except the MAC, which is a conference within a conference.
            Just do it now with St Scholastica and Finlandia. I'm sure those teams would love to get rid of Adrian, Lake Forest, Trine and Aurora trips.
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

2018-19 All-USCHO teams are out:

First Team
              F: Bre Simon — Hamline
              F: Annie Katonka — Plattsburgh
              F: Amanda Conway – Norwich
              D: Holly Turnbull — Wisconsin-Eau Claire
              D: Meg Lahey — Elmira
              G: Kenzie Torpy — St. Thomas

Second Team
              F: Courtney Wittig — Wisconsin-Eau Claire
              F: Katie Granato — Elmira
              F: Leah Schwartzman — Hamline
              D: Kelly O’Sullivan – Adrian
              D: Samantha Benoit — Norwich
              G: Kassi Abbott — Plattsburgh

Third Team
              F: Rachel Anderson — St. Scholastica
              F: Courtney Moriarty — Plattsburgh
              F: Gina Scibetta — William Smith
              D: Hannah Kiraly — Plattsburgh
              D: Nikki Nightengale — Augsburg
              G: Jacque Rogers — Lake Forest

Rookie
              F: Molly Garin — Hamline
              F: Hailey Redders — Nazareth
              F: Eliza Beaudin — Elmira
              D: Stephanie Kubis — Nazareth
              D: Sierra Benjamin — Plattsburgh
              G: Denisa Jandová – Adrian

I agree with most of this. My only quibbles:

1) Sierra Benjamin on the Rookie squad over Hanna Rose who was the NEWHL Rookie of the Year.

2) I would have put Keeley Rose on the Rookie squad if we're going with multiple Naz players. I think she would have beat out Redders for points if she hadn't been moved to defensemen at the end of January.

LOL. Seriously, not ONE nescac player good enough to make any of these teams? Now that's funny

Comment

The nescac is heading in the wrong direction. It was a nice run

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadEnd65 View Post
                  Oh that big old they’ll let anyone in Plattsburgh... You’re are about to become my biatch......
                  Ohhh. Ok Joey.

Comment

The vote to amend the MIAC bylaws is today. Does anyone know if the results will be announced publicly? And which school is behind this and presumably trying to whip 9 votes to kick the Tommies out?

Comment

Latest info in this article that appeared in today's Star Tribune:

Does St. Thomas have a future in the MIAC?
                      http://www.startribune.com/does-st-t...iac/508730292/
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The vote to amend the MIAC bylaws is today. Does anyone know if the results will be announced publicly? And which school is behind this and presumably trying to whip 9 votes to kick the Tommies out?
                        There's a lot more discussion about this in the men's D3 thread...but appears no vote was taken, and they tabled it for a future meeting. I'm guessing that means the schools who want St Thomas out haven't gotten the votes yet. On the men's thread it was reported that Augsburg (ST Football beat 73-14), Hamline (62-0), St. Olaf (60-0) and Carleton (68-0) are behind the push and are threatening to pull their terrible football teams if the other MIAC schools don't get rid of St Thomas, which would leave the MIAC football conference without enough teams. Seems like a bunch of whiners upset that they suck.
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                          There's a lot more discussion about this in the men's D3 thread...but appears no vote was taken, and they tabled it for a future meeting. I'm guessing that means the schools who want St Thomas out haven't gotten the votes yet. On the men's thread it was reported that Augsburg (ST Football beat 73-14), Hamline (62-0), St. Olaf (60-0) and Carleton (68-0) are behind the push and are threatening to pull their terrible football teams if the other MIAC schools don't get rid of St Thomas, which would leave the MIAC football conference without enough teams. Seems like a bunch of whiners upset that they suck.
                          I ended up seeing student media at St Thomas reporting before the meeting that the vote was always meant to be in May, with today just being a chance to discuss it. They also reported that St Thomas wouldn’t need to leave until 2021, and Macalester (who pulled their football team from the conference in protest against St Thomas’ dominance) would rejoin if St Thomas is kicked out.
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            Back in the 70s Plattsburgh had football. In 1978 I went to a game against Cortland. By halftime Cortland lead 67-0. Needless to say, 1978 was the last season for Plattsburgh State football.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Nice article on Hamline's coach Natalie Darwitz.

Natalie Darwitz shining anew as Hamline's coach
                              http://www.startribune.com/natalie-d...ach/508971812/
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                I ended up seeing student media at St Thomas reporting before the meeting that the vote was always meant to be in May, with today just being a chance to discuss it. They also reported that St Thomas wouldn’t need to leave until 2021, and Macalester (who pulled their football team from the conference in protest against St Thomas’ dominance) would rejoin if St Thomas is kicked out.
                                Do these teams think that they will suddenly stop sucking at football if St Thomas isn't in the conference?
                                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                                X