Cannon fodder
    5 NE
    6 Q
    7 BSU
    8 UND
    9 UConn
    10 Dartmouth

Other targets floating in my head....Colgate, Harvard
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: 2015-2016 USCHO Posters Poll

Thought Princeton might get a vote or two but then saw Mercyhurst has yet to win. Weird.

Comment

1. Minnesota
        2. Wisconsin
        3. Boston College
        4. Clarkson
        5. Quinnipiac
        6. Northeastern
        7. North Dakota
        8. Bemidji State
        9. Harvard
        10. Dartmouth

Geez....had to dig to come up with 10. I know it's early, but is anyone getting a feeling that the disparity this year is greater than in the last 6-8 years? I hope that I'm wrong. Maybe we have to wait for the Ivy's to really get going.

Comment

Originally posted by play-by-play guy View Post
          Geez....had to dig to come up with 10. I know it's early, but is anyone getting a feeling that the disparity this year is greater than in the last 6-8 years? I hope that I'm wrong. Maybe we have to wait for the Ivy's to really get going.
          Right now, it definitely feels like the gap between the top four and everyone else is unusually large.

Comment

1. Minnesota -- until proven otherwise. If I was a bookie I wouldn't take bets on a perfect season.
            2. Wisconsin -- mastered the mighty Midj, and handily too
            3. Boston College -- I have a lengthy theory about how last year's terrible PP prefigured the disappointing postseason: basically, a fear of losing possession made the Eagles too nervous to take chances even though losing possession and playing an end-to-end game favors them. This year, the PP is aggressive, creative and effective. Therefore.
            4. Clarkson -- no-one else goes here, but really, being run close by New Hampshire? Twice? Admittedly, the second time with not-Tiley in goal, but still.
            5. Harvard -- looked terrible v Dartmouth but, as I and other BC fans were noticing, they looked terrible right up to the day after Thanksgiving last year. This isn't a grade for achievement, it's a prediction for end of year.
            6. Quinnipiac -- same recipe as last year, wins v cupcakes; as time goes by the tie v Mercyhurst looks less excusable for a top-tier team. Samoskevich is a force to be reckoned with.
            7. Bemidji State -- No answer for the Badgers, but would probably have an answer for anyone below them.
            8. Northeastern -- The fact that none of the seven goals v BU were scored by Coyne makes them much more of a serious contender.
            9. North Dakota -- Pressed hard by St Cloud? Really? But who else do you put here?
            10. Boston University -- Again, a prediction rather than marks for results to date. In fact, I would predict them higher; Durocher is a great coach after the first six weeks of the season and when his teams gel they really gel. On results to date I would give this to oh, let's say, Princeton.

Stick taps to Dartmouth, Penn State, U Conn and Maine. And in fairness, stick tap to Merrimack for overperforming and seeming to have got a good one in net. I think UMD will give people problems this year without winning much. Cornell have a depth problem. UNH have showed flashes of life. If you took out the top 3, who are in a league of their own, you would have a catchable Clarkson and a ton of parity below them. Interesting year coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
              Right now, it definitely feels like the gap between the top four and everyone else is unusually large.
              I expect Harvard and Quinni to have a shot at closing that gap, or at least narrowing it. But yeah after that there's a drop-off.

Comment

1. Minnesota
                2. bc
                3. Wisconsin
                4. Northeastern
                5. Clarkson
                6. Quinnipiac
                7. Harvard
                8. Bemidji St
                9. North Dakota
                10. Princeton

Comment

I love ya, Dawg, but how on earth do you justify putting NU above Clarkson at the moment
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

How about Colgate & Dartmouth, most improved teams thus far? They both surprised me. I wish there were more teams getting into the top 10 rather than the Teams that sit there constantly (UM, Wisco, BC, Clarkson, Harvard). I love UM but some steady competition would be nice. Try picking the over/ under in their games... is it going to be 10 or 11?

Shout out to NU, Princeton & Bemidji for Top 10!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      I love ya, Dawg, but how on earth do you justify putting NU above Clarkson at the moment
                      If NU played New Hampshire, would the scores be 4-2 and 6-4? That's what makes polls interesting; different people can sort out the same facts differently.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        If NU played New Hampshire, would the scores be 4-2 and 6-4? That's what makes polls interesting; different people can sort out the same facts differently.
                        Absolutely! That's why I want to know how he got to his conclusion.

IMO this is the best thread on the forum.

Comment

Putting KC and the Sunshine Band 4th... Alrighty then.

1> Minnesota - Pedestrian penalty kill could be Achilles heal.
                          2> Wisconsin - Do they have the puck on a string and are they just toying with opponents until Minny?
                          3> BC - If they have special teams figured out, who dat say dey gonna beat them Eagles?

4> Clarkson - 9-0 baby...Although wins over BU may not be that impressive with how bad BU seems right now.
                          5> Quinnipiac - Nobody else seems to want 5th so might as well be the Bobcats.
                          6> Bemidji - Tired after chasing a puck on a string all weekend. Still pretty good but need to find the back of the net.

7> North Dakota - Needing 3 extra attacker goals in the 3rd just to tie SCSU? Dude...
                          8> Kendall Coyne - Lindenwood? Dude...

9> Dartmouth - Beating Harvard is something I guess.
                          10> Harvard - Have they come out of hibernation yet?
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• 1. UM
                            2. UW
                            3. BC
                            4. CU
                            5. BSU
                            6. QU
                            7. HU
                            8. NU

Others under consideration: UND, UMD, BU, Cornell, PSU

Any missteps by top 3 only shuffle their order. Next 5 are still works in progres. Waiting for a couple to prove they can play with top 3 or at least are a clear 2nd tier. Likewise waiting for others to show us who they really are.

Comment

Last call! Poll posts tonight --

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                4-2 and 6-4 UNH on top ??

That 6-4 game Clarkson played their backup goalie. Did not see the game so I am not sure how well or bad she played just sayin . You can go to the ECAC web site and see the highlites of the goals scored and make your own judgement.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X