Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

    sigpic

    Let's Go 'Tute!

    Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

    2012 Poser Of The Year

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

      Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      BOOM!!! Well, he is spot on of course.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
        BOOM!!! Well, he is spot on of course.
        There was a twitter exchange between Cap Carey (Clarkson) and Ken Schott (Union) about this article. If Union is making a token effort to support the women's program, the fault is with the administration and not the coach.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

        ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

        Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

        I want to live forever. So far, so good.

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

          Originally posted by jericho View Post
          And around the same time as Leaman coming in, Union relaxed its rules about giving aid to foreign students (read: Canadians) so it opened up a whole new stream of recruiting territory so Leaman had it a little easier than Sneddon ever did.
          But shouldn't that work in favor of the women as well?? Assuming that Asano-Barcomb has or could create a pipeline into Canada?

          One other factor to consider is who would be RPI's travel partner? Union is close by so for ECAC travel budgets, it works nicely. If Union were to go back to D-3, you would need to find a school to join the ECAC that is within two hours of RPI to make it work. More travel time puts a strain on those Saturday games which normally start at 4pm.

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

            Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
            But shouldn't that work in favor of the women as well?? Assuming that Asano-Barcomb has or could create a pipeline into Canada?

            One other factor to consider is who would be RPI's travel partner? Union is close by so for ECAC travel budgets, it works nicely. If Union were to go back to D-3, you would need to find a school to join the ECAC that is within two hours of RPI to make it work. More travel time puts a strain on those Saturday games which normally start at 4pm.
            I doubt that is a concern for Union, but they are still not going back to D3

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

              Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
              But shouldn't that work in favor of the women as well?? Assuming that Asano-Barcomb has or could create a pipeline into Canada?

              One other factor to consider is who would be RPI's travel partner? Union is close by so for ECAC travel budgets, it works nicely. If Union were to go back to D-3, you would need to find a school to join the ECAC that is within two hours of RPI to make it work. More travel time puts a strain on those Saturday games which normally start at 4pm.
              I suspect that RIT would jump at the opportunity as they would on the men's side. It would probably be RPI-Colgate and RIT-Cornell. I really don't see Union leaving the ECAC unless all of the Liberty League teams leave D-I hockey entirely.
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

                Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I suspect that RIT would jump at the opportunity as they would on the men's side. It would probably be RPI-Colgate and RIT-Cornell. I really don't see Union leaving the ECAC unless all of the Liberty League teams leave D-I hockey entirely.
                My thoughts exactly Ralph.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi************
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi************

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

                  Originally posted by vicb View Post
                  My thoughts exactly Ralph.
                  I wonder what I would do with all of the time which I spend posting here if RPI were to leave D-I hockey. I doubt that I would follow a D-III hockey team anymore than I follow RPI's other teams.

                  Perhaps more importantly, what I would do with the money which I donate to the 'Tute? (not that it is that much money)
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

                    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I wonder what I would do with all of the time which I spend posting here if RPI were to leave D-I hockey. I doubt that I would follow a D-III hockey team anymore than I follow RPI's other teams.
                    You mean you wouldn't become a Clarkson fan?
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                    Comment


                    • Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

                      Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      You mean you wouldn't become a Clarkson fan?
                      Nope.

                      IMHO the thing which would most likely cause RPI to leave D-I men's and women's hockey would cause the other D-III schools to also leave -- namely play-ups not being allowed by either D-I or D-III rules.
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

                        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Well, obviously the women's coach doesn't get fired either with this record. Barcomb is laughing all the way to the bank.
                        It is a sad sad situation for the players. Nothing like playing for the worst coach in history. I honestly can't imagine how the AD sleeps at night!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Nope.

                          IMHO the thing which would most likely cause RPI to leave D-I men's and women's hockey would cause the other D-III schools to also leave -- namely play-ups not being allowed by either D-I or D-III rules.
                          If it did happen (and I think it will if more FBS schools start offering hockey), the Liberty Hockey League is one kick-arse hockey league.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

                          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

                            Ok fire the coach then what? I predict that even if Frost or MJ took over this program that the results would be the same, no playoffs. Who would be the next coach to turn a non ivy, non scholarship school with a ****ty rink in a crappy town around? WHO?

                            Let's look at the bigger picture. There are to many teams for the amount of talent out there. The U18 National Team players go to a small % of schools and the rest or left to fend for themselves. Lots of comparisons to the Men's side but it's not a great comp. Look at the # of boys playing hockey compared to the # of NCAA teams compared to the girls.

                            Why aren't people calling for the Yale's coach head like Claudia's? Yale sucks and it's Yale!!! Brown will also be same for years to come.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

                              Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Nope.

                              IMHO the thing which would most likely cause RPI to leave D-I men's and women's hockey would cause the other D-III schools to also leave -- namely play-ups not being allowed by either D-I or D-III rules.
                              Bingo on that. And if that would happen to Clarkson, I would probably not follow college hockey at all.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi************
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi************

                              Comment


                              • Re: Union College Dutchwomen 2015-16 thread

                                Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                If it did happen (and I think it will if more FBS schools start offering hockey), the Liberty Hockey League is one kick-arse hockey league.
                                How long would that last? The better players would immediately transfer out and no others would come.

                                Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                Bingo on that. And if that would happen to Clarkson, I would probably not follow college hockey at all.
                                Agreed.
                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X