Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenway in January - It's Official

~ FENWAY PARK TO HOST HOCKEY EAST DOUBLEHEADER ON JANUARY 8, 2010 ~

BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox, Fenway Sports Group and the Hockey East Association announced Thursday that historic Fenway Park will host a Hockey East doubleheader on Friday, January 8, 2010.

Boston College and Boston University will face off in the men’s game at 7:30 p.m., while Northeastern University and the University of New Hampshire will play in the women’s game at 4 p.m.

“We are very excited to bring college hockey to Fenway Park in this once in a lifetime event. It’s great for the growth of the sport, as we have seen what the Winter Classic has done for the NHL and its fans,” said Hockey East Commissioner Joe Bertagna.

“We are really excited to host the very best of college hockey talent next January at Fenway Park as part of the Hockey East at Fenway doubleheader,” said Fenway Sports Group President Sam Kennedy. “As a born and bred New Englander myself who grew up playing hockey, I am eager to watch the UNH and NU women’s hockey teams face off against each other along with the last two NCAA men’s ice hockey champions, BC and BU, renew their storied rivalry in the shadow of the Green Monster.”

The men’s game between the Eagles and Terriers features the last two NCAA National Champions. The game will mark the 248th meeting in the all-time series in one of the most intense rivalries in all of sports, which dates back to Feb. 6, 1918. BU leads the all-time series with the Eagles, 123-106-17. The Huskies and Wildcats rivalry dates back to 1975, one of the oldest in women’s college history. The game at Fenway will mark the 110th all-time meeting between the two teams.

New England Sports Network (NESN) will broadcast the men’s game live from Fenway Park across New England. The game will mark the first ever women’s college outdoor game and it marks the third men’s outdoor game in the modern era. On October 6, 2001 Michigan and Michigan State played the first college outdoor game with 74,544 fans watching at MSU’s Spartan Stadium. On February 11, 2006, Ohio State and Wisconsin attracted 40,890 fans to the Frozen Tundra Hockey Classic at Lambeau Field.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Thursday, September 17 beginning at 12 pm. Tickets for the doubleheader will start at just $5. For more information on the event and details regarding ticket availability, please log on to www.tickets.com/fenwayhockey.
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Re: Fenway in January - It's Official

Wow, my intel was WAY off, I heard 5PM

That is awesome, I can't wait

Comment

Pictures from announcement - http://www.uscho.com/pictorial.php/199/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
        Pictures from announcement - http://www.uscho.com/pictorial.php/199/
        Thank you for your pictures, Melissa. The last pic:
        http://www.uscho.com/pictorial.php/199/34/
        has the seating chart and pricing for the tickets that go on sale Sept 17. i wonder if they will have sections put aside for each school? Any idea?

Comment

They already sold the student tickets last week at a presale and I do believe the have sold out of those.

I'll be there!
          ~Don't go through life without goals~

Comment

Does anyone know if they will be sold through ticketmaster, or how they are going on sale the 17th?

Comment

Originally posted by hocktalk90 View Post
              Does anyone know if they will be sold through ticketmaster, or how they are going on sale the 17th?
              http://www.tickets.com/fenwayhockey/

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                Septebmber 17 and 12pmEST

I am all over this. I think I was more excited for the announcement of these games than the Bruins game. Hope everyone gets tickets!
                Last edited by Kitten at QU; 09-11-2009, 04:16 PM. Reason: grammar
                Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
                The Northford years

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten at QU View Post
                  Septebmber 17 and 12pmEST

I am all over this. I think I was more excited for the announcement of these games than the Bruins game. Hope everyone gets tickets!
                  especially since these tickets are much more affordable for normal families.

Comment

Originally posted by kylehockey View Post
                    especially since these tickets are much more affordable for normal families.
                    And that the Bruins game is a lottery to buy 2 tickets. Doesn't work when we have two boys. I'm hoping to max out on these since there are 6 boys in my fiancee's family and this solves christmas for half of them LOL
                    The Northford years

Comment

Northeastern captains/coaches doing pre-game tonight - http://gonu.com/whockey/090916-huski..._tonight.shtml

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Does anyone know the tickets.com phone number to order tickets today at noon.
                        Also the link previously posted for fenway tickets does not give any directions on where to go online today to get them.

If anyone has more information that would be great. Especially a phone number.

Comment

Originally posted by hocktalk90 View Post
                          Does anyone know the tickets.com phone number to order tickets today at noon.
                          Also the link previously posted for fenway tickets does not give any directions on where to go online today to get them.

If anyone has more information that would be great. Especially a phone number.
                          visit the link at noon, it was the same way for the pre-sale, there wasn't anything there until ticket sale time and then the ordering info showed up at noon. I dont' know if tickets.com has a phone ordering system.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            visit the link at noon, it was the same way for the pre-sale, there wasn't anything there until ticket sale time and then the ordering info showed up at noon. I dont' know if tickets.com has a phone ordering system.
                            Stuck in the virtual waiting room.... hopefully I'll get through soon.
                            The Northford years

Comment

Just Scored 2 in the Northeastern,Boston College Infield Left student
                              Area Total with fees where $50 $5.50 ticketing fee, $2.50 to print ticket
                              Totoal per ticket $63.00 Watching 30,000 Fenway Fans at College
                              Mens and Womens Hockey- Priceless and yes it will be Cold !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X