Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich university cadets 2014-2015

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Did I say that I don't respect it? No. I actually have a great deal of respect for the players... I've seen and fully support women's hockey but it doesn't mean its preferred by any means.
    Might I ask what you're doing in the women's forum then? I understand your preference, but seems to me this might be the wrong place for you... You respect the players, but not their game?... At least start a thread titled "the slow and non-physical women's game" to put all your thoughts... I'm sure it will be a big hit.

(For the sake of stirring things up)
    The greatest game on earth!

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
      I wonder how many people reading this are wondering "who the hell is Paul Harvey?"!
      No wondering on my end, loved his "rest of the story" tales. Did learn something new today by looking him up:

"Harvey was born in September 1918, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The son of a policeman[4] killed in 1921"
      Last edited by OnMAA; 03-23-2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
        Or got stuck listening to it in the car with your parents (who are older than dirt!)
        My favorite part was how his voice would crack on the "Good day" part of when he signed off saying, "This is Paul Harvey...........Good day." (and I'm only as old as dust)

Comment

Moving on...

There's some chatter on the singing of the Canadian National Anthem and the rules NCAA has over not singing O'Canada on another thread and it brings up a thought that I've been wanting to mention.

But first, I think it's a great idea to sing both, like Norwich does. It demonstrates respect to our Canadian players (and parents) and for me, that's classy.

My only gripe is that our singer, Paula Gills, has, over the years, picked up her speed on the tempo or delivery of the song, both anthems for that matter. I just wish she would slow it back down under 70 mph, heck, there is always plenty of time left on the clock.

Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by NU FAN View Post
            Moving on...

There's some chatter on the singing of the Canadian National Anthem and the rules NCAA has over not singing O'Canada on another thread and it brings up a thought that I've been wanting to mention.

But first, I think it's a great idea to sing both, like Norwich does. It demonstrates respect to our Canadian players (and parents) and for me, that's classy.

My only gripe is that our singer, Paula Gills, has, over the years, picked up her speed on the tempo or delivery of the song, both anthems for that matter. I just wish she would slow it back down under 70 mph, heck, there is always plenty of time left on the clock.

Just saying...

To take it a step further, for any senior that is from a country not the US or Canada, Paula will learn that country's national anthem for senior day and sing it in that language. Pretty impressive.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Anyone hear if Keith Maurice could possibly be back with Norwich? Haven't heard anything and not trying to start a rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjames View Post
                Anyone hear if Keith Maurice could possibly be back with Norwich? Haven't heard anything and not trying to start a rumor.
                I haven't heard anything suggesting that as a possibility.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Tjames View Post
                  One would assume he has some kind of housing rental contract to honor out there. But if I were Keith, I'd be booking a flt to the sunshine state in late April and rub elbows accordingly, if he hasn't already. Or... he could become a stay at home Dad? Hey that's a full time job you know!

Comment

Originally posted by NU FAN View Post
                    One would assume he has some kind of housing rental contract to honor out there. But if I were Keith, I'd be booking a flt to the sunshine state in late April and rub elbows accordingly, if he hasn't already. Or... he could become a stay at home Dad? Hey that's a full time job you know!
                    Sure Keith will land on his feet either way. I do like this staff as it stands. Leclerc and Bolding did a great job recruiting this freshman class. For a young assistant, Leclerc brings a real no non-sense approach. Girls seem to really respect her and maybe even a little fearful which is a good thing.

Comment

Norwich men's and women's hockey banquet dates are set.

Men: Sunday, April 19th - 12pm - Kreitzberg Arena
                      Women: Tuesday, April 14th - 6pm - Milano Ballroom

http://www.norwichathletics.com/x/4fnwh
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                      X