X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lugnut92
    replied
    Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

Three points aren't as good as four, but we gained on Yale and Dartmouth, so we're looking just a smidge better this week than last. Looking forward, Colgate is nipping at our heels and this weekend is the perfect opportunity to knock them back down and gain more ground on Yale, who have to make the trek to the North Country this weekend. All in all, we want at least two points this weekend, and for Yale to end up with nothing. Should Dartmouth come out empty-handed too, who would we be to complain?

RPI KRACH (RRWP): 24.11 (.2474)

MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 11.91 / 12 / 11 / 7 - 22
    Rank - 9.57 / 9 / 9 / 6 - 12
    Playoffs - 3.0%
    Most likely opponent - Quinnipiac (1.5%)

Conference rankings:
    1. Quinnipiac
    2. Harvard
    3. Clarkson
    4. Cornell
      —————
    5. SLU
    6. Princeton
    7. Dartmouth
    8. Yale
      —————
      —————
    9. RPI
    10. Colgate
    11. Union
    12. Brown

Leave a comment:

• hab
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Another two points! Yale wins too so we don't make up as much ground as we could have this weekend, but it's a start! The math update will come some time tomorrow!
    Really wanted 4 points this weekend, rather than 3, but we did inch closer to both Yale and Dartmouth, who came out with 2 and zero points this weekend respectively. Looking at the remaining schedules, our best hope is closing the 5 point gap with Yale, as we have a head-to-head with them and they have a tougher remaining schedule than either Dartmouth or RPI. In fact, apart from the game against RPI, Yale has only one game left against a team below them in the standings. Still RPI will have to go on a tear over these last 4 weekends. Have to win at minimum 3 of our last eight games (if Yale were to lose all eight) but more likely have to win as many as 5 out of eight.
    Last edited by hab; 01-24-2015, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Another two points! Yale wins too so we don't make up as much ground as we could have this weekend, but it's a start! The math update will come some time tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• shelfit
    replied

I think I can hear the death knoll sounding in the distance.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

So the tie isn't exactly what we wanted, but Yale lost to Brown, so we actually end up a point ahead in the bargain. Let's win tomorrow and let Yale lose again!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Name: Jaimie Grigsby
    Class: First-Year Student
    Curriculum: Business and Management

Name: Kira L. Bombay
    Curriculum: Biology

Name: Taylor Marie Schwalbe
    Curriculum: Business and Management

Only Selander is now missing.

Leave a comment:

• hab
    replied

OUCH! RPI trailing Union 1-0 and being outshot 9-5 after one period. Most encouraging item from the period: finally, Mariana Walsh is put on the power play! This team needs to continue to reward players who are willing to take the hits and move to the top of the crease.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I just compared the stats for league games for Kira Bombay shown on the PWHL website with those shown on Nepean's site. The PWHL site is definitely more accurate. For example, an incorrect number of goals scored against was entered for one game on Nepean's site. I am thus going to use the PWHL site for the rest of the year. However, unless I hear a convincing argument to the contrary, I will go with what hab stated and use 60 minutes as the standard game length as this makes the most sense to me also. Even this way it is impossible to compare our two goalie recruits because KB 's team is much more competitive in its league than LS's team.

As to nonleague games, there are many games where the number of shots faced is not included on Nepean's website making it impossible to calculate her Save Percentage. Conceivably I could find some of the figures elsewhere, but I doubt that I could find all of them. Anyway, the following are her stats to date. They will appear on the next update on the recruits thread on the Men's forum here. The stats listed are GP,W,L,T,GAA,S%.

Code:
     1 Kira Bombay          G Nepean Jr. Wildcats (PWHL)     15- 7- 5-2-2.02-.923
                              non-league                     12- 6- 4-2-2.32-.xxx
                              total                          27-13- 9-4-2.14-.xxx 01/31/15

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Thanks, DaDudester and hab.

Originally posted by hab View Post
    Interesting. I am quite surprised that the PWHL would have 50 minute games. Not necessarily a bad idea, but as one of the premier recruiting grounds for CIS and NCAA teams you would think that 60 minutes would be standard. I don't think it matters a lot how they report the GAA stats, but I would probably go for doing it on the basis of 60 minutes.
    That makes sense when you want to compare against goalies who play 60-minute games. I just looked at the CISAA site for St. Andrews College where men's recruit Austin Cho plays. We aren't recruiting a goalie from there so this problem hasn't come up for me. They do however play 54-minute league games and often play in tourneys with 50 minutes in a game. Anyway, the stats here use 54 minutes which does make the GAAs smaller than if 60 were used. Four years ago when we recruited Brianna Piper from the PWHL, I just reported what was on the site.

