• Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

Ftrom the 17-18 recruit thread.
    Originally posted by 96IllinoisDad View Post
    Rensselaer
    Morgan Ondrick...............F...............(CYA)....... ................Shorewood, IL
    And a tweet

Interesting that we get a 2017 recruit before a 2016 although there may be some we don't know about.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-13-2015, 05:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• shelfit
    replied

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    Wow......so when is your next appearance on Letterman?
    Not Letterman, the Bachelor. After all I am Mr. Right!

Leave a comment:

• hkypassion
    replied

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    OK, I will end my self-imposed posting exile for this time only. All I see on the men's thread and women's thread is "something needs to change" and then dazzling statistics to bolster that. I never hear any suggestions on HOW to change them. For example, John Burke (or Seth Appert) is a great recruiter but can't coach...etc, and they need to be replaced, which may or may not be true. So, my question to everyone: Who would you suggest is out there, and why would that person be a better fit than what is there now? In regards to the administration, what would you change about that, because we know Shirley Ann Jackson isn't going anywhere (BTW, she was an eyelash away from being Governor of New York, in case anyone didn't know). As an alum, I don't want the value of my degree to be diminished at the sake of the hockey team. (Sorry, I just don't.) I'm listening, in case anyone has a meaningful argument.

This is your chance to play Athletic Director, don't waste it.
    Pondering your question, but if any number of the successful D3 coaches wanted to "be promoted", it certainly would be a HUGE improvement over the current staff.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    You dropped this:

]
    Just don't pick it up by one of the pointy ends, it can hurt.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by TicTacToe View Post
    [/QUOTE
    You dropped this:

]

Leave a comment:

• sk8tronthepond
    replied

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    I like the quote you have at the bottom of your posts:

"I've been lost since 1989."

I believe you're right; you're still lost. The men's coach has a much better track record and that has no bearing on the women's coach anyway.

P.S. Mr. Pessimist might simply be Mr. Right.
    Wow......so when is your next appearance on Letterman?

Leave a comment:

• TicTacToe
    replied
    [QUOTE=shelfit;6097239]I like the quote you have at the bottom of your posts:

I believe you're right; you're still lost. The men's coach has a much better track record and that has no bearing on the women's coach anyway.

P.S. Mr. Pessimist might simply be Mr. Right.[/QUOTE

I think the RPI & UNION AD's drink from the same cup!

Leave a comment:

• shelfit
    replied

There will be no coaching change next year to speak of so put it to rest. Two reasons;
    1. I believe a contract was extended over the summer.
    2. You can't justify a change in the women's leadership if a change is not being made to the men's leadership.
    I like the quote you have at the bottom of your posts:

P.S. Mr. Pessimist might simply be Mr. Right.
    Last edited by shelfit; 02-10-2015, 12:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

There will be no coaching change next year to speak of so put it to rest. Two reasons;
    2. You can't justify a change in the women's leadership if a change is not being made to the men's leadership.
    I can't agree with point #2. No, the men's program hasn't performed as well as they could have the last 5 years, but an NCAA berth and a first round bye (regardless of what happened afterwards) are a far cry from the .327 winning percentage and three bottom four finishes of the women's team. The men's team is a little bit more feast and famine (the two high points I mentioned were each followed by losing seasons), but I don't believe that the futility of the men's squad is anywhere near the level of the women's.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

OK, I will end my self-imposed posting exile for this time only. All I see on the men's thread and women's thread is "something needs to change" and then dazzling statistics to bolster that. I never hear any suggestions on HOW to change them. For example, John Burke (or Seth Appert) is a great recruiter but can't coach...etc, and they need to be replaced, which may or may not be true. So, my question to everyone: Who would you suggest is out there, and why would that person be a better fit than what is there now? In regards to the administration, what would you change about that, because we know Shirley Ann Jackson isn't going anywhere (BTW, she was an eyelash away from being Governor of New York, in case anyone didn't know). As an alum, I don't want the value of my degree to be diminished at the sake of the hockey team. (Sorry, I just don't.) I'm listening, in case anyone has a meaningful argument.

This is your chance to play Athletic Director, don't waste it.
    Last edited by jericho; 02-09-2015, 02:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sk8tronthepond
    replied

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    Time for a major change here.

Leave a comment:

• hkypassion
    replied

On another note, these girls competed hard this past weekend. They certainly deserved better than being on the losing side both games. It probably was one of the best 2 game performance they've had all season. Sad that the coach doesn't praise them for their great effort. Message never seems to match effort.

Leave a comment:

• hkypassion
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Might as well get used to it, lugnut, because if Mr. Pessimist is right it will be that way EVERY year until "major change" is made.
    Major Change INDEED!! Did a little statistics myself Lugnut!! Going back to the beginning (and I don't mean all the "wins" in his record from the early D3 days) - '06-'07 was the first full year of a full D1 schedule. The year before was a combined D1/D3 "non-conference" schedule so starting from '06-'07, the leader of the team is a whopping 99-147-34. Add to that the pathetic performance he's put in this year of YTD 5-21-4 he has a grand total of 104-168-38. What is even more telling of his inability to coach, adapt, lead is his performance at the end of the season where he is 24-55-7 in the final 10 or so games of the seasons!!!

I have to observe, too, that since Colette and Brent left (both very hockey knowledgable) they have not sniffed the playoffs. Who did they replace them with? Someone with one year of D3 coaching experience and another that has a lot of experience, but is never around cause he is off recruiting because he's the best person "to sell" RPI to recruits. Telling, since having to really coach, he's failing miserably!! Not only is he failing on the ice, but he is failing off the ice as well - clueless is the best word to describe his ability to deal with young woman and knowing all that is going on that affect them.

For so many reasons, these girls deserve a better college hockey experience. This "participatory" way of coaching is not winning hockey games and certainly not winning any rewards with female development.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Might as well get used to it, lugnut, because if Mr. Pessimist is right it will be that way EVERY year until "major change" is made.
    It's okay. I think I might have used my lifetime supply of sports luck in the 9th and 10th innings of Game 6 in 2011. Every team I like from now on is destined to lose, and potentially have an archrival win championships every year.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    In the end, our very own Mr. Pessimist shelfit was right and RPI will miss the playoffs for the second year in a row and the third time in four years. We're all very happy he could be so right. Hooray.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X