Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

    Let's gooooo
    43
    BC over Minnesota
    20.93%
    9
    BC over Wisconsin
    6.98%
    3
    Clarkson over Minnesota
    4.65%
    2
    Clarkson over Wisconsin
    4.65%
    2
    Minnesota over BC
    25.58%
    11
    Minnesota over Clarkson
    4.65%
    2
    Wisconsin over BC
    27.91%
    12
    Wisconsin over Clarkson
    4.65%
    2
    Whichever is cheaper
    0.00%
    0

    The poll is expired.

    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14


    Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

  • #2
    Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

    By the way, I know several of you are interested in this -- the semifinals are ticketed separately, allowing you to leave and re-enter between games.

    I'm not sure how nobody thought of ticketing the games separately before this, that seems like the perfect way to do this logistically.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14


    Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

      I think Minnesota and Wisconsin are pretty equal except ARD is the deciding factor for them moving to the final. BC has too much firepower for Clarkson and I also think for even Wisconsin. This does seem like their year.

      If it would happen that Minnesota were able to get by Wisconsin and join BC in the final that would probably, from a pure offensive standpoint, be the most entertaining matchup.
      “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

        I made my prediction months ago and taken a load of grief because of it, I'll stick with it anyway.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

          The only thing I know about the 2nd semifinal is that either Minnesota or Wisconsin will DEFINITELY win.

          I have no idea which one though. Wicked compelling matchup.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14


          Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

            Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            The only thing I know about the 2nd semifinal is that either Minnesota or Wisconsin will DEFINITELY win.

            I have no idea which one though. Wicked compelling matchup.
            I think a BC/UM matchup would be a race hose game, up and down with lots of great plays; might end up 7-5 with an empty netter at the end. A BC/UW game would be a lot lower scoring I think. It will depend on how the games are called though. UW looks to have decided that the physical game is key & if they are allowed free rein they win rather easily. If the refs call by the rules they will have a much tougher time of it. I do hope this is not the future of womens hockey.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

              Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              I made my prediction months ago and taken a load of grief because of it...
              And rightly so.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

                Originally posted by ARM View Post
                And rightly so.
                I admit my reason for making the call was not reality based & you know that. But here it is March and my choosing UW over UM does not look unrealistic. I am much more concerned about the coming years as it looks like W is loaded for the future. I remember the last championship streak they were on & their fans were obnoxious, I have tried really hard not to be that way while M was on top. I hope not to have to deal with the previous stuff again.

                BTW - I did take steps to try to undo the damage that made me pick W but this field is all new to me so I don't know if it was the right thing to do or if it will work.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

                  Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                  But here it is March and my choosing UW over UM does not look unrealistic.
                  Being a fan is not about being correct.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

                    Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                    I admit my reason for making the call was not reality based & you know that. But here it is March and my choosing UW over UM does not look unrealistic. I am much more concerned about the coming years as it looks like W is loaded for the future. I remember the last championship streak they were on & their fans were obnoxious, I have tried really hard not to be that way while M was on top. I hope not to have to deal with the previous stuff again.

                    BTW - I did take steps to try to undo the damage that made me pick W but this field is all new to me so I don't know if it was the right thing to do or if it will work.
                    Your underselling Minnesota future me thinks...
                    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

                      Of course, I want to see Wisconsin play BC.

                      But I'd also love to see a game between Minn and BC.

                      Can we do it as an Olympics-style round-robin group play thing?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

                        Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        I remember the last championship streak they were on & their fans were obnoxious, I have tried really hard not to be that way while M was on top.

                        So then that must not have been you sitting behind me at LaBahn last season.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

                          Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          I think a BC/UM matchup would be a race horse game, up and down with lots of great plays; might end up 7-5 with an empty netter at the end.
                          I feel like this whole BC run has finally set up for us to get the BC/UM game we all deserve. As much as Wisconsin is equally as good as the Gophers.

                          I am SO EXCITED you guys.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14


                          Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

                            Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            I feel like this whole BC run has finally set up for us to get the BC/UM game we all deserve. As much as Wisconsin is equally as good as the Gophers.

                            I am SO EXCITED you guys.
                            Grant, other than a four overtime game, do you have a preference? You'd rather see Minn than Wisconsin?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

                              Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Grant, other than a four overtime game, do you have a preference? You'd rather see Minn than Wisconsin?
                              I've been going back and forth between who I'd rather play as far as who I think we're more likely to beat and I'm at the point now where it really doesn't make a difference from that perspective.

                              As far as who I want to play from an entertainment perspective, I have to admit I would rather it be the Gophers. It just feel like it's built up to this for years... And like ne7minder said, that would be a breathless up and down game.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14


                              Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X