• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI 2014-2015: Goin' back to the playoffs

Originally posted by hkypassion View Post
    I have to agree with you Shelfit. Unfortunately, the girls are at their best as freshman, but do not improve and in some cases go backwards in their play due to a lack of quality coaching. The evidence is in the way they finish the season every year - with a losing record over the last 10 games every year. Other teams improve as the season goes on, but RPI seems to go backwards in their play.
    These are the same comments which are posted on the men's thread. Is there something in the Troy water (or perhaps in the Troy beer)?

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by hkypassion View Post
    I have to agree with you Shelfit. Unfortunately, the girls are at their best as freshman, but do not improve and in some cases go backwards in their play due to a lack of quality coaching. The evidence is in the way they finish the season every year - with a losing record over the last 10 games every year. Other teams improve as the season goes on, but RPI seems to go backwards in their play.
    Also remember that, with rare international exception, college is the premier level, and most of these young women are preparing for careers outside sports, especially once they hit the second half of senior year.

Leave a comment:

• hkypassion
    replied

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    The truth is often a bitter pill to swallow so I understand how one could easily cough on that bitter pill called reality. I would love nothing more than for the RPI women's team to be good and to be in the ECAC playoffs every year. The reality is that's just never going to happen until a change at the helm is made.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    *cough*

Better take something for that, don't want to have a cough lingering, especially in this cold.

Leave a comment:

• shelfit
    replied
    *cough*
    The truth is often a bitter pill to swallow so I understand how one could easily cough on that bitter pill called reality. I would love nothing more than for the RPI women's team to be good and to be in the ECAC playoffs every year. The reality is that's just never going to happen until a change at the helm is made.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

*cough*
    Allergic to trolls?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by hab View Post
    The Engineers end the season on a winning note, beating Colgate, and finishing ninth in the ECAC. In picking the title for this thread I was hopeful that the team would make the playoffs, and although ninth might seem close, in reality they were a long way (9 points) out of the picture, and with the worst record in team history. In due course it will be time to reflect on what went wrong this year, and the prospects for next year (about 1/3 of the team will be changing over, including both starting goalies). Could do that in this thread or start an offseason thread, or a 2015-2016 thread.

Speaking of threads, this one has been very successful, attracting the 5th most posts of any team thread since it started (the top 4 were the 4 top ranked teams). A lot of divergent views, but generally indicative of a continued high level of interest in RPI hockey.
    Good to see you back, hab. I had wondered where you were the last few weeks.

It is indeed the high level of interest in RPI hockey, but not a high level of interest in RPI women's hockey, specifically. Besides for yourself and maybe GRussinko, most RPI fans who have posted here I think are more interested in the men's team. Judging by attendance the few times I have been at RPI women's games, the interest is still mainly family and friends. It would be interesting to see what would happen if RPI had real good women's team, not just one struggling to make the ECAC playoffs, but one with a legitimate shot at the NCAA tourney.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-23-2015, 03:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Including bringing out the trolls...
    *cough*

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    A very negative season brought unwanted attention to this thread.
    Including bringing out the trolls...

Leave a comment:

• shelfit
    replied

Originally posted by hab View Post
    The Engineers end the season on a winning note, beating Colgate, and finishing ninth in the ECAC. In picking the title for this thread I was hopeful that the team would make the playoffs, and although ninth might seem close, in reality they were a long way (9 points) out of the picture, and with the worst record in team history. In due course it will be time to reflect on what went wrong this year, and the prospects for next year (about 1/3 of the team will be changing over, including both starting goalies). Could do that in this thread or start an offseason thread, or a 2015-2016 thread.

Speaking of threads, this one has been very successful, attracting the 5th most posts of any team thread since it started (the top 4 were the 4 top ranked teams). A lot of divergent views, but generally indicative of a continued high level of interest in RPI hockey.
    Unfortunately I think this thread became popular mostly for the wrong reasons. A very negative season brought unwanted attention to this thread.

Leave a comment:

• hab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Eeyore
    replied

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    So.....will the real Mr. Neal step forward!
    That would be me.

Leave a comment:

• sk8tronthepond
    replied

So.....will the real Mr. Neal step forward!

Leave a comment:

• hkypassion
    replied

One can only hope that she will be playing for a different coaching staff by 2017! There is absolutely NO REASON to keep a coach with such a losing record and NO people/communication skills whatsoever. Credit to the assistant coach for putting a good face on RPI on the recruiting trail!!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

She plays for the Chicago Young Americans U16 team.
    http://www.cyahockey.com/news_articl...rer_id=1167467

CYA is proud to announce their 10th college commitment of the 2014-15 season. U16 forward, Morgan Ondrick, has accepted a full scholarship commitment to attend RPI in 2017. The Rensselaer Engineers are located in Troy, NY where they play their games in the Houston Field-house Arena. The team is coached by Head Coach, John Burke, who has been with RPI for 12 seasons. Ondrick is in her second season with CYA and has been a big part of the U16’s offense. Known as one of the toughest power forwards at the U16 level, she has been a very important part of CYA’s game. “Morgan has been an outstanding student athlete for us. I think she will be a fantastic fit for RPI and I look forward to being a part of her continued development here at CYA over the next 2 seasons,” commented Cimba. “RPI is getting a great young woman and a very good hockey player. I am very excited for Morgan and wish her and her family all the best and continued success.” Ondrick’s job here is not done yet, as she get’s ready for the both the HPHL and State play-offs. "I am very excited about choosing RPI, not only is it an incredible school, but they have a great hockey history. After going on my visit, seeing the facilities and spending time with the coaching staff, I felt like I was at home and knew this was the place for me. I could not have done any of this without the support of my family, friends and my teammates. Playing at CYA was the best choice I have ever made. The coaching staff pushed me to be the best player I could be and they helped me achieve my goal of playing at the next level.” said Ondrick. RPI is part of the ECAC Div I hockey conference, one of the top conferences in the country.

Congrats Morgan! We are all very proud!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X