2013-2014 D1 Commitments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 D1 Commitments

Somebody should have "lifted" Dartmouth tonight .......

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
      This "issue" is all being made more complex then it really is. If the best players in the world gravitate to a certain country (conference) then everyone in that conference benefits .... along with the individual athletes. The old adage .... "a rising tide raises all boats" applies here. e.g. .... years ago there was an "issue" of so many European alpine skiers gravitating to NCAA schools (Denver, Utah, etc) .... and taking scholarships away from Americans. It happens in many collegiate sports. However, in the final analysis the skill level generally rises for all participants.

That being said .... I still recall the negativity surrounding Minn/Duluth and all the "foreigners" on their team .... so I understand the resentment at some level .... but at the end of the day welcoming the most skilled players, from anywhere, into any league and doing well by them serves the greater good.
      Well said!! D1 schools are recruiting the "best" players. There is nothing complex about it. Being Canadian, "our" player has never felt unwelcome by the school, alumni, team mates, faculty or the huge fan support from the community with no ties to the University on the basis of her nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by CDNCoach View Post
        I wasn't saying that I would hate the Canadian players I was just saying I would hate that my money wasn't going to local American players.
        Again, I ask, why? If a player wants to be at Minnesota, I don't care where they're from. We have a player from East Lansing this year and if I'm fine rooting for her, I can root for a young woman from anywhere. Why the hell should I care where she's from?

Perhaps I just have an odd perspective on this. I came up here to go to the University of Minnesota from Ann Arbor in 1986, back in the heyday of the all-Minnesota recruiting policy. I hated it. Let me tell you what I heard whenever someone went on about how great it was: they were telling me that they don't really want me at their university. Spending a lot of time worrying about where your students, including athletes, are from is parochial and, as an outsider, I find it offensive. And I feel that way whenever one of my fellow Gopher fans starts talking about the foreigners at UMD. Just let it go. It's a non-issue.

And, in the other direction, maybe you should spend less time criticizing Canadian women for wanting to play in the US and, if it matters so much to you, figure out why they don't want to stay up there and addressing those issues. Or maybe you should just start enjoying the hockey and rooting for the kids that want to be at your universities and stop making a complete *** of yourself.

Comment

I think a nice mix of talent from all available talent pools is very nearly essential to competing with the best at the NCAA D-I level. Given the likely number of options many D-I prospects will have and the diverse nature of priorities players will have as their basis for choosing a program. If you can recruit successfully from all talent pools...well, it's a big plus right?
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

For reason why Canadians go to the USA to play D1 hockey there is many reasons...better hockey for sure, more glam, and for many it's a dream come true and those girls have worked hard for it and made many sacrifices just like the USA girls. I've had one niece play in Canada at the U of M for 5 years and two go to the states on full rides. There is no comparison! In CIS, she was a top forward and the coach tried to do all he could for her, but she received 1200.00 per year and one set of new equipment to last the five years. The other two in the USA have received all the "bells and whistles" with thousands spent on their education. Their degrees were also well received back in Canada! So a Canadian girl would be nuts not to take advantage of this. The CIS need to up their program for their athletes or continue losing these girls...that's the bottom line.

Comment

Player....................Position ...............(Current Team) .......................Hometown

(Based on reliable info, but to paraphrase Yogi, "It ain't official 'til it's official.")
              * Denotes commitments are official, as announced by the school

Bemidji State
              Carley Esse ......................D ............................(Cloquet) ..................................Cloquet, MN
              Madison Hutchinson ..........D ..................(Pembina Valley Hawks) ...................... Manitou, MB
              Lauren Miller ....................F ......................(Nepean Wildcats) ............................Ottawa, ON

Boston College
              Andie Anastos ...................F .........................(Honeybaked) .....................Farmington Hills, MI
              Stephanie Lemieux .............F....................(Pittsburgh Pens Elite) ......................................PA
              Haley McClean ..................F .........................(Honeybaked) ...............................Brighton, MI

Boston University

Brown

Clarkson

Colgate
              Kayla Haus ....................D/F ............................(NAHA) .................................Anchorage, AK