There opinions are very welcome.

I probably should have started a separate thread on this, but at least when I post on an RPI thread, the first comment which I get isn't "ugh, math!"
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-22-2015, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DaDudester
    replied

Originally posted by hab View Post
    Interesting. I am quite surprised that the PWHL would have 50 minute games. Not necessarily a bad idea, but as one of the premier recruiting grounds for CIS and NCAA teams you would think that 60 minutes would be standard. I don't think it matters a lot how they report the GAA stats, but I would probably go for doing it on the basis of 60 minutes.
    Yep the PWHL's games are 50 minutes (15, 15, 20) not sure why - possibly ice booking..? The majority of the team's use city ice and book 2 hour blocks. The statistics on the PWHL Site are more correct, updated every night, ***Except for the "League Records" section which hasn't been updated for over a year. The Nepean site may not have been updated very recently.

Her PWHL Career Stats are :

YEAR............TEAM...... Lge.....GP.....GS....MIN............W....L....T... .SO....GA.....GAA......SV.....SV%

Reg. Season
    2013/2014...NEPEAN....PWHL...23.....21....1104:05...... 20...1....1.....9......18.....0.82....376.....0.95 4

Playoffs
    2014...........NEPEAN.....PWHL....8.......7.....34 9:38........6....1....0.....3.......4.....0.57.... .125......0.969

Reg. Season
    2014/2015...NEPEAN.....PWHL...15.....14....742:36...... ..7.....5....2.....1......25....1.68......298..... 0.923
    Last edited by DaDudester; 01-22-2015, 06:48 PM. Reason: To Line up the numbers

Leave a comment:

• hab
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    A question.

The PWHL website shows Kira Bombay's GAA as 1.68 while Nepean's website shows it as 2.09 for league games. There is a slight difference in the number of minutes played on two sites, but that doesn't account for much. What happened was the PWHL figured GAA based upon 50-minute games which is what they play, while Nepean used 60 minutes for a game. So if KB gave up one goal in a regulation game, PWHL would call her GAA 1.00 while Nepean would say it was 1.20.

What is usually done, and does anyone have an opinion as to which I should use? It isn't really an important question, but I want to also put her nonleague games in the stats which I post on the men's recruit page and conceivably those have variable lengths.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

A question.

The PWHL website shows Kira Bombay's GAA as 1.68 while Nepean's website shows it as 2.09 for league games. There is a slight difference in the number of minutes played on two sites, but that doesn't account for much. What happened was the PWHL figured GAA based upon 50-minute games which is what they play, while Nepean used 60 minutes for a game. So if KB gave up one goal in a regulation game, PWHL would call her GAA 1.00 while Nepean would say it was 1.20.

What is usually done, and does anyone have an opinion as to which I should use? It isn't really an important question, but I want to also put her nonleague games in the stats which I post on the men's recruit page and conceivably those have variable lengths.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-22-2015, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hab
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    According to a post on the recruit thread, RPI got a commitment from a second goalie, Kira Bombay of Nepean http://nepeanwildcats.com/player-pro...team_id=317464.

She couldn't be related to Gordon, could she?

Edit: it says on RPI University on the upper left of Twitter page.

Edit: Under 11/19/14 http://www.ngha.ca/public/default2.asp
    Looks like a good recruit. I was a little worried that we had only one known goalie recruit and were graduating both starting goalies. This might finish off RPI's recruiting for 2015-16, as they now have exactly replaced the 3F, 2D and 2G graduating.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    He could at least round up.
    Sorry. Let's win a couple this weekend and it won't look so harsh.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by DaDudester View Post
    Her Stats are properly documented here : http://pwhl3.stats.pointstreak.com/p...seasonid=13188

And "yes" there is a connection to Gordon Bombay - a character whose "back story" is briefly mentioned in the original movie, parallels also the story of her grandfather's brief hockey career at Bemidji State.
    Thanks. Yes, I caught those stats and entered them on the RPI Recruit thread in the men's forum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X