RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

Is the band travelling to CCT/SLU this year? I believe that's one of the weekends where not only are the women away, but the men have the weekend off.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Is the band travelling to CCT/SLU this year? I believe that's one of the weekends where not only are the women away, but the men have the weekend off.
      Yes.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Nice article about the "World Girls Ice Hockey Weekend" at RPI from the International Ice Hockey Federation.

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/news/news-singleview/recap/7266.html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=955&cHash=7d6aab823e

Comment

Still no news about a new assistant coach? This could hurt recruiting for next season even though two recruits are already known.

Are Le Donne and Jakubowski still injured? Any word on their return?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Still no news about a new assistant coach? This could hurt recruiting for next season even though two recruits are already known.

Are Le Donne and Jakubowski still injured? Any word on their return?
            I think Jacko has been cleared for contact and will be back soon.

Andie will probably be out until around Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Typically if the men aren't broadcasting simultaneously, they'll cover the women's games. I haven't heard it on WRPI yet. At least the music is good on Friday night.

EDIT: DJ Scooter mentioned they're not covering it tonight. We'll see if RPITV is doing SD.

It's hard to get people to broadcast the games. Since we're all alumni, we all have lives outside of RPI. Be patient.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                It's hard to get people to broadcast the games. Since we're all alumni, we all have lives outside of RPI. Be patient.
                No worries. If I were impatient, I would have driven to the game. I know you guys were spoiled with having Tim Heiman, and I'm sure he's doing well with his sportscasting career.

Comment

Comments from "Wednesday Women: Topsy-turvy"
                  http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/17/wedn...n-topsy-turvy/

Arlan: RPI is a team that looks like it could move up if it could make improvements in a couple of glaring areas. Sometimes lower-ranked teams can struggle in every department, so trying to fix all of the problems can prove overwhelming. The Engineers finished tied for eighth in last season’s ECAC, but missed out on the playoffs as Brown won a tiebreaker. In league action, their power play clicked only 8.7 percent of the time, last in the conference. That’s less than one out of every 11 power-play chances. Any improvement, any at all, should translate into a win or two, some more conference points, and postseason action. The other area of need is in goal. Both of Rensselaer’s rookie goalies had sub-90 percent save percentages. If they can tighten up as sophomores and save an extra goal or two on each weekend, the Engineers are a far more dangerous team. Against Connecticut, goaltending was still a concern, as Engineers goalies surrendered four goals on 25 shots in the tie and three more tallies on just 19 shots in winning a day later. Kelly O’Brien got both starts against supposedly stronger offenses last weekend, and the numbers were improved. She held BU to three goals on 33 shots and Northeastern to only one on 21. The power play has inched up to 11.1 percent through four games, so while far from explosive, at least it is heading in the right direction. Before 2012 wraps, Union, Vermont, Princeton, Syracuse, Brown, and Yale are among the opponents that RPI will see, so the potential for wins certainly exists. Now the task is turning that potential into points.

One of the difficulties for teams trying to scramble up the ladder is that those rungs can get pretty crowded, as other teams are attempting the same climb. For RPI, Colgate is one of the teams it needs to best in the standings. After getting overrun by Minnesota and losing more respectable games to Northeastern and New Hampshire, the Raiders under new coach Greg Fargo got into the win column twice versus UConn over the weekend. Given the improvement we saw last year from programs like Brown and Union, does this bode well for the overall competitive balance of the ECAC?

Comment

Third in Penalty Minutes - Last in Penalty Kill.

Not a recipe for success.

67% of the goals scored in the last 3 games have been on the Power Play

Comment

Okay, I know it was only Vermont, but I can't help but being greatly encouraged by the team's 5-1 Halloween win. Big goal margin, big SOG margin, and their top goal scorers really showed up.
                      On another note, any news or rumours about the Asst. Coach position?
                      BTW, I love the new road uniforms with the RPI logo replacing Rensselaer. Both home and road uniforms are now amongst the sharpest in the NCAA, and a cut above the look of the men's.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                        Okay, I know it was only Vermont, but I can't help but being greatly encouraged by the team's 5-1 Halloween win. Big goal margin, big SOG margin, and their top goal scorers really showed up.
                        On another note, any news or rumours about the Asst. Coach position?
                        BTW, I love the new road uniforms with the RPI logo replacing Rensselaer. Both home and road uniforms are now amongst the sharpest in the NCAA, and a cut above the look of the men's.
                        Keep hearing the hiring of the new coach is being held up in HR.

Hope the new coach starts soon as running a program with only two coaches puts an incredible workload on Brent and John. Thankfully the schedule has been light up til now.

Only the single PP goal does help the PK average but 7 penalties and playing short handed for 1/4 of the game is too much to be successful every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Stat Man View Post

Hope the new coach starts soon as running a program with only two coaches puts an incredible workload on Brent and John. Thankfully the schedule has been light up til now.
                          I would think that it also hurts recruiting.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One would think, but BC has only had one full-time assistant for years and the Eagles keep bringing in big-time classes.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Heard that Brent was not at the BU or NE weekend games because he was recruiting (bus driver opening the forward door at BU??!! - sounds like a BAD high school team scenario). Also heard he was at Assabet tournament games the following weekend so must have missed games that weekend as well. So their recruiting is probably going OK but the coaching situation isn't - you simply can't see it all when you're the only coach on the bench. Results would seem to indicate that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Stat Man View Post

...snip...
                                Based on this, you can't blame the coaches. If you've ever worked for a large company, you can understand how HR can slooooowwww everything up.

Comment

Working...
                                X