Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

    Not looking good. We did pull a home playoff series 3 out of 1,000,000 times though, so that's nice...

    MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 9.37 / 9 / 9 / 0 - 27
    Rank - 11.03 / 11 / 12 / 3 - 12
    Playoffs - 2.0%
    Most likely opponent - Quinnipiac (1.3%)

    Conference rankings:
    1. Quinnipiac
    2. Clarkson
    3. Princeton
    4. SLU
      —————
    5. Dartmouth
    6. Harvard
    7. Cornell
    8. Yale
      —————
      —————
    9. Brown
    10. Colgate
    11. RPI
    12. Union
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

      Originally posted by engineer View Post
      Wasn't most of the team recruited by Brent Hill? If this team is so bad and his recruiting skills are so excellent, how does that add up?
      If the players are skilled and were recruited by multiple teams (they are and were) and regarded as solid players, but they don't develop individually or as a team, then the fault is in the coaching not the recruiting. I think that is the point here.

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

        Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
        If the players are skilled and were recruited by multiple teams (they are and were) and regarded as solid players, but they don't develop individually or as a team, then the fault is in the coaching not the recruiting. I think that is the point here.
        Thank You!! That's been my point all along. Even talented players need to be continually coached to improve. Watch any NHL bench and those coaches are always leaning over and talking to their players! There's not a lot of coaching on the bench when the girls come off the ice - immediate feedback, both good and bad (positive reinforcement or what should have done better) helps. Waiting until between periods or in a video session (if that's even done regularly?) doesn't help them during the game. MAY help in the next game (should). What does the team work on in practices because there hasn't been much improvement on the wing play since we've been watching!! And there are games it looks like Mite hockey the way every forward seems to be following the puck! How do you have an outlet pass to the far wing if all three forwards are on the same side of the ice? I will agree, that at this stage of their careers, there should be some fundamental knowledge on the part of the girls, but coaches are there to remind them of their positional play. As I've said, there's no improvement as individuals or as a team.

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

          We didn't play, but the other guys did. Did anything change? Not really. Little better in some places, little worse in others. Mostly worse.

          MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
          Points - 8.94 / 9 / 9 / 0 - 26
          Rank - 10.87 / 11 / 11 / 5 - 12
          Playoffs - 1.4%
          Most likely opponent - Quinnipiac (1.1%)

          Conference rankings:
          1. Quinnipiac
          2. Clarkson
          3. SLU
          4. Dartmouth
            —————
          5. Harvard
          6. Princeton
          7. Cornell
          8. Yale
            —————
            —————
          9. Brown
          10. Colgate
          11. RPI
          12. Union


          Yale (the line for a playoff berth) is currently set to earn more than twice as many points as we are. So yeah, we should get on that whole earning points thing.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

          2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

            Originally posted by hkypassion View Post
            Unless something drastically changes, Huhtamaki could be out for the season. Gruschow should be (hopefully) back this weekend. Although sometimes too solo, at least she gets shots off!

            You have so much insight! Whats your relation to the team?

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

              FWIW, Ana Orzechowski is having her official visit to RPI today. https://twitter.com/anaorzechowski and http://instagram.com/p/v8_dfrkFd-/.
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

                Originally posted by heartofhcky View Post
                You have so much insight! Whats your relation to the team?
                Hockey community is a "small world"….friendly with some of the parents. One dad talked to player's dad.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

                  Best effort of the year so far for RPI, despite having a short bench. 4-1 win over RIT and the team looked very much in control throughout the game. Apart from the known injury to Huhtamaki, there were 4 players missing from the bench tonight: Wash, Walsh, Banks and Godin. I'm hoping that it is just Thanksgiving travel complications rather than injuries. Having a short bench means that some players get more ice time than usual and tonight everyone really stepped up and took advantage of the opportunity. Whitney Renn was moved back to Defence and looked really solid there. Much better focus on driving to the net and that's where we got our goals.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