Connecticut
              Kelly Harris .....................F .........................(Little Caesar's) .........................................., MI
              Kaitlin Storo ...................F .....................(Chaska/Chanhassen) ......................Chanhassen, MN

Cornell

Dartmouth
              Mackenzie St. Onge ..........F.............................(NAHA) .........................................Stowe, VT
              Katy Ratty ......................F ......................(Chicago Mission) .............................................IL

Harvard
              Sydney Daniels .................F ..................(USA 18s/Westminster) ........................Southwick, MA
              Brianna Laing ...................G .......................(USA18s/Nobles) ..........................Marlblehead, MA
              Hilary Lloyd ……..................F ………..............(Mississauga Chiefs) .............................Toronto, ON
              Briana Mastel ....................D .....................(USA 18s/Choate) ............................Wallingford, CT
              Natasha Rachlin ................D ......................(USA 18s/Nobles) ..............................Brookline, MA
              Samantha Sutherland .........F ......................(Warner Warriors) .............................Cochrane, AB
              Hannah Zarzecki ...............F ......................(Chicago Mission) .............................................IL

Lindenwood

Maine
              Eve Boissonneault ..............F ...................(Sudbury Wolves) ..............................Sudbury, ON
              Emilie Brigham ...................F ..........................(Anoka) .......................................Anoka, MN
              Jessica Vallotton ...............D ..................(Westman Wildcats) ......................................., MB

Mercyhurst
              Meg Whiddon .....................F ...........................(NSA) .................................................. CA

Minnesota
              Dani Cameranesi .................F.......................(USA 18s/Blake) ..............................Plymouth, MN
              Kelsey Cline .......................D .................(Bloomington Jefferson) ....................Bloomington, MN
              Kate Flug ...........................F ...................(USA 18s/Roseville) .............................Roseville, MN
              Paige Haley ........................D .......................(Red Wing HS) ...............................Red Wing, MN
              Sidney Peters ....................G ...............(USA 18s/Chicago Mission) ...........................Geneva, IL
              Kate Schipper ....................F........................(USA 18s/Breck) ........................Brooklyn Park, MN
              Megan Wolfe .....................F ............................(Eagan) .........................................Eagan, MN

Minnesota-Duluth
              Ashley Brykaliuk ................F ...............(CAN 18s/Westman Wildcats) ..................................., MB
              Demi Crossman .................D ...................(USA 18s/Honeybaked) ...............................Livonia, MI
              Katie McGovern .................F ....................(Dallas Stars Elite) .............................Scottsdale, AZ
              Sidney Morin ....................D .........................(Minnetonka) ..............................Minnetonka, MN

Minnesota State
              Sara Bustad ....................D ............................(Stillwater) .................................Stillwater, MN
              Savannah Quandt ............D......................(Mankato East/Loyola) ..........................Mankato, MN

New Hampshire
              Cassandra Vilgrain ................F ...................(Edge Mountaineers) .....................Calgary, AB

North Dakota
              Kayla Gardner ..................F .............................(Warroad) ..................................Warroad, MN
              Gracen Hirschy ................D ....................... (Team Pittsburgh) .........................Fort Wayne, IN
              Halli Kryzaniak .................D ........................(CAN 18s/Pursuit) ............................Neepawa, MB
              Lisa Marvin ......................F .............................(Warroad) .................................Warroad, MN
              Amy Menke .....................F .............................(Shakopee) ..............................Shakopee, MN
              Lexie Shaw .....................G ...........................(Honeybaked) .....................................Troy, MI

Northeastern
              Sara Foss ......................G .................................(NSA) ...............................North Reading, MA
              Hayley Masters ...............F .........................(Mississauga Chiefs) ...................... Shanty Bay, ON
              Heather Mottau ...............D ..................................(SSM) .......................................Milton, MA
              Bella Sinsigalli ..................D ..............................(Berkshire) ...................................Redding, CT
              Hayley Scamurra ..............F ......................(Burlington Barracudas) .......................... Buffalo, NY

Ohio State
              Katie Matheny .................F ...........................(Team Pittsburgh) .........................St. Louis, MO

