X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    A win is a win is a win. 1-0-0
    Yep. UW outshot them 46-8 or so and yes they did dominate territorially. Lindenwood was in mid-season form in their own D zone, just not allowing any clean looks in the middle once UW established possession.

Lindenwood goals....goal 1 on the 2 on 1, I didn't see where the 2nd D was that she wasn't in position to make it a 2 on 2. Shirley was in the area by the blue-line cycling, but then they got out clean. I thought the shooter would pass, but it was a snipe from not too far out glove side high, great goal by them, one you'd still like to stop with a big save. Goal 2 was scored by UW on their behalf. I have never seen a team score on themselves on a delayed penalty before, but now I have, the puck caromed out of Lindenwoods' corner and headed straight for the UW net and UW couldn't catch up to it.

UW goals...goal 1 a great feed from Roque to Shirley on the back door deep in transition. They missed on the same play earlier in the game. Goal 2 during a period of massive in tight pressure, off a scrum in front, did they change it to Curl? Goal 3 total blocker side snipe by Clark on the PP from the high slot.

UW actually used 7 D and spotted Rowe in as the 7th d, which answers the question of will she play D or F, at least temporarily. LaMantia played with Stephen in William's spot and she looked great. She even got PP time and she looked like a vet out there, played with a lot of confidence.

UW F lines
    Mauermann Clark Pankowski
    Cogan Roque Shirley
    Schneider Shaver Norby
    Curl Drake Pettet

Scratches
    DeVito Posick Hanzlik

For the first game they looked decent enough, not polished in midseason form, but no one looked out of place. Overall their speed jumped out at me more than anything. The Roque line overall from my vantage point seemed to have the best chemistry, Roque is such a deft passer, she needs to be on Team USA in 4 years. Clark and Pankowski obviously stood out, on the PK they were dominant as a pair. Shirley and Curl fit right in, both have a nose for the net and put themselves in good position away from the puck to create chances.

Only dressed 2 goalies, Campbell and Blesi, they always dress 3. Wondering out loud if that means RS for both Kronish and Cece? Maybe one or both are injured? Time will tell on this front.

It was a good win in that they had to overcome adversity, and that will build confidence for the future.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Yep. UW outshot them 46-8 or so and yes they did dominate territorially. Lindenwood was in mid-season form in their own D zone, just not allowing any clean looks in the middle once UW established possession.

Lindenwood goals....goal 1 on the 2 on 1, I didn't see where the 2nd D was that she wasn't in position to make it a 2 on 2. Shirley was in the area by the blue-line cycling, but then they got out clean. I thought the shooter would pass, but it was a snipe from not too far out glove side high, great goal by them, one you'd still like to stop with a big save. Goal 2 was scored by UW on their behalf. I have never seen a team score on themselves on a delayed penalty before, but now I have, the puck caromed out of Lindenwoods' corner and headed straight for the UW net and UW couldn't catch up to it.

UW goals...goal 1 a great feed from Roque to Shirley on the back door deep in transition. They missed on the same play earlier in the game. Goal 2 during a period of massive in tight pressure, off a scrum in front, did they change it to Curl? Goal 3 total blocker side snipe by Clark on the PP from the high slot.

UW actually used 7 D and spotted Rowe in as the 7th d, which answers the question of will she play D or F, at least temporarily. LaMantia played with Stephen in William's spot and she looked great. She even got PP time and she looked like a vet out there, played with a lot of confidence.

UW F lines
      Mauermann Clark Pankowski
      Cogan Roque Shirley
      Schneider Shaver Norby
      Curl Drake Pettet

Scratches
      DeVito Posick Hanzlik

For the first game they looked decent enough, not polished in midseason form, but no one looked out of place. Overall their speed jumped out at me more than anything. The Roque line overall from my vantage point seemed to have the best chemistry, Roque is such a deft passer, she needs to be on Team USA in 4 years. Clark and Pankowski obviously stood out, on the PK they were dominant as a pair. Shirley and Curl fit right in, both have a nose for the net and put themselves in good position away from the puck to create chances.

Only dressed 2 goalies, Campbell and Blesi, they always dress 3. Wondering out loud if that means RS for both Kronish and Cece? Maybe one or both are injured? Time will tell on this front.

