Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

The UW Kato Saturday tilt is on FSN Plus live and tape delay on FS WI @ 4am. I'll probably dvr the one Monday @ 4am and re-watch due to the better video clarity.

Crazy facts of the century...
    When is the last time UW and Kato played and both had winning records? I'm guessing never.
    When is the last time a Kato goalie had a better save % than the UW goalie? I'm going with never on that one too.
    When's the last time UW played an opponent 8 games into the season and the opponent had a 0% PP? Sticking with never.
    When's the last time UW played an opponent 8 games into the season and the opponent has a 100% PK. Probably never.
    When'a the last time UW played Kato and Kato was averaging more goals than they were allowing? Noch nie.

It's going to be a very interesting series. UW better come out hot and fast and never take the skate off the pedal, MSU's got a SSM alum in goal and she has awesome numbers. This may not be the typical MSU beatdown.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

BTW: Cyber-stalking the UW womens team on Instagram (not really, but once you click on something/someone on Instagram, it continues to 'suggest' other posts to you), there was a photo of four or so in "Orange Is The New Black" Halloween costumes, and Clark was still wearing a 'walking boot'. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        BTW: Cyber-stalking the UW womens team on Instagram (not really, but once you click on something/someone on Instagram, it continues to 'suggest' other posts to you), there was a photo of four or so in "Orange Is The New Black" Halloween costumes, and Clark was still wearing a 'walking boot'. :-(
        Great detective work. I don't think it's cyber-stalking if your are drilling public accounts. If MJ would just tell us player X is out for 6-8 weeks, that would be enough. But he doesn't so we have to do a little research.

Comment

....Clark was still wearing a 'walking boot'. :-(
          Where the 'walking boot' got it's name: https://youtu.be/MnQcExGaEvk
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

....Clark was still wearing a 'walking boot'. :-(
            Where the 'walking boot' got it's name: https://youtu.be/MnQcExGaEvk
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

sorry to hear that. hope she heals up 100% with no long-term damage

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Crazy facts of the century...
                When is the last time UW and Kato played and both had winning records? I'm guessing never.
                Never is a long time. I think 1/27/2007 is the most recent, but I may have missed something. MSU wasn't always the worst team in the league.

When is the last time a Kato goalie had a better save % than the UW goalie? I'm going with never on that one too.
                I doubt you'd be correct. Shari Vogt was pretty good and finished with a better save % than a UW goalie for the season more than once. I'm too lazy to try to figure out what her save % was going into any individual game, but it is likely that if she wound up with a better percentage, it was true also for some game.

When's the last time UW played an opponent 8 games into the season and the opponent had a 0% PP? Sticking with never.
                When's the last time UW played an opponent 8 games into the season and the opponent has a 100% PK. Probably never.
                These are getting to be entirely too much work. You can research this one yourself.

When's the last time UW played Kato and Kato was averaging more goals than they were allowing? Noch nie.
                Not sure if it was the last time, but MSU was on the plus side of the differential heading into the game on 1/27/2007. There may have been a weaker Mavericks team that was still scoring more than allowing for some early season meeting.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Eight times in ten losses last year, and now four times in five losses this year, Wisconsin has won the first set. That can't be 'coincidence', and it drives me nuts. How, why is that happening? Win the first set, and lose the match. Figure that out, fix that, and the sky is the limit.

The Gophers this year are really, really good.
                  tell me about it ...thus far into this puck season:
                  the Gophers beat UMD the first night, tied the second
                  beat OSU the first night, lost the second
                  beat UW the first night, lost the second

my assumption when this happens:
                  the opposing coach has made adjustments that your coach wasn't able to counter
                  the opposing team was highly motivated (confidence?) believing they could come back and beat them

in short, the better team (players, coaches) usually prevails in the end

of course, the end doesn't come until March

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    tell me about it ...thus far into this puck season:
                    the Gophers beat UMD the first night, tied the second
                    beat OSU the first night, lost the second
                    beat UW the first night, lost the second

my assumption when this happens:
                    the opposing coach has made adjustments that your coach wasn't able to counter
                    the opposing team was highly motivated (confidence?) believing they could come back and beat them

in short, the better team (players, coaches) usually prevails in the end

of course, the end doesn't come until March
                    The "really really good" comment was in reference to women's volleyball and this year's Minnesota team.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Never is a long time. I think 1/27/2007 is the most recent, but I may have missed something. MSU wasn't always the worst team in the league.

I doubt you'd be correct. Shari Vogt was pretty good and finished with a better save % than a UW goalie for the season more than once. I'm too lazy to try to figure out what her save % was going into any individual game, but it is likely that if she wound up with a better percentage, it was true also for some game.

These are getting to be entirely too much work. You can research this one yourself.

Not sure if it was the last time, but MSU was on the plus side of the differential heading into the game on 1/27/2007. There may have been a weaker Mavericks team that was still scoring more than allowing for some early season meeting.
                      At least I made you look most of them up....LOL.

Comment

Totally spaced it Gardner and Pankowski are gone this weekend. Now I am FREAKING OUT!

Comment

I love that Shirley-Roque-Curl line SO MUCH.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerPete View Post
                            I love that Shirley-Roque-Curl line SO MUCH.

That is all.
                            I do as well, though I pondered the thought of breaking them up mixing them and the Shaver line with them to get more scoring out of that line, maybe flip Shirley and Norby. Maybe wait until Clark gets back though.

Very happy to see them play great D and score enough to escape Mankato missing 3 top end players. A week off is good right now, certainly gets us a week closer to Clark returning.

Comment

@ToddMilewski #Badgers women's hockey gets a commit from 14-year-old goalie Ava McNaughton from Pittsburgh Penguins Elite.

Welcome to the den Ava!

Next weekend is no gimme weekend playing the Beavers, at least they are at home. I'm assuming Gardner and Pankowski will be back. We can only hope Clark will be too.

I'm out of town, so I have given my tickets away, or am trying to. The Fridays are gone, I still have the Saturdays.
                              Last edited by Timothy A; 11-11-2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

@ToddMilewski #Badgers women's hockey gets a commit from 14-year-old goalie Ava McNaughton from Pittsburgh Penguins Elite.

Welcome to the den Ava!

Back in the country and have updated the spreadsheet with Ava's commitment.

I feel like I have missed a few others, so let me know who else I may have missed.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X