Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Interesting evening. Castleton ties Norwich 3-3, Lake Forest defeats Adrian 2-0
    Highlight of Castleton’s season. They played great team D and frustrated Norwich.
    Heard that coach Bolding was tearing a strip off his players on the bus

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
      Highlight of Castleton’s season. They played great team D and frustrated Norwich.
      Heard that coach Bolding was tearing a strip off his players on the bus
      If this is true hopefully one if the players recorded it with her phone. He has always struck me as a very arrogant man so this would not surprise me but if it's true he should be ashamed of himself for such immature and unprofessional behavior.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        If this is true hopefully one if the players recorded it with her phone. He has always struck me as a very arrogant man so this would not surprise me but if it's true he should be ashamed of himself for such immature and unprofessional behavior.
        Saw 3-4 girls crying on their way out of the rink. My guess is it could have started in the dressing room and kept going from there. A few folks that were there told me he was PO’d.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
          Saw 3-4 girls crying on their way out of the rink. My guess is it could have started in the dressing room and kept going from there. A few folks that were there told me he was PO’d.
          No class if this story is true but not a surprise either. Congrats to Castleton and their power play for their effort in earning the tie! They were 2 for 6 on the PP while Norwich was only 1 for 6 on theirs. And in front of their home fans too! Well done!

          Comment


          • Re: D3 18-19 season

            I am not a Cadet partisan and do not really know Coach Bolding. Over the years he has always been generous with his time, taking a moment to chat before or after games. I would characterize him as confident (11th season, 245-62-20 or .780 win %, 2 DIII titles) rather than arrogant. Norwich has had a frustrating season. A team with so much talent is under achieving.

            Congrats to Castleton and goalie Willis (45/48) on their effort.

            Comment


            • Re: D3 18-19 season

              Originally posted by obserbear View Post
              I am not a Cadet partisan and do not really know Coach Bolding. Over the years he has always been generous with his time, taking a moment to chat before or after games. I would characterize him as confident (11th season, 245-62-20 or .780 win %, 2 DIII titles) rather than arrogant. Norwich has had a frustrating season. A team with so much talent is under achieving.

              Congrats to Castleton and goalie Willis (45/48) on their effort.
              As I mentioned in a prior post...Norwich is really not a very good team. Should [but won't] fall out of Top 10 after this weeks performance.

              Comment


              • Re: D3 18-19 season

                Some notes from the NCAA Convention that wrapped up today.

                1) DIII Coaches and athletic departments can now friend/follow prospective student athletes as well as like/favorite a prospective student athlete's social media posts. This was previously ruled as impermissible contact





                2) It will now be mandatory for athletic departments to publish student athlete graduation rates





                3) Regarding pre-enrollment educational expenses, prospective student athletes will be allowed to receive educational expenses from an entity or individual other than an agent, profesiional sports team or rep of an institution's athletics interest and still be considered an amateur eligible to play.




                4) UW-River Falls received the 2019 Award for Diversity and Inclusion
                Scott Henkle
                SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

                Proud alumn of WQKE


                GO CARDS!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  If this is true hopefully one if the players recorded it with her phone. He has always struck me as a very arrogant man so this would not surprise me but if it's true he should be ashamed of himself for such immature and unprofessional behavior.
                  Getting on your team for lack of effort, etc is now “immature and unprofessional”? I participate more on the men’s board than here, but I read here daily. You’ve had an ax to grind with Coach Bolding for years, and haven’t even made the slightest effort to hide it.

                  I AM a Cadet partisan. You could call Mark Bolding some things, but arrogant isn’t one of them.
                  Last edited by KrbFlint; 01-26-2019, 02:14 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bearcat View Post
                    As I mentioned in a prior post...Norwich is really not a very good team. Should [but won't] fall out of Top 10 after this weeks performance.
                    15-4-2 overall, 12-0-1 in the NEHC. Brutal OOC schedule. A win over Adrian. I totally agree that this isn’t the same Norwich team as last year, but “not very good” is a totally absurd exaggeration. Pump the brakes.

                    Comment


                    • Re: D3 18-19 season

                      Movement in the Pairwise rankings. Plattsburgh now number one after the St Thomas win and tie with Concordia Moorehead and two Plattsburgh wins over Oswego.


                      "FEAR THE BIRD!"

                      Comment


                      • Re: D3 18-19 season

                        Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                        15-4-2 overall, 12-0-1 in the NEHC. Brutal OOC schedule. A win over Adrian. I totally agree that this isn’t the same Norwich team as last year, but “not very good” is a totally absurd exaggeration. Pump the brakes.
                        Their league schedule is laughable, so they are forced to play a tough OOC schedule. Having seen them play, they are simply not that good. If they played in the 'Cac night in, night out, they would have a .500 record like half that conf. does. Fact.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bearcat View Post
                          Their league schedule is laughable, so they are forced to play a tough OOC schedule. Having seen them play, they are simply not that good. If they played in the 'Cac night in, night out, they would have a .500 record like half that conf. does. Fact.
                          Correct, their league schedule is laughable, which is exactly why they play the OOC schedule that they do. It has certainly benefitted and prepared them in the past.

                          You’re not the only one who has seen them play. Conway is one of the best players in the entire country. When you’ve got a great record and a superstar you’re pretty good. I’m not arguing that they’re down from where they’ve been recently; they are. I just think saying “they aren’t very good” is laughable, to use your word.
                          Last edited by KrbFlint; 01-27-2019, 12:20 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            Movement in the Pairwise rankings. Plattsburgh now number one after the St Thomas win and tie with Concordia Moorehead and two Plattsburgh wins over Oswego.
                            Plattsburgh wasn't tested and easily dialed it in for the sweep against an Oswego team that doesn't look as good as in the past but this whole conference is a joke other than Plattsburgh. How do they stay motivated or awake for these types games?!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              Plattsburgh wasn't tested and easily dialed it in for the sweep against an Oswego team that doesn't look as good as in the past but this whole conference is a joke other than Plattsburgh. How do they stay motivated or awake for these types games?!!
                              Very true, but most of the conferences are the same after the top teams. Plattsburgh's OOC schedule is one of the toughest for this reason. Their SOS is first even with the weak conference. St Thomas should have won that game.


                              "FEAR THE BIRD!"

                              Comment


                              • Re: D3 18-19 season

                                Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                Their SOS is first even with the weak conference.
                                Maybe not the best scientific way to rank the conferences, but based on average RPI:

                                1 NEWHL .5684
                                2 NESCAC .5461
                                3 WIAC .5399
                                4 MIAC .5224
                                5 CHC .4915
                                6 NCHA .4809
                                7 UCHC .4790
                                8 NEHC .4637

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X