Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Right, it just needs to be evened out more.
    The only way you're going to even it out is by playing more of your non-conference games on the road. If you have a WCHA schedule with seven series after New Year's, then some teams are going to have to play four of them on the road. You aren't special, so there's no reason it shouldn't be you. You played a lot of extra home games during the first half because you played 80% of your non-conference schedule, all of which you scheduled early, at LaBahn,

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
      The only way you're going to even it out is by playing more of your non-conference games on the road. If you have a WCHA schedule with seven series after New Year's, then some teams are going to have to play four of them on the road. You aren't special, so there's no reason it shouldn't be you. You played a lot of extra home games during the first half because you played 80% of your non-conference schedule, all of which you scheduled early, at LaBahn,
      All I'd like is UW to schedule a N/C home series in February or even the first series in January. It's not that complicated.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
        It should be noted that the Lindenwood series was originally scheduled to be played at Lindenwood, but got changed to Madison because of 'scheduling conflicts' at Lindenwood. (Or maybe it was some sort of 'make good' payback for the canceled game at Lindenwood two years ago.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          It should be noted that the Lindenwood series was originally scheduled to be played at Lindenwood, but got changed to Madison because of 'scheduling conflicts' at Lindenwood. (Or maybe it was some sort of 'make good' payback for the canceled game at Lindenwood two years ago.)
          Was that the carbon monoxide debacle or maybe that was at Ohio State? I can't remember...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
            Was that the carbon monoxide debacle or maybe that was at Ohio State? I can't remember...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
            Yes, the cancelled game at Lindenwood was the 'carbon monoxide' weekend. Friday's game was played, after which a number of players and coaches ended up at the hospital, so the game scheduled for Saturday was cancelled.

Comment

Updated the recruiting spreadsheet with Payton Holloway, Left Wing for the Madison Capitols committing to the Badgers for '22-'23.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                Updated the recruiting spreadsheet with Payton Holloway, Left Wing for the Madison Capitols committing to the Badgers for '22-'23.
                I totally missed that one, what site did you come across it? I'm just trying to figure out where I went wrong. My Tweeter is pretty overloaded with the awesome Closs news.

Comment

I totally missed that one, what site did you come across it? I'm just trying to figure out where I went wrong. My Tweeter is pretty overloaded with the awesome Closs news.
                  I saw it earlier today on @WHockey Committs...
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

so did OSU play with legal uniforms or did they come up with some other shannonigan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      I saw it earlier today on @WHockey Committs...
                      Thanks, that't where I assumed it came from.

Anyway, it was good to get a convincing win in game 2 after apparently playing well enough to win the first game, though it sounded like the ref's really gave UW the butt end of the stick in game 1, really denying them the chance to get into a groove being on the PK so much.

I don't think this weekend's series is as BIG as usual, simply because UM and UW don't have Clarkson or BC nipping at their heels for home ice in the ncaa's, just maybe NE. Maybe a pairwise expert can project how a sweep either way would affect 2-4 pairwise spots. Obviously the WCHA crown is clearly in the balance, but to me it's secondary to getting home ice in the ncaa's. UM has games at hand until mid February when it all balances out to see the WCHA title clearly.

It's really interesting that Clark isn't right near the top of the scoring stats, if you extrapolate her points as if she played in all 22 games, she'd have 19 (Roque has 27, Pankowski 24, Shirley 22, she's be 4th). She's definitely a sleeping giant on the scoresheet, though he speed and tenacity always make her a great PK and 2 way player.

It's also a little surprising that Shirley and Curl as so far up the scoresheet. Not that they aren't talented, but I thought the upper-classmen would just be more of a factor in scoring. It was very smart of MJ to stick Roque with these 2, whoever plays with her will get plenty of chances. Even with only 6 goals, she could be the MVP of the team considering how she's impacted Curl and Shirley.

Comment

Thanks, that't where I assumed it came from.