                    Originally posted by hab View Post
                    Best effort of the year so far for RPI, despite having a short bench. 4-1 win over RIT and the team looked very much in control throughout the game. Apart from the known injury to Huhtamaki, there were 4 players missing from the bench tonight: Wash, Walsh, Banks and Godin. I'm hoping that it is just Thanksgiving travel complications rather than injuries. Having a short bench means that some players get more ice time than usual and tonight everyone really stepped up and took advantage of the opportunity. Whitney Renn was moved back to Defence and looked really solid there. Much better focus on driving to the net and that's where we got our goals.
                    Was able to catch most of the third period today. Based on the third I can agree with the above statement. Team looked sharp and in control. O'Brien played well in net and the team battled hard.

                    I'm expecting another win tomorrow. Hopefully this will give the team some confidence going into the last 2 conference games before the break against Brown and Yale. I think this team has underperformed so far this season, however, I'm expecting RPI to bounce back. In my opinion, RPI has the potential to make the playoff race very interesting this year.

                    Does anyone know the status of Hutamaki? Did she get injured again against Quinnipiac? Only 3 games this season so far, could be an impact player when she comes back. The freshmen are having a solid start to the season which is promising. Still expecting a lot more from last season's top scorers Wash and Gruschow.

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

                      Originally posted by hockey21 View Post
                      Does anyone know the status of Hutamaki? Did she get injured again against Quinnipiac? Only 3 games this season so far, could be an impact player when she comes back.
                      She wasn't in the lineup against QU http://collegehockeystats.net/1415/boxes/wquiren1.n14. I suppose that could be wrong.
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

                        Regarding the question about Huhtamaki, see post #82 in this thread.

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

                          Much more ragged game by the Engineers today, and a 3-0 loss to RIT. Two good games this weekend by O'Brien in net...looks like she has won back the #1 role in net. Biggest improvement is what used to be her biggest weakness, pouncing on pucks in the blue paint. Interesting to see that even with close to a full roster today (everyone fought their way back through Thanksgiving traffic issues maybe?) Renn was still on defence, so maybe that is a permanent change?

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

                            Only one ECAC matchup since the last predictions, but plenty of non-con games to give us new KRACH numbers. They're actually pretty friendly to the Engineers.

                            RPI KRACH (RRWP): 18.23 (.2113)

                            MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
                            Points - 10.60 / 11 / 10 / 0 - 26
                            Rank - 10.33 / 10 / 11 / 5 - 12
                            Playoffs - 8.2%
                            Most likely opponent - Quinnipiac (6.4%)

                            Conference rankings:
                            1. Quinnipiac
                            2. Clarkson
                            3. Harvard
                            4. SLU
                              —————
                            5. Dartmouth
                            6. Princeton
                            7. Cornell
                            8. Yale
                              —————
                              —————
                            9. Brown
                            10. RPI
                            11. Colgate
                            12. Union
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

                            2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

                              Jordan Smelker, RPI 2014, making a statement in her first year in the CWHL: http://boston.cwhl.ca/view/cwhlbosto...ws/news_244436

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

                                Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                Only one ECAC matchup since the last predictions, but plenty of non-con games to give us new KRACH numbers. They're actually pretty friendly to the Engineers.

                                RPI KRACH (RRWP): 18.23 (.2113)

                                MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
                                Points - 10.60 / 11 / 10 / 0 - 26
                                Rank - 10.33 / 10 / 11 / 5 - 12
                                Playoffs - 8.2%
                                Most likely opponent - Quinnipiac (6.4%)

                                Conference rankings:
                                1. Quinnipiac
                                2. Clarkson
                                3. Harvard
                                4. SLU
                                  —————
                                5. Dartmouth
                                6. Princeton
                                7. Cornell
                                8. Yale
                                  —————
                                  —————
                                9. Brown
                                10. RPI
                                11. Colgate
                                12. Union
                                This team, despite the thread title, is NOT going back to the playoffs.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X