Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Changes - 2011 Offseason Edition

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
    A thousand bucks says you never played the game.
    If you send me the thousand bucks I'll donate it to my favorite team.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
      If you send me the thousand bucks I'll donate it to my favorite team.
      Just as I thought. Pay for your tickets!

Comment

Just as I thought. Pay for your tickets!
        Just as I thouight. Still obsessing about whether I buy tickets or not. Keep telling other posters what to do as if your advice actually meant something and people actually cared what you thooght.

This relates to coaching changes how...?
        Last edited by brookyone; 06-11-2011, 01:00 PM.
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
          Just as I thouight. Still obsessing about whether I buy tickets or not. Keep telling other posters what to do as if your advice actually meant something and people actually cared what you thooght.

This relates to coaching changes how...?
          What does thouight or thooght mean? I'm trying my best to follow. Look back, you started it, as per usual. Take a walk, you are no fun anymore. The sucker for punishment is astounding.

Comment

What does thouight or thooght mean? I'm trying my best to follow. Look back, you started it, as per usual. Take a walk, you are no fun anymore. The sucker for punishment is astounding.
            Another typo...horrendous and inexcusable! Yet seemingly, one of your very favorite indictments. It's a nice day...I just may take a walk, or a bike ride. Can't afford tickets to hockey games...sure can't afford gas for the car!

Your not having fun is very distressing!

This has to do with coaching changes how...?
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

So you always stay on topic, Brooky?

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                So you always stay on topic, Brooky?
                I frequently respond to personal attacks in an off topic fashion. Glad you took the time to get involved. It's so unlike you to jump on the anti-brookyone Milli Vanilli driven bandwagon...totally unexpected.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

At any rate here it is. Do I think that I could do a better job then the coach did. The answer to that is yes I know I could. Should I be a coach in womens college hockey hell no I would be in way over my head. But those things I stated before are facts. So you think that Lamanto made the goalie an all american in one season are you that ignorent or just playing devils advocate. By the way she tripped over that it was not recruiting that got that star player there. With all those players on the list of all NCHA one would think they could have won some of the games they played against some of the middle of the pack east teams. Reality is you prove my point when you list the wealth of talent she had at her finger tips 80 to 90 percent of which came from the previous coach. How many Adrian games have you seen in the last 4 years. I wish I knew the game well enough to form an opinion on a team I have never seen or viewed on the web for a few minutes here and there. Yes it was their first trip to the NCAA's, but they did have (even in that important game) players at minus 5 that also were on the ice for two pp goals against. Not sayin you bench those players but you sure don't send that line out together time after time to get scored on. YOU ARE THE COACH IT IS YOUR JOB TO STOP THAT, YOU HAVE TO SEE IT AND REACT. I can't believe that you could watch that game and not realize what happened so I would say you would have to be oblivious not to see that so therefore I have a hard time believing you know anything about hockey and just repeat things others have told you.

Comment

Ok, love the banter folks, but what is the skinny on all the coaching changes? Had heard there would be a few changes, but did not for see this many.

You all will need to do a good job of posting next year as I will be enjoying an all expenses paid trip to a warm climate for the hockey season. Just try to stay a little focused in the forms.

Brooky, and other Goph fans, any changes in your staff. Will not lie, am a Dogs fan, but have been a little unimpressed with your gophs through the play offs the last 2 years. Lots of talent, picking up Raaty, I thought they would have won at least once in the last 2 years.

What is the word on the new coach at Penn State? Was a bit surprised by that, not sure of his back ground in the womens hockey area.

Any front runners on Lindenwood or Adrian? Would Lindenwood try to join WCHA(mid-west area)?

Thanks to all

Comment

I've been hearing Stevenson (D-III, Baltimore, Maryland area) is very serious about adding women's hockey and putting a nice offer out for a starting salary for a D-III women's hockey coach.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 View Post
                        Brooky, and other Goph fans, any changes in your staff. Will not lie, am a Dogs fan, but have been a little unimpressed with your gophs through the play offs the last 2 years. Lots of talent, picking up Raaty, I thought they would have won at least once in the last 2 years.
                        No changes to the staff that I'm aware of. You're right about the post season. The Gophers have not done real well in the post season since Frost took the helm. It's a concern for Gopher fans, I assure you. I believe the "Frosted" Gophers have just the one win vs. UMD in the most recent WCHA tournament, and have not beaten UW in post season play yet. A couple of narrow victories in NCAA q'final rounds over the last few seasons...but a couple of real stinkers in the NCAA tournament also. You could say it's gettin' to a "monkey on the back" stage. The 2011-2012 edition will be the best team since the Lams played IMO. Quite possibly better than that team as well. Yeah...it's time the staff gets this team to realize their full potential.

I should add, I wouldn't endorse or be looking to make any changes to the current staff. They have had the team playing well for the bulk of their time behind the bench. Gotta find the way to improve in the post season though.
                        Last edited by brookyone; 06-12-2011, 04:54 PM.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          I've been hearing Stevenson (D-III, Baltimore, Maryland area) is very serious about adding women's hockey and putting a nice offer out for a starting salary for a D-III women's hockey coach.
                          in the last 12 months they have posted the job no less than 3 separate times only to then take the job down and not move forward.

based on what i've heard i still expect it to go forward at some point, but one is left to wonder what the hangup has been over the last year

Comment

Any front runners on Lindenwood or Adrian? Would Lindenwood try to join WCHA(mid-west area)?

I'm not sure Lindenwood is looking for a new coach. Maybe someone from the greater Toledo area will apply for the Adrian opening?

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post

I'm not sure Lindenwood is looking for a new coach. Maybe someone from the greater Toledo area will apply for the Adrian opening?
                              Lindenwood is keeping their club coach

Comment

RMU hires Mercyhurst assistant Paul Colontino for their vacant HC job

http://www.rmucolonials.com/ViewArti...B_OEM_ID=13900
                                HT: Bucs FC - IV.46

Comment

Working...
                                X