Anyway, it was good to get a convincing win in game 2 after apparently playing well enough to win the first game, though it sounded like the ref's really gave UW the butt end of the stick in game 1, really denying them the chance to get into a groove being on the PK so much.

I don't think this weekend's series is as BIG as usual, simply because UM and UW don't have Clarkson or BC nipping at their heels for home ice in the ncaa's, just maybe NE. Maybe a pairwise expert can project how a sweep either way would affect 2-4 pairwise spots. Obviously the WCHA crown is clearly in the balance, but to me it's secondary to getting home ice in the ncaa's. UM has games at hand until mid February when it all balances out to see the WCHA title clearly.

It's really interesting that Clark isn't right near the top of the scoring stats, if you extrapolate her points as if she played in all 22 games, she'd have 19 (Roque has 27, Pankowski 24, Shirley 22, she's be 4th). She's definitely a sleeping giant on the scoresheet, though he speed and tenacity always make her a great PK and 2 way player.

It's also a little surprising that Shirley and Curl as so far up the scoresheet. Not that they aren't talented, but I thought the upper-classmen would just be more of a factor in scoring. It was very smart of MJ to stick Roque with these 2, whoever plays with her will get plenty of chances. Even with only 6 goals, she could be the MVP of the team considering how she's impacted Curl and Shirley.
                        Did you get a chance to see the IIHF U18 gold medal game? Thought you might comment on how well the Wisconsin recruits did in this game and the tournament. Maddi Wheeler with the overtime winner for Canada. Webster with a goal in the game. Webster the leading scorer for Team USA and Wheeler tied with Guay (bc recruit) for leading scorer for Canada.

Comment

Did you get a chance to see the IIHF U18 gold medal game? Thought you might comment on how well the Wisconsin recruits did in this game and the tournament. Maddi Wheeler with the overtime winner for Canada. Webster with a goal in the game. Webster the leading scorer for Team USA and Wheeler tied with Guay (bc recruit) for leading scorer for Canada.
                          I was planning on doing the digging on the stats to see how well they all did, I appreciate the slice of info. Sounding a little greedy, but I was hoping O'Brien and Webster were going to score more, it seemed to me on twitter that the UM recruits were doing most of the scoring. I should be following Canada's U18 on twitter, but Coach Krum always favs or R/T's when Canadian UW recruits do good things. She was doing quite a bit of retweeting in regards to Grace Shirley, maybe that road is still open, who knows.

Comment

Sounding a little greedy, but I was hoping O'Brien and Webster were going to score more, it seemed to me on twitter that the UM recruits were doing most of the scoring.
                            Certainly not most of the scoring but some of it. Crowell did not have Murphy, O'Brien, and Webster together early in the tournament but then put them back together later on. I suppose they were trying to spread the scoring out a bit across the lines but those three together are very dynamic. I also think that Crowell overplayed her top two lines in the gold medal game to the point that Team USA looked gassed. Maybe that could be a reason why they took a couple of critical holding penalties which bit them in the rear as far as allowing the tying and winning goals.

Comment

. I also think that Crowell overplayed her top two lines in the gold medal game to the point that Team USA looked gassed. Maybe that could be a reason why they took a couple of critical holding penalties which bit them in the rear as far as allowing the tying and winning goals.
                              I guess she's not used to being able to trust the 3rd line and maybe the 4th from her coaching experience.

Comment

I was planning on doing the digging on the stats to see how well they all did, I appreciate the slice of info. Sounding a little greedy, but I was hoping O'Brien and Webster were going to score more, it seemed to me on twitter that the UM recruits were doing most of the scoring. I should be following Canada's U18 on twitter, but Coach Krum always favs or R/T's when Canadian UW recruits do good things. She was doing quite a bit of retweeting in regards to Grace Shirley, maybe that road is still open, who knows.
                                Per this article Grace Shirley will be a Badger next year.
                                https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...hips-1.4976651

Comment

Working...
                                X