Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Changes - 2011 Offseason Edition

I'm having some fun with this.

Let's see I've seen maybe 500 womens college hockey games and in MANY games do I see player being over used. The top players will skate their shift then kill a penalty and then maybe be on the PP 30 seconds later. Sometimes 5 minutes straight! Would I coach this way no but many do.

I've coached and have a daughter who plays D1 and didn't play much her Freshmen year but played a ton in her 2nd season. Did I feel she should've played more her 1st year? absolutley! But you know what life is tough sometimes and sometimes players need to suck it up and that goes for parents. My daughter pays nothing for school and is lucky to have the opportunity to play some more hockey.

I'll say it one more time you're entitled to your opinion but just don't post a team letter on a forum. If she was your daughter would you want someone to post what you did??

What was your name agian? I seemed to miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
      Relax and look at what I'm saying.

Do or can coaches make mistakes? Yes. Can players and parents state their opinions? yes. Should a parent post a team letter on a forum? NO That is what I'm disagreeing with. What if this coach was your daughter? She was chosen to coach and to coach her way. She should be allowed to do so and if she doesn't do well she can walk away or be let go. I think she suffered enough and didn't need this letter posted.

I'll add one more comment. Over her head?? She seemed to do fine as far as wins and losses and I've seen some players and coaches praise her in this forum.

If you feel so strongly you're right than let us know who you are. It's that easy.

Guess reading is a problem for you (willing to bet it will take you hours to figure out what you have wrong in this one). At least understanding what your reading. Go back and have a friend help you with the posts you make reference to. They might be able to explain it to you in terms you might understand. Please tell me you're not a registered voter in the US.
      My name is Abe Lincoln I live in Washington does this now make it true(by the way i wouldn't give you the time of day much less my name).

Comment

What was your name agian? I seemed to miss it.
        I must have missed where you said who you were? could you repeat that?

I think if people were suppose to say who they are then we wouldn't have usernames and a lot of people wouldn't post.

I can appreciate that you feel that the coach is suffering and deserves to be left alone, but what would you say to those players who have ultimately lost their love for the game they grew up playing. What about their suffering, no one seemed to stick up for them. She stole the love that some players had for the game and that is a crime. Perhaps you don't understand because you haven't found something you feel that strongly about.

Comment

First things first- I am a FORMER player not a parent so try and comprehend it. Second, don’t worry who I am and I don’t worry who you are and quite frankly, I don’t care who you are. Third, if you weren’t in the locker room or had a child in the locker room, your opinion doesn’t matter. It’s that simple. All this explain who you are if you have the guts blah blah blah, clearly I had the guts to voice how I felt about her because I saw how self-centered she is. But for you 2 nimrods, I don’t care enough about either of you or respect you to state my name ☺ take care. Oh and the players suffered a lot more than she did.

Comment

Relax and look at what I'm saying.

Do or can coaches make mistakes? Yes. Can players and parents state their opinions? yes. Should a parent post a team letter on a forum? NO That is what I'm disagreeing with. What if this coach was your daughter? She was chosen to coach and to coach her way. She should be allowed to do so and if she doesn't do well she can walk away or be let go. I think she suffered enough and didn't need this letter posted.

I'll add one more comment. Over her head?? She seemed to do fine as far as wins and losses and I've seen some players and coaches praise her in this forum.

If you feel so strongly you're right than let us know who you are. It's that easy.
            First I would like to correct you. If you read the entire post of the letter the poster stated she was or is a player. This was the first time I saw it. I was told about it after it was delivered. After no response I was asked to also state my opinion to the Powers that be. I have many other issues with this coach that I will not post on this forum because it really isn't anybodys business and it is not an issue any longer.
            Also because of the amount of girls that she has hurt through her 3 year tenure I could care less how much she is suffering. I hope it last as long as each girls pain added together. And each girl who felt the need to stop playing as long as she was there.

I am a parent. That is all you need to know. It's that easy.

Comment

Last I checked hockey is a game. If you were to tell me this coach hurt your daughters education. I would feel your pain. Because your daughter might not played enough doesn't warrant posting a TEAM letter that should have stayed in house. If you would have just made the comment you thought she was a terrible coach I wouldn't have responded. You posted a team letter that should have been kept in house. Again I'll state how do we know ALL the players signed it and it's not just something you wrote and sent to whomever. Because you stated it? Not good enough. I've seen some nice posts about this coach and your daughter chose to play for her didn't she?