Penn State
              Laura Bowman .................F ...............................(Minnetonka) .........................Minnetonka, MN
              Sarah Nielsen ....................F .................................(Edina) .....................................Edina, MN
              Amy Petersen ..................F ...............................(Minnetonka) .........................Minnetonka, MN
              Kelly Seward ...................D ..............................(Buffalo Bison) .........................Williamsville, NY

Princeton
              Fionna McKenna .................F ........................(Chicago Mission) .............................Hinsdale, IL

Providence
              Kendra Goodrich ...............D ............................(Rosemount) ............................Rosemount, MN
              Liv Halvorson....................D .................................(BSM) .............................................., MN
              Arianna Reid ....................D .........................(Lakeville North) ............................Lakeville, MN

Quinnipiac
              Taryn Baumgardt ..............D ..................(CAN 18s/Warner Warriors) ........................Innisfail, AB
              Sydney Rossman ..............G ............................(Minnetonka) ...........................Minnetonka, MN

Robert Morris

Rensselaer
              Hannah Behounek .............D .............................(Minnetonka) ..........................Minnetonka, MN
              Katie Rooney ....................F ...............................(Buffalo) ..................................Buffalo, MN

Rochester Institute of Technology

St. Cloud State
              Lauren Hespenheide ..........F ............................(Shakopee) ...............................Shakopee, MN

St. Lawrence
              Kirsten Padailis ................D .....................(USA 18s/Honeybaked) ................Farmington Hills, MI

Syracuse
              Jessica Sibley ................. F ........................(Warner Warriors) ..............................Luseland, SK

Union

Vermont
              Bridget Baker ....................F ...............................(NAHA) .................................Los Gatos, CA
              Sarah Kelly ......................F/D .............................(NAHA) .............................Binghampton, NY
              Madi Litchfield ..................G .......................(Boston Shamrocks) ...........................Williston, VT

Wisconsin
              Jenny Ryan .......................D ..............................(NAHA) .......................................Victor, NY
              Annie Pankowski ................F .........................(USA 18s/NAHA) .........................Laguna Hills, CA

Yale

U.S. 57 Minnesota 25; Michigan 6; Illinois, and Massachusetts 5 each; New York 4; California 3; Connecticut, and Vermont 2 each;
              Alaska, Arizona, Indiana, Missouri, and Pennsylvania 1 each

Canada 12: Manitoba, and Ontario 4 each; Alberta 3; Saskatchewan 1
              Last edited by Hux; 11-20-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Hux, from the list in this article:
                http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=115187
                These two players appear to be missing:

Connecticut
                Kaitlin Storo .....................F ..........................Chaska/Chanhassen................................Shakopee , MN

North Dakota
                Amy Menke .....................F .........................Shakopee High School .................................Chanhassen, MN
                Last edited by D2D; 11-20-2012, 10:03 AM. Reason: Correcting schools
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

D2D--Storo is from Chaska/Chanhassen. Menke is from Shakopee.
                  Last edited by AggiesHockey; 11-20-2012, 08:08 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by AggiesHockey View Post
                    D2D--Storo is from Chaska/Chanhassen. Menke is from Shakopee.
                    Thanks, correction made.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Miss Menke was also on the most recent USA U18 team IIRC...had the line chart around somewhere. Can't find it at the moment.
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Couple more from Lets Play hockey

Bemidji State
                        Erin Deters...............G.............(Sartell-Sauk)...........................Sartell, MN

Brown
                        Maddie Woo..............F.............(Maple Grove)..........................Maple Grove, MN

Comment

Providence
                          Arianna Reid ....................D .........................(Lakeville North) ............................Lakeville, MN

Does Reid play at Lakeville North or Lakeville South?

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                            Miss Menke was also on the most recent USA U18 team IIRC...
                            She was.

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                            Providence

Does Reid play at Lakeville North or Lakeville South?
                            South, from everything I've seen.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Quinnipiac.............Mika Nervick, F, Shattuck-St. Mary's, Lakeville, MN
                              Dartmouth.............Kennedy Ottenbriet, F, Shattuck St. Mary's, Grayson, SK

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                South, from everything I've seen.
                                Correct. My bad on an earlier post (now corrected).

Hux -- see post 163 for some Yale commits.

Comment

Working...
                                X