Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
    Somewhat off topic but Hamline related: Hamline University is known as the “birthplace of intercollegiate basketball.” Hamline hosted and played in the world’s first intercollegiate basketball game on February 9, 1895. The Pipers took on the School of Agriculture, which was connected with the University of Minnesota, losing by a score of 9-3. Though the rules and the way the game was played are different from today’s game, the game was truly an historic moment, not only for Hamline, but for the future of collegiate basketball.
    As I recall, only 3 pointers counted back then. The School of Agriculture made three to Hamline's one.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      OMG! That's hilarious! If you read the whole thing you'll see that back in the 1920's when they decided to change their name from the Red and Gray, one of the options that was considered was The Cardinals! Now think about that for today's championship game!
      I love when two similar nickname teams match up, because that can never happen in the pros.

The SUNYAC has two Red Dragons which I always found bizarre. It’s just one of them doesn’t play hockey, so many of us don’t think about it.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
        Word at the game was ACL in practice on Thursday(?), she was dressed but did not seem to be moving well when skating on and off the ice but I did not see warm ups so I am not sure if she was able to try playing or not. But as for the game if you were a Hamline fan it would have been great. Hamline controlled play in the first with two goals and their goalie took over from there making a number of very tough saves in the second and third periods. UST not having their POY in goal was not the difference tonight, I am not aware she ever scored a goal and UST needed goals scored tonight. Unfortunate for her as a senior. On the other hand the two players that transferred from UST to Hamline two seasons ago now have a chance tomorrow at a National Championship.
        Biggest surprise was St. Thomas getting shut out. Hamline only had four shutouts all year, none against strong opponents.

Comment

Gotta ask....how do you pronounce Hamline? Hamline or Hamlin? NCAA announcer pronounced it Hamlin throughout the game..

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbunnell View Post
            Gotta ask....how do you pronounce Hamline? Hamline or Hamlin? NCAA announcer pronounced it Hamlin throughout the game..
            Drop the E. Hamlin is correct.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              I love when two similar nickname teams match up, because that can never happen in the pros.

The SUNYAC has two Red Dragons which I always found bizarre. It’s just one of them doesn’t play hockey, so many of us don’t think about it.
              I still don't understand how that happened. It's such a specific mascot. It's like if there was another Demon Deacons...

Comment

Here in Section 7 NYS high school, as small as it is has 3 schools that are Eagles. Two of them are bordering districts, Beekmantown and Chazy.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  I still don't understand how that happened. It's such a specific mascot. It's like if there was another Demon Deacons...
                  Even more bizarre — no other college in the country has the nickname Red Dragons.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

How many Tigers are there in the SEC?
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

If the NCAA 3rd place game goes OT, do they play unlimited 20s or 5 min followed by a shootout?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        If the NCAA 3rd place game goes OT, do they play unlimited 20s or 5 min followed by a shootout?
                        5 minute. Not sure on SO. Might just end in tie?
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          5 minute. Not sure on SO. Might just end in tie?
                          I also thought the 3rd place game goes to a shootout if tied after 5.

EDIT: Just read the manual. It would have gone to a shootout

Moot now.
                          Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-16-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

So the number one team in the nation doesn’t score a single goal in the frozen four? Wow!
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

So the number one team in the nation doesn’t score a single goal in the frozen four? Wow!
                              Would this be known as a PWR failure?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Plattsburgh up 1-0 after a pretty even first period. Shots are 8-7 in favor of Hamline

Comment

Working...
                                X