Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2016 NCAA Frozen Four

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    Timothy A, just pray you don't get HE refs, as they will want to become part of the game! They'll call you for hooking when you lift the stick up to prevent a slap shot! forget about incidental contact......Hail Mary, ........
    If true then Gopher fans should pray that we DO get HE refs. They might actually call some of the flagrant stick work, interference and holding tactics that Wisconsin uses to slow the game down and create turnovers.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Well they don't seem to call a lot of that stuff on Providence, and that is the main stay of Deraney's hockey style! Maine to some extent, but I must admit, if I were coaching I'd use as much as I was given by the ref.....It's the incidental contact calls that drive me nuts! Let the players use "equal pressure" or the occasional body squeeze against the boards.....just not open ice checking!

Comment

Nobody is really giving Clarkson a chance against BC and that could be dangerous for BC. BC hasn't faced any of the top teams in the nation, except Northeastern, and they haven't faced a defense anything close to that of what Clarkson can play. Regardless, Clarkson will be a huge underdog and that's not at all inappropriate.

The biggest thing in BC's favor, besides the obvious firepower, should be the big ice surface. It won't play well to Clarkson's style and it should open up more space for BC's talented forwards. I watched the BC/NU game prior to the CCT/QU game starting and those ladies are crazy good.

I'll be rooting for the upset on Friday and at the very least, I think it will be a game. I'm considering the trip up to Durham but I've got to move the girlfriend slowly through the week to "you want to go where?!?!?!?" which is her current stance. It doesn't help that I went up to the North Country to see the men this past weekend.
        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
        12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          If true then Gopher fans should pray that we DO get HE refs. They might actually call some of the flagrant stick work, interference and holding tactics that Wisconsin uses to slow the game down and create turnovers.
          HEA refs did the QU/CCT game last week and the QU announcers even mentioned how they were calling a great game. Personally, I'm hoping for HEA refs in the final.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
            Are you related to Ted?

Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Ted?

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Nobody is really giving Clarkson a chance against BC and that could be dangerous for BC. BC hasn't faced any of the top teams in the nation, except Northeastern, and they haven't faced a defense anything close to that of what Clarkson can play. Regardless, Clarkson will be a huge underdog and that's not at all inappropriate.

The biggest thing in BC's favor, besides the obvious firepower, should be the big ice surface. It won't play well to Clarkson's style and it should open up more space for BC's talented forwards. I watched the BC/NU game prior to the CCT/QU game starting and those ladies are crazy good.

I'll be rooting for the upset on Friday and at the very least, I think it will be a game. I'm considering the trip up to Durham but I've got to move the girlfriend slowly through the week to "you want to go where?!?!?!?" which is her current stance. It doesn't help that I went up to the North Country to see the men this past weekend.
                There may be a stray Minnesota fan here or there with a memory who is giving Clarkson a chance, although this is clearly a different year! I get the feeling that Clarkson is well coached.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                  you people from MN......................
                  why can't you just be happy with you're great team, its huge following and great attendance numbers at home. it's something that every East team wish they had.
                  Yes, I want to be this!

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                  anyway, good luck this weekend to all 4 teams.
                  Seconded.

Comment

That Ted ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      There may be a stray Minnesota fan here or there with a memory who is giving Clarkson a chance, although this is clearly a different year! I get the feeling that Clarkson is well coached.
                      This is a different Clarkson team without the offensive firepower of the 2014 team. However, this team is better defensively in my opinion, especially since Ambrose was injured in the 2014 FF. They are definitely well coached. I've seen the team come out flat or just plain old get beat over the past few years, but I've never seen them without a good game plan. I didn't give the 2014 team a chance at beating Minnesota and, to this day, I think they benefitted from the Gophers having a tougher semifinal game, but they certainly came out with a plan.

On a side note, if Clarkson doesn't win, I'll definitely be rooting for the Gophers. As much as we like to woof and give each other a hard time on these boards, the Gopher fans in Hamden were a great group.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        That Ted ^^^
                        Sorry Grant. No idea who that Ted is. I do know Joe and Vic though.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Maybe it'll turn out to be nothing but BC, aside from able to enjoy the big ice with their offense, will be the only team familiar with Lake Whitt! Most of their team has played on it at least 5 or 6 times, which has got to give them the advantage when you're talking ice and board play.....right TTT20? 🤔🤓🖖

Comment

Sorry Grant. No idea who that Ted is. I do know Joe and Vic though.
                            See post #38 for a glimps of Ted.
                            Thanks for the vote of confidence in the poll for the Knights Fireknight . But I still think they beat Wisconsin in the final.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Maybe it'll turn out to be nothing but BC, aside from able to enjoy the big ice with their offense, will be the only team familiar with Lake Whitt! Most of their team has played on it at least 5 or 6 times, which has got to give them the advantage when you're talking ice and board play.....right TTT20? ������
                              Funny enough, I feel like BC hasn't scored as much as I'd expect them to at Lake Whit. This year they won 3-0 in their game, only outshooting UNH 27-24.

Last year was a bit better at 4-0 (42-21) and 5-0 (28-18).

Great shutouts but the shot totals were baffling except for the one game.

Comment

Maybe it'll turn out to be nothing but BC, aside from able to enjoy the big ice with their offense, will be the only team familiar with Lake Whitt! Most of their team has played on it at least 5 or 6 times, which has got to give them the advantage when you're talking ice and board play.....right TTT20? ������
                                The WCHA teams all play at the National Hockey Center in St. Cloud, which has Olympic sized ice. Both have access to an Olympic, or near-Olympic, sized rink to practice on this week. So, while BC might have an advantage in things that are unique to the Whitt, the size of the rink won't be one of them.
                                Last edited by Eeyore; 03-14-2016, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X