This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2015-2016: Confection Free

Brandt could still catch Augusta for the all-time NCAA career scoring record. Of course, she'll need to be far more prolific than she was last night.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

No. 1 Gophers edge Penn State in women's hockey
      A power-play goal was all they had for 59 minutes

http://www.startribune.com/no-1-goph...key/330352081/
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

This is the Nittany Lions’ second season as a Division I program.
        Two, four, same thing. I don't remember PSU being under some probationary period like Lindenwood.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          It should probably be noted per closing in on Darwitz pts. totals that Natalie didn't play a senior season.
          why should it be pointed out?

last time I checked, the record is for career totals, not the first three years

any footnote to it only invites other arguments

Comment

By the way, I think it's worth noting that Darwitz pts. totals were accumulated in three seasons, versus four.

Minnesota Hockey

Comment

FWIW Penn State was one of those teams I thought was going to be a surprise this year.

Also brooky if BC happens to win the NCAA title this year i am expecting you to keep that as your signature for an extra 12 months
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                FWIW Penn State was one of those teams I thought was going to be a surprise this year.

Also brooky if BC happens to win the NCAA title this year i am expecting you to keep that as your signature for an extra 12 months
                I'll go until the following season begins.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

By the way, I think it's worth noting that Darwitz pts. totals were accumulated in three seasons, versus four.

Not to take anything away from her amazing ability and point totals, but it's probably also worth noting that the quality of womens' hockey has improved tremendously since when she played. Not so much the ability of the top players, but today's teams have greater depth, and arguably better goaltending, than they did 10-15 years ago. As with any other sport it's hard to compare players from different eras...but it goes without saying that she was one of the very best in the world when she was playing.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious
                    what next, the President is black?

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Not to take anything away from her amazing ability and point totals, but it's probably also worth noting that the quality of womens' hockey has improved tremendously since when she played. Not so much the ability of the top players, but today's teams have greater depth, and arguably better goaltending, than they did 10-15 years ago. As with any other sport it's hard to compare players from different eras...but it goes without saying that she was one of the very best in the world when she was playing.
                    Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                    why should it be pointed out?

last time I checked, the record is for career totals, not the first three years

any footnote to it only invites other arguments

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2015-2016: Confection Free

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      what next, the President is black?
                      pokey is a jerk.
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Spotty audio from Pegula.

I hope my reason for pointing that out is not too puzzling.
                        Last edited by brookyone; 10-02-2015, 06:23 PM. Reason: Attempt to prevent pokeyhead explosion
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

The Gophers look like a completely different team tonight. Verysharp.

Comment

Spotty audio from Pegula.
                            I'm listening to Dan. He's a few seconds ahead, but it lets me know what to watch before it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              The Gophers look like a completely different team tonight. Verysharp.
                              Yes...much better in the O zone. Obvious from video as well.
                              Last edited by brookyone; 10-02-2015, 06:35 PM. Reason: Pointing this out to hopefully prevent midget mind meltdown.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                I'm listening to Dan. He's a few seconds ahead, but it lets me know what to watch before it happens.
                                I never tolerated the out of sync audio thing well.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X