Hockey is a game. It doesn't ruin peoples lives like let's say the letter you posted.

Comment

Last I checked hockey is a game. If you were to tell me this coach hurt your daughters education. I would feel your pain. Because your daughter might not played enough doesn't warrant posting a TEAM letter that should have stayed in house. If you would have just made the comment you thought she was a terrible coach I wouldn't have responded. You posted a team letter that should have been kept in house. Again I'll state how do we know ALL the players signed it and it's not just something you wrote and sent to whomever. Because you stated it? Not good enough. I've seen some nice posts about this coach and your daughter chose to play for her didn't she?

Hockey is a game. It doesn't ruin peoples lives like let's say the letter you posted.
                First read post 229. I did not post that letter. Second I never said she ruined anyones life. She just made them not want to play the game they were so passionate about. Third I never said MY daughter had her icetime cut. I just happen to have a good relationship with most of the team past and present. I can also tell you present players are celebrating and looking forward to a new begining this coming season. Past players are happy for their teammates. The one good thing she did was unite these girls and make a family. Oh I know she thought she was Herb Brooks.

Comment

Here you guys have your own thread to discuss Adrian. Have a blast.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...lege-Gripefest

Comment

I find the above comment just as dismissive as anything said about the coach. While I do not know any of the players, parents or coaches, I feel for all involved and wish them well moving forward.

I will be more than happy to sign my name,

Martha Henderson Shipe
                    Last edited by Shipe Family; 06-15-2011, 06:48 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I kinda like the fact that someone had the stones to post the letter and am of the mind now that if the same tactic had of been deployed over on the Brown thread 2 years ago that mess would have been dealt with long before this.

Comment

QU, lets get back on track

Whats going on at QU, they have an opening,or do they ?

Comment

Could you please do us all a favour and zip it? You know nothing about the program. I am a former player as well (and no I wont tell you my name, so dont ask) most of the stuff that has been written about players making suggestions and voicing their concerns has to do with me. You figure me for whoever you want. Not that I care. I have been playing the game for 20 years and I do know a thing or two about hockey. YES, she was a terrible coach, and YES she was completely unprofessional at times. She was a good person at time and unlike some people I don't judge a book by its cover. I knew Lomanto well enough to know that she is a good person in fact if you needed her to be a great perosn she could. But, she is not a great coach! She is young yes, but the amount of years she has with coaching she should at least be able to control her own players and what goes on amongst them. I am not saying she needs to be a referee, but she needed to gain respect from her players not just walk in and act like you own the **** place! That was the problem from the get go. YES, I do agree with the player that posted that letter! GOOD FOR YOU! if this is what it takes for Colleges to finally get rid of coaches that do not belong as head coaches then so be it. I wish Melissa Lomanto all the best with her future endeavours and hope she takes peoples advice!

Comment

Originally posted by bdogsfan View Post
                            I must have missed where you said who you were? could you repeat that?

I think if people were suppose to say who they are then we wouldn't have usernames and a lot of people wouldn't post.

I can appreciate that you feel that the coach is suffering and deserves to be left alone, but what would you say to those players who have ultimately lost their love for the game they grew up playing. What about their suffering, no one seemed to stick up for them. She stole the love that some players had for the game and that is a crime. Perhaps you don't understand because you haven't found something you feel that strongly about.

+1

Comment

I get a real kick out of the likes of WFR and WIrinkrat. Who the hell are you to be originating another thread and suggesting we get back on track? Last I looked this thread title is "Coaching Changes" and it's the "2011 offseason". These ppl are on point with the topic and have the freedom to discuss whatever they want here without being told to move to a newly created thread or to get back on topic. If you don't like whats being said or discussed...then don't read it but for the love of God don't tell ppl where to go or what can be said or not said.

Comment

Staying in house with comments certainly doesn't lead to changes in anything. Look at what happened with Brown over the past few years. Without exposure, the ol' apple cart will never get disturbed.

Comment

Working...
                                X