Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    What's funny is that you're attacking me about a series of games where I don't recall seeing you present. There's more to a hockey team than what happens in a 200x85 area.
    Will you please STOP!! So I am not at the 2 games to see what happened this past weekend on the 200 x 85 area. Yet, you say there's more to a hockey team than that???? You are contradicting yourself.

You obviously feel the same about the men's program (post 974)!!!! Maybe you should start posting there what you post here???????

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Sticks/page49
    Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
      Will you please STOP!! So I am not at the 2 games to see what happened this past weekend on the 200 x 85 area. Yet, you say there's more to a hockey team than that???? You are contradicting yourself.

You obviously feel the same about the men's program (post 974)!!!! Maybe you should start posting there what you post here???????

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Sticks/page49
      If you're so confident that you know what I'm thinking, then tell me how I feel about both programs.

Comment

Here's the Press Release ...

http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...126122413.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeynorth View Post
          I was wondering who that was behind the bench...

Comment

Fans will be fans which means they can be expected to go from support to despair about their team in a weekend or less. What I have seen of this team so far this year is not only some talented players but also some good puck movement and real competitiveness against some decent teams (often resulting in one-goal losses), not what you would expect if they were poorly coached. I agree that this last weekend was a big disappointment, but the real RPI faithful have good reason to hope that we have hit bottom for this year and can expect some really good hockey ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
              Fans will be fans which means they can be expected to go from support to despair about their team in a weekend or less. What I have seen of this team so far this year is not only some talented players but also some good puck movement and real competitiveness against some decent teams (often resulting in one-goal losses), not what you would expect if they were poorly coached. I agree that this last weekend was a big disappointment, but the real RPI faithful have good reason to hope that we have hit bottom for this year and can expect some really good hockey ahead.
              There is a bit more to the reasoning behind my comments. I cannot disclose my reasoning at this time because I had given those that gave me the information my word that I would not disclose it in a public setting nor anyone to whom they did not disclose the information. Obviously I can't stop others from posting information they wish to post. One thing I will say, though, is that for the opportunities that we did take, we ran into a hot goaltender this past weekend, and there isn't much you can do about that.

Comment

There is a bit more to the reasoning behind my comments. I cannot disclose my reasoning at this time because I had given those that gave me the information my word that I would not disclose it in a public setting nor anyone to whom they did not disclose the information. Obviously I can't stop others from posting information they wish to post. One thing I will say, though, is that for the opportunities that we did take, we ran into a hot goaltender this past weekend, and there isn't much you can do about that.
                So be it. But you will understand that until you post some solid information the rest of us might assume that your claim to inside information is mere pretense.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                  So be it. But you will understand that until you post some solid information the rest of us might assume that your claim to inside information is mere pretense.
                  They can claim what they want. I'm well aware that it places me within a "****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't" pickle. I'm not going to let anything I personally witnessed without the aid of inside information by the wayside, though.

I suppose there is one thing I can mention, given it was without the aid of inside information. During the first intermission on Friday, I was taking a look around, and saw the coaching staff underneath the portion of the bleachers where I had been standing, and they were looking at a laptop (and although I don't know what was on the screen, I assumed at the time that it was video of the first period) instead of motivating the girls in the locker room after a period where we were outshot 14-1 and had absolutely NOTHING going for us. Is this commonplace, or would they go over this sort of thing after the game was over and then review the contents during a team meeting?

One person on the team I feel REALLY bad for is Kelly O'Brien. She kept those girls in those games, especially Saturday. She didn't get beat on any soft goals or breakaways; for the most part they were rebounds that the D wasn't there to scoop up, or were empty net goals.

Comment

... saw the coaching staff underneath the portion of the bleachers where I had been standing, and they were looking at a laptop (and although I don't know what was on the screen, I assumed at the time that it was video of the first period) instead of motivating the girls in the locker room after a period where we were outshot 14-1 and had absolutely NOTHING going for us. Is this commonplace, or would they go over this sort of thing after the game was over and then review the contents during a team meeting?
                    I think all teams do that. Every team has somebody heading down from the cameras between periods with video. If you wait until after the game to make adjustments, it's too late. Can't the captains motivate the team? If not, why have them. During a game, coaches coach, captains and seniors lead.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I agree - Kelly O'Brien played really well all weekend. She kept the score "low" on Friday - it could've been far worse unfortunately. Of the 8 goals scored all weekend, 3 were Syracuse PP goals and 2 were EN goals. Girls have to find a way to put the puck in the net at the same time as keeping it out of ours! We're making the other goalies look good! We also need to SHOOT THE PUCK!! Passing the puck around the perimeter on PPs is not going to score goals. Hoping for a better outcome this weekend in conference games!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        I think all teams do that. Every team has somebody heading down from the cameras between periods with video. If you wait until after the game to make adjustments, it's too late. Can't the captains motivate the team? If not, why have them. During a game, coaches coach, captains and seniors lead.
                        Agree. Every coach will pick and choose their opportunities to talk to the team and at other times leave the team to think about things on their own. A coach who is constantly in the face of his or her players in every intermission can quickly lose their attention. I know from my own playing days that sometimes the clearest message when a team has had a poor period is when the coach stays out of the dressing room and leaves it to the players, led by the captains, to figure out how to turn up the intensity. If I remember correctly, it was right after the intermission in question that Burke started his fourth line for the second period...which may have been his statement about the first period.

Comment

Ok....now I get it. Are you referring comments that were made by Knowlton?

Comment

Ok....now I get it. Are you referring comments that were made by Knowlton?
                            Do you have a link to Col. Knowlton's comments? I cannot answer this question without context for the reasons you quoted.

Comment

Do you have a link to Col. Knowlton's comments? I cannot answer this question without context for the reasons you quoted.
                              C'mon FD, it's not like Weaver was sitting there writing it down. Nvrmind, you answered my question! If it is true, Knowlton should be removed.....time will tell!
                              Last edited by hockeymascot; 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

C'mon FD, it's not like Weaver was sitting there writing it down. Nvrmind, you answered my question! If it is true, Knowlton should be removed.....time will tell!
                                What?! It was just a simple request. You mentioned comments that were made by Knowlton. I merely asked you which ones you were referencing so that I could give you a concise answer, and instead you want to make a song and dance about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X