X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Women's Hockey 2015-2016: Confection Free

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    don't listen to the idiots, SCSU did not give up, in fact immediately after the Gophers set the record was probably the best offensive display by SCSU up to that point on Saturday, it seemed to me that got them mad and got them going for awhile

the games were more like a boxing match, the champ probing the challenger until the weakness is found, then the knockout was delivered.
    EDIT: I was going to point out how wrong this take was and then I realized who it was posting and knew nobody would take that post seriously. Nice trolling, you almost got me! Now go back under the bridge where you belong.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
      I really like Potomak ...she creates opportunities for her linemates .
      This is exactly why the best place for her may be the third line

As much as I hate to see 2 freshman on the same line she isn’t the typical freshman having a lot of experience with the Canadian national team against international level players and consequently isn’t the liability most freshmen are defensively(although hard to tell since she’s been playing with upper classmen)

Yes, it would displace Williamson,
      But Williamson seems to have come from the same mold as Piazza, the archetype of what I’d want in a wing, they can both play center, but IMO, their better position is wing, kind of like SCSU’s Illikainen

for a time Bona (also a creative forward, certainly not the bigger and more physical type) was paired with Brandt that was kind of like having two centers on the same line
      But Brandt doesn’t need another “creator” on her line, and it is somewhat of a waste to have another with her when their talent can be utilized elsewhere, give her some finishers

What makes the Brandt-Menefee combination so attractive is that as Brandt brings the puck up ice she beats one, two, three players …
      And as she does another opposing player has to jump in to try to stop her
      This leaves the potential for a Gopher to be open
      Menefee is good at both finding the opening and quickly shooting, or passing if a shot isn’t there (sometimes back to Brandt)
      Not that Potomak can’t do this, but it would have been like Terry playing a more physical game rather than using her speed
      Why give up your advantage over other players, play your game, not theirs
      Having seen Potomak’s third goal, she’s definitely a finisher, but again, her talents may be better utilized elsewhere, she seems to be much more the archetype of what you‘d want in a center, less so a wing

or maybe it's just that I want to see a repeat of 2013/14, you never know which line is going to score, you just know one of them will
      Last edited by pokechecker; 10-12-2015, 02:08 PM. Reason: <-- I'm with stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        We've had this discussion in the past, and yeah it displeases me. As a fan I was just as excited for UW's first goal Sunday 1:16 into the game as I was for the last that was scored with :09 left in the game. The creativity and effort to attempt to score pleases me (to witness 61 sog was AWESOME). Watching a glorified practice period with the orange cones wearing St. Cloud jerseys would not make me happy at all. I'm sure UM played the 3rd and 4th lines more in the 3rd like UW did both games against OSU and gave those players PP and PK time as well. Sports and mercy are like water and oil. I've been in situations where I was getting my butt waxed, but I never gave up, I always wanted that person to give it to me to the max. It made me better. How is St. Cloud going to improve without being pushed in game situations? If they are that devoid of talent, practicing against themselves won't produce any improvement.
        Between my kids and me I have seen both sides of 20-0 games (my high school team once won a game 21-0 when periods were 12 minutes!). There is no learning, no development and no gain for anyone on either side of them. The only thing it does is inflate statistics for the one side and anger the other. SCSU got 20 minutes of breakout practice Saturday without the added humiliation of 20-0.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
          you almost got me!
          LOL, but I did get you
          Last edited by pokechecker; 10-12-2015, 03:14 PM. Reason: because I'm with stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
            LOL, but I did get you
            Oh yes you did, by suggesting I am gay you really got me alright. You reminded me why nobody should ever respond to your childish bush-wa. It is a mistake I won't repeat.

Comment

geeze, I threw you back and caught you again moments later

for how many times now? a dozen? fifty?
              I've lost count
              maybe you should change your name to Bluegill, no, Bullhead would be better.

Comment

Gophers got a byline story in the StarTribune on Saturday that has some nice elements to it. A couple good references to fans, and some time spent on the overall quality of the team and the program. Ms Rayno should know we noticed and appreciate it. As many byline pieces as possible throughout the season!!

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-w...r/331853101/#1

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
                  Well they do have Canada and Europe too.
                  Well, umm, Canada IS part of North America just in case you were sleeping during Geography class in the 4th grade. Or finished high school in the Dakotas.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Potomak named to Four Nations Cup roster.

http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/roster/...225.1421096845

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

Don't overlook alumna Sarah Davis on that roster too.

In additional news today, Potomak earns WCHA Rookie of the Week honors.
                      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

I'm just glad this year's Four Nations tournament takes place during a "break" in WCHA play; the only scheduled games are BSU @ OSU. Was this planned by the league?

As I recall, we struggled a little last year when our national team players left for the week. Not that it mattered in the end!
                        Last edited by CHP; 10-13-2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHP View Post
                          I'm just glad this year's Four Nations tournament takes place during a "break" in WCHA play; the only scheduled games are BSU @ OSU. Was this planned by the league?
                          It's been fairly common the past several years for teams, particularly in the WCHA, to take the week off when the 4 Nations Cup is happening. The issue is whether or not the players have to leave early to join their national team. The Gophers had the weekend of November 7-9 off last year (the tournament was Tuesday-Saturday, Nov. 4-8), but several players missed the game on Saturday, November 1.
                          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                            It's been fairly common the past several years for teams, particularly in the WCHA, to take the week off when the 4 Nations Cup is happening. The issue is whether or not the players have to leave early to join their national team. The Gophers had the weekend of November 7-9 off last year (the tournament was Tuesday-Saturday, Nov. 4-8), but several players missed the game on Saturday, November 1.
                            A 1-0 loss to Bemidji.

Comment

Thanks to the USCHO writer (whoever that is) for the nice piece on Amanda Leveille. She's establishing a pretty good body of work here at the U of M! That 2014 Frozen Four seems to have damaged her reputation a little. But in my eyes she has shown herself to be a very valuable part of the Gopher team and a good goaltender.

Comment

Thanks to the USCHO writer (whoever that is) for the nice piece on Amanda Leveille. She's establishing a pretty good body of work here at the U of M! That 2014 Frozen Four seems to have damaged her reputation a little. But in my eyes she has shown herself to be a very valuable part of the Gopher team and a good goaltender.
                                Ditto on the thanks although the last sentence of the article did leave me hanging a bit.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X