It was a good win in that they had to overcome adversity, and that will build confidence for the future.
      I’m not familiar with red shirt rules...when are they required to say if a player is redshirting? I assumed Kronish wasn’t redshirting when she appeared on the roster, but is that not the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
        I’m not familiar with red shirt rules...when are they required to say if a player is redshirting? I assumed Kronish wasn’t redshirting when she appeared on the roster, but is that not the case?
        (I'm not sure about goalies "dressing" but not playing, but...) generally someone can play in up to 1/3rd of games overall, but none in the second half of a season and still be allowed to redshirt. That way, if somebody gets hurt in the teth hockey game, or third football game, etc., they don't lose a full season due to the injury.

------------------------

Lats year's season started with "only" a 3-1 win over Lindenwood, and that team turned out pretty OK. (They followed that up with a 4-0 win the next day.)

Comment

There are regular redshirts and medical redshirts. I think that they have to document the medical redshirt and appeal it, but as robertearle says, there is a ratio regarding how much of the first half of the season can be played. I think that there is even some wiggle room with medical redshirts, in terms of when the NCAA will grant a waiver.

For a regular redshirt, a player may dress, but as soon as she appears in a game, the option of a redshirt is lost.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            (I'm not sure about goalies "dressing" but not playing, but...) generally someone can play in up to 1/3rd of games overall, but none in the second half of a season and still be allowed to redshirt. That way, if somebody gets hurt in the teth hockey game, or third football game, etc., they don't lose a full season due to the injury.

------------------------

Lats year's season started with "only" a 3-1 win over Lindenwood, and that team turned out pretty OK. (They followed that up with a 4-0 win the next day.)
            And a 6-0 win today!

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
              And a 6-0 win today!

I felt a little bad for the Lindenwood goalie; freshman starting her first game gives up a goal on the first shot she sees. But she did really well afterward. The only "cheapie" was the change-up shot from Steffen (?). Lindenwood is not at all bad. They'll win some games in CHA.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                I felt a little bad for the Lindenwood goalie; freshman starting her first game gives up a goal on the first shot she sees. But she did really well afterward. The only "cheapie" was the change-up shot from Steffen (?). Lindenwood is not at all bad. They'll win some games in CHA.
                Lindenwood has come along way from years ago. They played great D zone coverage and both goalies played very well.

Interesting measuring stick series playing Mercyhurst after the rodents did, though UW going on the road and them getting them at home won't quite be an apples to apples comparison. Last year UW on the road was not the same team at all vs home in looking at GF and GA. It will be interesting to see how this year's team does on the road.

I feel bad, but I didn't even notice Blesi got into the game Saturday. I noticed a different helmet, both thought that I just wasn't used to Soup's new one. Good to see her get some action. No Cece dressed again.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Interesting measuring stick series playing Mercyhurst after the rodents did
                  Wisconsin's depth will be a problem for Mercyhurst just like Minnesota's was. Probably will be similar results to what Minnesota did. Mercyhurst has a ridiculous schedule.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Anyone questioning just how good this Wisconsin team is take a look at their 4th line (Curl-Drake-Pettet). That line would be the 1st line for at least half of D1 this year. Their depth is off the charts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydad23 View Post
                      Anyone questioning just how good this Wisconsin team is take a look at their 4th line (Curl-Drake-Pettet). That line would be the 1st line for at least half of D1 this year. Their depth is off the charts!!!
                      I won't argue with you.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydad23 View Post

And with a "WCHA Offensive Player of the Week" from last year playing defense.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeydad23
                          Their depth is off the charts!!!
                          Don't know if it was intended but I like the pun...

Comment

Nice article on the Victory Press about Pankowski. I don't think she's quite over the cut from the Olympics last year after reading.

Comment

I can't wait to see the lines for this weekend, will they makes any changes? Will they bring 3 goalies?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Nice article on the Victory Press about Pankowski. I don't think she's quite over the cut from the Olympics last year after reading.
                                Nicole Haase has been doing a very good job with these NCAA Highlight articles. Some interesting information on what it was like for Pankowski after being cut from Team USA.

Link...https://victorypress.org/2018/10/03/...nie-pankowski/

Comment

Working...
                                X